Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

View Poll Results: Will you still buy the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 if it does not have a 2560x1440 screen?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES, I WILL BUY IT

    41 73.21%
  • NO, I WILL NOT BUY IT

    15 26.79%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 81
Like Tree35Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Will you still buy the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 if it does not have a 2560x1440 screen?

    Will you still buy the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 if it does not have a 2560x1440 screen? By the time the Note 4 is released, flagship phones from Samsung's competitors will have these high-resolution screens. It seems a hard sell if Samsung doesn't have it by then, no?
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Will you still buy the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 if it does not have a 2560x1440 screen?

    I think the huge pile of features Samsung will be bringing to the table with the note 4 will outweigh the difference in resolution for most people. Besides, will we really be able to tell the difference between 1080p and 1440p? There's probably little difference that you can actually notice, if any.

    Posted via Android Central App
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Will you still buy the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 if it does not have a 2560x1440 screen?

    Quote Originally Posted by CarrierPigeon View Post
    Will you still buy the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 if it does not have a 2560x1440 screen? By the time the Note 4 is released, flagship phones from Samsung's competitors will have these high-resolution screens. It seems a hard sell if Samsung doesn't have it by then, no?

    I really hope they do not go with 2560x1440... I want improvements in battery life!!!!
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Will you still buy the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 if it does not have a 2560x1440 screen?

    Wouldn't matter. When I got my note 2,I could have gotten a 1080p display but still chose to get the Note 2

    dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    lpt2569 and Manky Boy like this.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Will you still buy the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 if it does not have a 2560x1440 screen?

    Absofrigginlutely

    Posted via Android Central App
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Will you still buy the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 if it does not have a 2560x1440 screen?

    1440p is not a must have for me, but a nice to have. I'm hoping Samsung will improve the stylus experience since that's what separates them from the competition. For example, I would love to see them implement this 1ms touchscreen latency to the Note 4. I would write and draw on my Note more often if it actually felt like I'm writing/drawing on paper.

  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default Re: Will you still buy the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 if it does not have a 2560x1440 screen?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sh3ngLong View Post
    For example, I would love to see them implement this 1ms touchscreen latency to the Note 4. I would write and draw on my Note more often if it actually felt like I'm writing/drawing on paper.
    Did that guy in the video really say "a decade"(how long it will take for them to implement 1ms)?
  8. #8  
    NoYankees44's Avatar

    Posts
    1,259 Posts
    Carrier
    Viper

    Default Re: Will you still buy the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 if it does not have a 2560x1440 screen?

    I will have to see the difference between 1080p and 1440p. There is only a very slight difference between 720p and 1080p. I can't imagine there would be a noticeable difference with 1440p. I am thinking it won't matter either way.
    ErnstMach likes this.
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Will you still buy the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 if it does not have a 2560x1440 screen?

    It would also depend on battery life. If fHD gave a decent amount better battery life then I would go for that

    dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Will you still buy the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 if it does not have a 2560x1440 screen?

    Yup, I'll still get the Note 4. The only thing that would absolutely be a deal breaker is a sealed/embedded battery!
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Will you still buy the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 if it does not have a 2560x1440 screen?

    I would prefer they stay at 1080p on it and give better battery life than go with the higher res screen that will draw more power. All I really want from the Note 4 are an Isocell camera, OIS, and a 6"+ screen.
    indysteve9 likes this.
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Will you still buy the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 if it does not have a 2560x1440 screen?

    Without a doubt. I started saving for the Note4 already
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Will you still buy the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 if it does not have a 2560x1440 screen?

    I got my Note 3 in december and I love it. So I'm going to enjoy it until my contract runs out and then I'll get the Note 5.
    crester likes this.
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Will you still buy the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 if it does not have a 2560x1440 screen?

    At this point I would not be able to tell the difference....old eyes getting the best of me.
    So yes, I would buy it one way or another...love the large screen (again old eyes).
    Everything since the Droid Bionic has looked good to me....LOL.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

    Default Re: Will you still buy the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 if it does not have a 2560x1440 screen?

    Quote Originally Posted by BBSeattle View Post
    At this point I would not be able to tell the difference....old eyes getting the best of me.
    So yes, I would buy it one way or another...love the large screen (again old eyes).
    Everything since the Droid Bionic has looked good to me....LOL.
    I would love a bigger screen... but I think the current Note 3 is already at the limit.... maybe they can kick it up to 6.2-inch... anything beyond that, I'll need to grow bigger hands.

    I think it's safe to assume that most of the hardware specs for the Note 4 has already been decided by Samsung engineers by now. We can only wait until the leaked pictures start showing up.
  16. #16  

    Default Re: Will you still buy the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 if it does not have a 2560x1440 screen?

