Waterproof Note 4 cases

Thomas Joicy

Jul 8, 2015
Visit site
The Ghostek case is great. I would not say fully waterproof but quite water resistant. If you use an ear piece to make and receive calls you will be good but if you don't you will have a hard time hearing who you are speaking too and they will have a harder time hearing you. I removed the little rubber or cellophane gaskets in the hearing piece and at the micro phone. I use my phone while deer hunting and i have sat through thunderstorms and mild snow storms and have never had a water issue. The only negative is the home button decides to fall off and you can not put it back on. Not sure if its the glue and the heat from being in my pocket but it came off twice. On both occasions the place where I bought it sent me a new one with no questions asked. Can not go wrong with that. Good luck with your case. Hope you like it.

IGWright

Jun 23, 2012
Visit site
Another vote for Ghostek.
I've had mine for about 6 months.
Dropped from shoulder height.
Use the phone in the shower.

Not leaks,
No damage.
And I can use it to make calls without Bluetooth.
The key is to assemble the unit bottom to top,
that way the case presses firmly against the microphone.

Cheers,

Ian

kpdx

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
I bought the white case shown in the above picture. Mi e must have been defective because the water poured in. So glad I tested it first. What a waste of money.

Posted via the Android Central App

MadreTo2Stinkers

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
I just bought the Ghostek Atomic case and 15 days later the s pen access door broke off on my wife's case and mine....not happy....

I went through 2 Ghostek Atomic cases last summer for the same reason - S Pen door broke an wouldnt latch (or be waterproof).

I did take it in the pool BEFORE the S pen door broke and it was fine.

Smith4games

May 16, 2016
Visit site
Title says it all, are there any out there? Can't seem to find one. With popularity of phone I would think there is one.

Posted via the Android Central App

After all this time...Unfortunately there isn't any waterproof cases, that have good reviews... or at least 'solid' good reviews.

Some cases with metal looked promiseing, but they tend to reduce signal strength. And even if not, too much leaking...

The best for waterproof... are the bag cases. Joto has the best reviews (just search amazon) with over 12,000 reviews. Note 4 is supposed to fit, with out a case in one. However, with a second hand note 4, unlocked for my carrier, I do not have any insurance on mine, plus I am very clumsy... So I am pretty much paranoid with out my otterbox defender... and around water.

I have been researching a lot, the case (not a bag, but fitted case) JJX-tech (1st link below) has the best reviews.. but still with only 70 plus people reviewing, not alot. There is still enough bad reviews of leakage, to not trust this 100%.

I've decided for when I'm near or on water... I'll swith from my otter box to JJX waterproof case, AND then into a waterproof bag, like Joto or Kona. If the Joto bags don't come in a large enough that I can use the case in, then I'll get the kono, over a 1000 reviews, the 2nd link below... they have a larger bag. Heck, if I can't liquipel it, or I might even slip it into a double closure zip lock bag, then the JJX, then the Kona. Yes, I am that paranoid.

But with on hell of a camera, which I can not afford a stand alone camera that can come close to the note 4, my kids, ect.... I don't want to leave my phone behind...

So I'll double, or triple the waterproofing... just in case... (no pun intended)

Maybe someone fund something else by now?

JJX-TECH™ Shockproof Waterproof
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B011...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5181505

http://www.amazon.com/Submariner-Wa...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5181505

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar