JUST IN: Images of Samsung Galaxy Note 4 LEAKED

Indoler

Banned
Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
Splash resistant at best?? I have the s5 active and I have taken multiple pictures of my kids underwater. If I'm taking underwater pictures with a device then I'm going to go out on a limb and say it's more than splash resistant at best. If my phone was splash resistant then I wouldn't even think of taking it near a pool with kids.

You're barking up the wrong tree, livetoride: the S5 is NOT the S5 Active. They are 2 entirely different animals.

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Maybe The Samsung Galaxy Alpha will fit the bill.
Nah, it's just going to look the same with a different back material. Besides, it's small at 4.7.

Im done with Samsung, just gonna wait for the 5.5 inch iPhone. Never had one before and need something new.

Think I'll take a break from Android and come back in a few years to see how the manufactures and OS change things up.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
The Samsung Galaxy S5 is waterproof and can stay a meter under water for 30 minutes. Take a look at the link below, and click on the video.

Is the Galaxy S5 really waterproof? | BGR

It may work under water but Samsung doesn't market the S5 as water proof... Only water resistant. (see below screenshot)

As I tell everyone.. If you want to risk the water with your phone... And it breaks.. Don't say they didn't warn you :).

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Attachments

• 1407943232441.jpg
    1407943232441.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 101

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I am starting to understand the Samsung strategy.

Samsung unveils metal-framed Galaxy Alpha, available September | Android Central

The Alpha has a 4.7" screen, the Note 4 will have a 5.7" again like the Note 3. To me, the Alpha looks pretty much exactly like the Note 4 in that leaked picture, and also, the Alpha looks a whooooole lot like an iPhone 5S meaning pretty much the same as the iPhone 6 plus .7". I mean lets face it, from a distance you probably can barely tell the Alpha from an iPhone 6. The chamfered metal edge, even the lines at the bottom that the Alpha has. So obviously the Note 4 will be the direct competitor to the large iPhone 6....plus the features that were carried over from the Note 3 that were popular like the faux leather back (minus fake stitching) and the S pen of course.

That's all nice and well, and I am happy to see the addition of metal while retaining the removable back, but a little less copying and more innovation would have been nice. I will probably still get the Note 4, but for the 5, lets be a little more adventurous with the design. Those teased wrap around displays and what ever "Note Edge" is, can't come soon enough..... well....hopefully they won't come right after I bought a Note 4...

Apple is going to have a field day with copying accusations now that the Alpha is official. Dang it though, I kinda like how the Alpha and the Note 4 look, maybe I have been an iPhone fanboy all along and didn't know it?

lazerproof

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
It may work under water but Samsung doesn't market the S5 as water proof... Only water resistant. (see below screenshot)

As I tell everyone.. If you want to risk the water with your phone... And it breaks.. Don't say they didn't warn you :).

What Does IP67 Mean?
IP stands for 'Ingress Protection'
An IP number is used to specify the environmental protection of enclosures around electronic equipment. These ratings are determined by specific tests.
The IP number is composed of two numbers, the first referring to the protection against solid objects and the second against liquids. The higher the number, the better the protection.
Note: All Aceeca devices (except PDA32) are manufactured and tested to IP67 standards.
First Number
0 - No protection (Sometimes X)
1 - Protected against solid objects up to 50mm³
2 - Protected against solid objects up to 12mm³
3 - Protected against solid objects up to 2.5mm³
4 - Protected against solid objects up to 1mm³
5 - Protected against dust, limited ingress (no harmful deposit)
6 - Totally protected against dust

Second Number
Second Number
0 - No protection (Sometimes X)
1 - Protection against vertically falling drops of water (e.g. condensation)
2 - Protection against direct sprays of water up to 15 degrees from vertical
3 - Protection against direct sprays of water up to 60 degrees from vertical
4 - Protection against water sprayed from all directions - limited ingress permitted
5 - Protected against low pressure jets of water from all directions - limited ingress permitted
6 - Protected against low pressure jets of water, limited ingress permitted (e.g. ship deck)
7 - Protected against the effect of immersion between 15cm and 1m
8 - Protected against long periods of immersion under pressure

