Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Closingracer
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Banned

Global Posts
    4,742 Global Posts

Default Wolfson DAC should be added ...

I Have the Note 3 with the snapdragon 800 cpu and Qualcomm's DAC and the Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 with the Exynos CPU which I am assuming is the Wolfson DAC since they been using it for the Exynos versions of their phones and they recently signed a deal between each other. DAC is Digital To analog converter which basically means it takes the Music format of your choice be it be FLAC , Mp3, AAC, or etc and turns it to an analog signal so it can be processed. I have noticed using my 2 headphones the V-moda Crossfade M-100 and V-moda XS I am hearing a lot more detail in the music with my Galaxy Tab S 10.5 then I do with my Note 3. The Note 3 is using the Qualcomm DAC which to me sounds outright horrible and wish Samsung would decide to use the dreaded Exynos CPU which I don't like as much as the Snapdragon cpu's but would live with it for better music quality, or they should add the Wolfson DAC with the Snapdragon 805 ( I assume that instead of the 801) to use the Wolfson over the included Qualcomm DAC.

I wouldn't call myself an Audiophile but I greatly care about the sound quality
    int_architect likes this.

Global Posts
    776 Global Posts

Default Re: Wolfson DAC should be added ...

I agree with you. If they do use the better DAC I'm going to seriously consider upgrading.

Posted via my Samsung Galaxy iPhone killer

Ignorance has been bliss for me... I used to follow the Wolfson in early iPods and my beloved Chaintech AV710 PC setup. It would certainly be exciting given that Android L has been reported to offer usb audio natively.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  
    Banned

Global Posts
    4,742 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wms3 View Post
    I agree with you. If they do use the better DAC I'm going to seriously consider upgrading.

Posted via my Samsung Galaxy iPhone killer
    Hopefully they use a better DAC then in the Snapdragon 800 in the 805 i would hope