Will you still buy the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 if it does not have a 2560x1440 screen?

Will you still buy the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 if it does not have a 2560x1440 screen?

• Total voters

CarrierPigeon

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
Will you still buy the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 if it does not have a 2560x1440 screen? By the time the Note 4 is released, flagship phones from Samsung's competitors will have these high-resolution screens. It seems a hard sell if Samsung doesn't have it by then, no?

ErnstMach

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
I think the huge pile of features Samsung will be bringing to the table with the note 4 will outweigh the difference in resolution for most people. Besides, will we really be able to tell the difference between 1080p and 1440p? There's probably little difference that you can actually notice, if any.

Posted via Android Central App

anon(661246)

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Will you still buy the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 if it does not have a 2560x1440 screen? By the time the Note 4 is released, flagship phones from Samsung's competitors will have these high-resolution screens. It seems a hard sell if Samsung doesn't have it by then, no?

I really hope they do not go with 2560x1440... I want improvements in battery life!!!!

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Wouldn't matter. When I got my note 2,I could have gotten a 1080p display but still chose to get the Note 2

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Sh3ngLong

May 16, 2010
Visit site
1440p is not a must have for me, but a nice to have. I'm hoping Samsung will improve the stylus experience since that's what separates them from the competition. For example, I would love to see them implement this 1ms touchscreen latency to the Note 4. I would write and draw on my Note more often if it actually felt like I'm writing/drawing on paper.

CarrierPigeon

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
For example, I would love to see them implement this 1ms touchscreen latency to the Note 4. I would write and draw on my Note more often if it actually felt like I'm writing/drawing on paper.

Did that guy in the video really say "a decade"(how long it will take for them to implement 1ms)?

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I will have to see the difference between 1080p and 1440p. There is only a very slight difference between 720p and 1080p. I can't imagine there would be a noticeable difference with 1440p. I am thinking it won't matter either way.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
It would also depend on battery life. If fHD gave a decent amount better battery life then I would go for that

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I would prefer they stay at 1080p on it and give better battery life than go with the higher res screen that will draw more power. All I really want from the Note 4 are an Isocell camera, OIS, and a 6"+ screen.

Evilguppy

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
I got my Note 3 in december and I love it. So I'm going to enjoy it until my contract runs out and then I'll get the Note 5. :D

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
At this point I would not be able to tell the difference....old eyes getting the best of me.
So yes, I would buy it one way or another...love the large screen (again old eyes).
Everything since the Droid Bionic has looked good to me....LOL.

CarrierPigeon

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
At this point I would not be able to tell the difference....old eyes getting the best of me.
So yes, I would buy it one way or another...love the large screen (again old eyes).
Everything since the Droid Bionic has looked good to me....LOL.

I would love a bigger screen... but I think the current Note 3 is already at the limit.... maybe they can kick it up to 6.2-inch... anything beyond that, I'll need to grow bigger hands.

I think it's safe to assume that most of the hardware specs for the Note 4 has already been decided by Samsung engineers by now. We can only wait until the leaked pictures start showing up.

CarrierPigeon

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
I think the Note 4 will have a 5.9" screen (assuming they follow the same .2" increase with each Note iteration). I also think they'll keep the overall size down, like they did with the Note 3 (virtually the same size as the Note 2), by reducing the bezels.

I'm on the fence though if the Note 4 will have on screen buttons because that would effectively cut the screen size back down near Note 3 levels unless when in full screen or where the buttons are not shown. But that's a minority of the time, thus why I'm apprehensive about them. :(

on screen buttons will be a deal breaker for me....

I love Samsung because of three things: microSD card slots, physical home button, removable battery.
(or wait, am I the only one who absolutely must have those three things? :D )

I had three Galaxy Note 2 phones... used one of the upgrades to go to Note 3. Kept the other Note 2 phones because I didn't(and still don't) think the Note 3 was that big of an "upgrade" from the Note 2. Saving the other 2 upgrades for the Note 4.... sure hope they'll be in the stores by Thanksgiving this year.

NoNexus

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I can give the physical home button up but not at the expense of screen. If they jump the screen . 5 then do onscreen buttons I am OK with that.

That being said, I really do not see on screen buttons on Samsung anytime soon. With every new release, of every phone, it is becoming more of a 'what separates us from them' kinda thing.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2