Tech21 vs Speck

adock22096

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
Can't decide between the tech21 impact tactical and the speck candyshell grip. Does anyone have experience with either or both cases?
Which would you chooses?

Thanks.

mcgeorge36

Dec 8, 2009
Visit site
I had/have the speck candyshell grip. I was using it until I got the zerolemon extended battery. It fit the phone fine, no issues there. It gave decent protection when the phone fell. Overall, it was worth the money I paid for it.

adock22096

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
Thanks I ended up getting both I really like the candyshell grip. I don't know of the buttons need to break in on the tec case if they don't I think I'll return it

jhnnyblze2000

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I have them both and prefer the tech 21 the candyshell grip is nice but imo I don't like the look of it. I prefer the regular candyshell but they don't make it for the note 4. The verus Thor and iron shields r really nice cases and I'm looking to get the tech 21 classic mesh case next.

jhnnyblze2000

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Honestly every case I've owned I think has contributed a scratch or 2 to the phone. The buttons on the tech 21 r definitely a little stiff.

jhnnyblze2000

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Yup no problem yea I got them on Amazon. I hear they r like half the price on Amazon over the verus website and the shipping from Amazon is SO much faster.

note-4

Jan 20, 2015
Visit site
I have them both and prefer the tech 21 the candyshell grip is nice but imo I don't like the look of it. I prefer the regular candyshell but they don't make it for the note 4. The verus Thor and iron shields r really nice cases and I'm looking to get the tech 21 classic mesh case next.

I am going the other way. Had verus thor, amazing case - but slippery specially in winter ... going for candyshell grip as I care more about the grip factor than good looks

Posted via the Android Central App

kami8586

Mar 8, 2014
Visit site
The verus thor seems to be my go to case. I have the Samsung flip, spigen aluminum, and spigen tough armor. The verus thor to me gives me the best grip and feel I think.

DMarie04

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
I have both the Verus Thor (black) & the Speck Candy Shell Grip cases (white/black). While each of them provide a different look, I really like them both. I do feel out of the two, that the Candy Shell Grip provides better all around protection as well as a better grip....IMHO, the edge goes to Speck Candy Shell.

Posted From MY Next Big Thing!!

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I have the Tech 21 case and I love it. I have the classic smokey mesh case. I love the look, feel, and fit of it. I have always liked my cases to have stiffer buttons. So, this case is great for me.

Note in my house!

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
We have had 2 different friends with shattered screens from minimal drops with their devices in Tech 21 cases. They were both Apple devices and not the Note 4.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
We have had 2 different friends with shattered screens from minimal drops with their devices in Tech 21 cases. They were both Apple devices and not the Note 4.
I have had the opposite experience. I had the Tech 21 case on my iPhone 6 Plus and dropped it a few times from chest height and no damage. I haven't dropped my Note 4 yet, but if I do, I will let you know how it goes.

Note in my house!

Brian Kenny

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
I went day drinking the other day and got lit up... I was showing the tech 21 case off and threw it twice pretty hard on tile.. not a scratch on the phone or case... it's a winner!!!