Samsung Galaxy Note 4

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
My Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II had a Exynos chip and lte. I am pretty sure other USA variants did as well. But most other Samsung USA lte smartphones are qualcomm.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
My Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II had a Exynos chip and lte. I am pretty sure other USA variants did as well. But most other Samsung USA lte smartphones are qualcomm.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

All models came with the Exynos chip in the Galaxy note 2.

I Hope they don't add it in the US model ... while I would like the better DAC in the Exynos since they would use the Wolfston DAC which is superior to the Qualcomm DAC the Better CPU is the Qualcomm ones since they have more compatibility with apps it seems.

Yoink676

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
All models came with the Exynos chip in the Galaxy note 2.

I Hope they don't add it in the US model ... while I would like the better DAC in the Exynos since they would use the Wolfston DAC which is superior to the Qualcomm DAC the Better CPU is the Qualcomm ones since they have more compatibility with apps it seems.
A15 cores are faster than Krait450 so exynos should be faster this time

lindseybp

May 7, 2010
Visit site
That tktchnews guy has a pic of what might be a prototype note 4 and is supposedly going to get hands on with it....supposedly. Pic is interesting but who knows if it's the Note 4.

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Not the point ... I have seen quite a few apps not compatible with the note 10.1 2014 edition because of the exynos CPU.

Hmmm .. Every now and then I get a "this is not a compatible with your tablet" indication. I just thought it was tablets in general. The CPU issue never occurred to me. It doesn't happen often and not with any "gotta have" app (at least not for me!), but it does happen.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Hmmm .. Every now and then I get a "this is not a compatible with your tablet" indication. I just thought it was tablets in general. The CPU issue never occurred to me. It doesn't happen often and not with any "gotta have" app (at least not for me!), but it does happen.
A few games arent supported and the Amex app isn't at all which i use a lot

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
A few games arent supported and the Amex app isn't at all which i use a lot

Most of what I seem to have a problem with is a couple of "watch" apps--some USA networks for streaming related to actual networks (not like Netflix, but more like CBS or ABC==I forget which, frankly)

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
According to new leaked antutu benchmarks Exynos 5433 is faster than S805

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Don't matter how fast it is if there is compatibility issues which I found more Common on devices with the exynos cpu

Hopefully it gets fixed but I'll take the 805 for better compatibility

Yoink676

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Don't matter how fast it is if there is compatibility issues which I found more Common on devices with the exynos cpu

Hopefully it gets fixed but I'll take the 805 for better compatibility

That compatibility issue is region,software-related,CPU has nothing to do with that.

I have a exynos S3,Note 10.1 2014 edition (Exynos,3G) FYI.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
That compatibility issue is region,software-related,CPU has nothing to do with that.

I have a exynos S3,Note 10.1 2014 edition (Exynos,3G) FYI.
I have a note 3 with 800 cpu and had the note 10.1 2014 edition with exynos and couldn't run games on the tablet or compatibility issues

Yoink676

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
I have a note 3 with 800 cpu and had the note 10.1 2014 edition with exynos and couldn't run games on the tablet or compatibility issues

Most applications having compatibility issues can be downloaded from 3rd party sources and they run fine.
Note 10.1 has a higher resolution screen than Note 3 so it has to push more pixels so it may suffer in some graphic intensive games.
Also there's GLtools(available on play store) which could help with the fake GPU and CPU templates.
For a average Joe it may be a problem though,as there are more snapdragon devices available than exynos devices (no doubt about that ) but as these issues are not related to CPU itself but fragmentation of different devices having different socs ,its solvable(that's my experience with both of exynos devices I used)

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Most applications having compatibility issues can be downloaded from 3rd party sources and they run fine.
Note 10.1 has a higher resolution screen than Note 3 so it has to push more pixels so it may suffer in some graphic intensive games.
Also there's GLtools(available on play store) which could help with the fake GPU and CPU templates.
For a average Joe it may be a problem though,as there are more snapdragon devices available than exynos devices (no doubt about that ) but as these issues are not related to CPU itself but fragmentation of different devices having different socs ,its solvable(that's my experience with both of exynos devices I used)
What I really wanted was the Amex app but it wasn't compatible with my tablet. Planning on getting the note 4 and new tab s so I will see how well it works with the tablet