Samsung Galaxy Note 4

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
anyone with a note 3 currently planning on getting the Note 4 when it comes out?

For me the Note 3 has served me very well and have no issue with performance. Unless note 4 has some must-have upgrades can't see myself upgrading...

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
anyone with a note 3 currently planning on getting the Note 4 when it comes out?

For me the Note 3 has served me very well and have no issue with performance. Unless note 4 has some must-have upgrades can't see myself upgrading...

This is the emerging new rule. I said the same with the S5 and kept my S4. If I upgrade this fall, it will be to the Note 4 for screen size.

I do like the waterproofing advances and I'd still be reluctant to allow upgrades to go too long as tweaks and what not improve speed, compatibility, etc.

But the impulse to upgrade every time a new model comes out is fast waning for me. I like my current setup. It's expensive getting a new one and some time and effort getting set up again. I'm thinking the right track now is every 2-3 years, not every new model release.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

Since I have T-Mobile jump I will be near launch.

jhmaynard

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Anyone know when it might be available?

I was just in my local corporate Sprint store this morning looking at the LG G3, and the store manager--when I mentioned I had the Note 2--that the Note 4 was coming next month (August). I asked if she was sure, and she said she was. Said Samsung was putting it out in August to beat the new iphone launch in September.

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
I was just in my local corporate Sprint store this morning looking at the LG G3, and the store manager--when I mentioned I had the Note 2--that the Note 4 was coming next month (August). I asked if she was sure, and she said she was. Said Samsung was putting it out in August to beat the new iphone launch in September.

Not that I have any intent of switching to Sprint (I'm T-mobile), were they going to carry a 32gb or is that farther behind?

Nibs

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
This is the emerging new rule. I said the same with the S5 and kept my S4. If I upgrade this fall, it will be to the Note 4 for screen size.

I do like the waterproofing advances and I'd still be reluctant to allow upgrades to go too long as tweaks and what not improve speed, compatibility, etc.

But the impulse to upgrade every time a new model comes out is fast waning for me. I like my current setup. It's expensive getting a new one and some time and effort getting set up again. I'm thinking the right track now is every 2-3 years, not every new model release.

Yeah I'm with you guys on this, 2 years is a comfy ride for these phones. I'm on the Note2 and there was just not much reason to to jump on the Note3. I'll be considering the Note4 and whatever's out by then though.

jhmaynard

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Not that I have any intent of switching to Sprint (I'm T-mobile), were they going to carry a 32gb or is that farther behind?

Sorry, she didn't say anything about internal storage. She just said that Samsung rep had already been in to prep her about an August release.

chrsdrshm

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, she didn't say anything about internal storage. She just said that Samsung rep had already been in to prep her about an August release.

I really hope this is true, I have the s3 and have been waiting patiently for the note 4......Almost went with the 3, but I know I would have been mad if the 4 came out a few months later...

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
If they announce on 9-3-14 as rumored before IFA, then how long for a true US launch? Will Verizon play the same old games and announce quickly but release LAST. It has me tempted to leave AGAIN.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
armeniomanuel