    I think the Note 4 will have a 5.9" screen (assuming they follow the same .2" increase with each Note iteration). I also think they'll keep the overall size down, like they did with the Note 3 (virtually the same size as the Note 2), by reducing the bezels.

    I'm on the fence though if the Note 4 will have on screen buttons because that would effectively cut the screen size back down near Note 3 levels unless when in full screen or where the buttons are not shown. But that's a minority of the time, thus why I'm apprehensive about them.
  17. #17  

    Default Re: Will you still buy the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 if it does not have a 2560x1440 screen?

    I still love my Note 2. Probably wait for the 5!

    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

    Default Re: Will you still buy the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 if it does not have a 2560x1440 screen?

    Quote Originally Posted by Synycalwon View Post
    I think the Note 4 will have a 5.9" screen (assuming they follow the same .2" increase with each Note iteration). I also think they'll keep the overall size down, like they did with the Note 3 (virtually the same size as the Note 2), by reducing the bezels.

    I'm on the fence though if the Note 4 will have on screen buttons because that would effectively cut the screen size back down near Note 3 levels unless when in full screen or where the buttons are not shown. But that's a minority of the time, thus why I'm apprehensive about them.
    on screen buttons will be a deal breaker for me....

    I love Samsung because of three things: microSD card slots, physical home button, removable battery.
    (or wait, am I the only one who absolutely must have those three things? )

    I had three Galaxy Note 2 phones... used one of the upgrades to go to Note 3. Kept the other Note 2 phones because I didn't(and still don't) think the Note 3 was that big of an "upgrade" from the Note 2. Saving the other 2 upgrades for the Note 4.... sure hope they'll be in the stores by Thanksgiving this year.
    Synycalwon and Fishfam4 like this.
  19. #19  

    Default Re: Will you still buy the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 if it does not have a 2560x1440 screen?

    Quote Originally Posted by CarrierPigeon View Post
    on screen buttons will be a deal breaker for me....

    I love Samsung because of three things: microSD card slots, physical home button, removable battery.
    (or wait, am I the only one who absolutely must have those three things? )

    I had three Galaxy Note 2 phones... used one of the upgrades to go to Note 3. Kept the other Note 2 phones because I didn't(and still don't) think the Note 3 was that big of an "upgrade" from the Note 2. Saving the other 2 upgrades for the Note 4.... sure hope they'll be in the stores by Thanksgiving this year.
    Similar sentiment here! Although I like the on screen buttons on my original Note 10.1, not so sure about a smaller screen device. Sometimes it's annoying to lose the screen real estate on the 10" screen. Not to mention there are times the on screen buttons stop responding (happens on my Nexus 7 sometimes too! ). Never had that problem with capacitive or physical buttons.
  20. #20  

    Default Re: Will you still buy the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 if it does not have a 2560x1440 screen?

    Now that'll be quite the upgrade !
  21. #21  

    Default Re: Will you still buy the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 if it does not have a 2560x1440 screen?

    I won't buy it because it's too big of a phone.
  22. #22  

    Default Re: Will you still buy the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 if it does not have a 2560x1440 screen?

    Quote Originally Posted by jdevenberg View Post
    I would prefer they stay at 1080p on it and give better battery life than go with the higher res screen that will draw more power. All I really want from the Note 4 are an Isocell camera, OIS, and a 6"+ screen.
    How about water proofing?
  23. #23  
    NoNexus's Avatar

    Posts
    303 Posts
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts

    Default Re: Will you still buy the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 if it does not have a 2560x1440 screen?

    I can give the physical home button up but not at the expense of screen. If they jump the screen . 5 then do onscreen buttons I am OK with that.

    That being said, I really do not see on screen buttons on Samsung anytime soon. With every new release, of every phone, it is becoming more of a 'what separates us from them' kinda thing.

    Posted via Android Central App
    monsieurms and Manky Boy like this.
  24. #24  

    Default Re: Will you still buy the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 if it does not have a 2560x1440 screen?

    Quote Originally Posted by Omer San Gabriel View Post
    How about water proofing?
    I wouldn't complain about it being waterproof so long as it has wireless charging built in. However, it's also not a must have feature for me.
  25. #25  

    Default Re: Will you still buy the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 if it does not have a 2560x1440 screen?

    I'd still get it if it had a 1080p display.

    Posted via Android Central App
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Cant download some apps at the playstore
    By lerucy in forum Samsung Galaxy S5
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 03-30-2016, 04:33 AM
  2. Stock Email app widget is not available
    By Michael Carson1 in forum Android 4.4 KitKat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-04-2014, 07:17 PM
  3. Uninstalled the dialer app
    By Cobravision in forum Samsung Galaxy S5
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-17-2014, 02:30 PM
  4. can I get this cheaper or the same price somewhere else?
    By Go Ogle in forum Samsung Galaxy S5 Accessories
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-16-2014, 08:56 PM

Posting Permissions