SOURCE: http://aceeca.com/handhelds/ip67

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
What Does IP67 Mean?
IP stands for 'Ingress Protection'
An IP number is used to specify the environmental protection of enclosures around electronic equipment. These ratings are determined by specific tests.
The IP number is composed of two numbers, the first referring to the protection against solid objects and the second against liquids. The higher the number, the better the protection.
Note: All Aceeca devices (except PDA32) are manufactured and tested to IP67 standards.
First Number
0- No protection (Sometimes X)
1- Protected against solid objects up to 50mm³
2- Protected against solid objects up to 12mm³
3- Protected against solid objects up to 2.5mm³
4- Protected against solid objects up to 1mm³
5- Protected against dust, limited ingress (no harmful deposit)
6- Totally protected against dust

Second Number
Second Number
0- No protection (Sometimes X)
1- Protection against vertically falling drops of water (e.g. condensation)
2- Protection against direct sprays of water up to 15 degrees from vertical
3- Protection against direct sprays of water up to 60 degrees from vertical
4- Protection against water sprayed from all directions - limited ingress permitted
5- Protected against low pressure jets of water from all directions - limited ingress permitted
6- Protected against low pressure jets of water, limited ingress permitted (e.g. ship deck)
7- Protected against the effect of immersion between 15cm and 1m
8- Protected against long periods of immersion under pressure

SOURCE: http://aceeca.com/handhelds/ip67

That's fine for the standard but even Samsung won't say water proof.. They say resistant..

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
It looks pretty darn good to me, and I put a case on my phone so what everyone else is complaining about looks wise will be covered on my GN4 by the case. You will simply see the front.

deparson

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
The real tell will be the Samsung replacement policy. If they will replace water damaged phones for no cost then it is 'water proof'. If they don't, it is 'take your chances' water resistant.

furiousyellow

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
Like it. It's such a small detail but the backing of the phone makes a world of difference to me. It's one of main reasons I buy cases with some grip in the back. I recently had to replace the Spigen ultra-fit case on my S4 and decided to save a few bucks and go for the glossy back over the matte. The glossy one was so slippery, I tossed it after a few days and ended up having to hunt down another matte case. If the textured backing allows me to grip the Note without using a case and saving some weight and bulk, I'm all for it.

I get why some people desire a uni-body metal case, but I have no desire for one. The Note is already a hefty phone in stock plastic form and I like that Samsung phones are among the few remaining that allow you to swap out batteries and SD memory.

aokusman

May 17, 2013
Visit site
The real tell will be the Samsung replacement policy. If they will replace water damaged phones for no cost then it is 'water proof'. If they don't, it is 'take your chances' water resistant.
Yep. I would never take my waterproof phone in or around water. That's just common sense. We all know we are at the mercy of the manufacturer when it comes to warranties.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
There are many ways to use your phone in the water and cases designed specifically for that benefit if you really need to. But don't forget you have a pretty potent electrical device in your hand when you are in or near water which we all know electricity and water do not mix.

Phillip Pugh

Banned
Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm pretty sure the note 4 will look some what different just like the two notes before the note 3 which I own so calm down people just wait until the phone is released before make your final decision

Posted via Android Central App

yourphonemyphone

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
Yep. I would never take my waterproof phone in or around water. That's just common sense. We all know we are at the mercy of the manufacturer when it comes to warranties.

I went crazy and bought a Seiko dive watch when I was travelling in Japan last year.
It's the Seiko "Emperor Tuna" rated to 1000 meters(about 3,000 feet). I've wanted
that watch for many years but was never able to convince myself to spend almost
USD$3000 for a watch. I just couldn't help myself when I saw the watch at a shop
in Osaka.

Guess what? I've had the watch for a little over a year now. Yes, it's rated to 3,000
feet, but I haven't even gotten it wet when I wash my hands. :) When I go to the pool
or the beach, it stays inside my car's glovebox. :(

$_57.JPG

aokusman

May 17, 2013
Visit site
I went crazy and bought a Seiko dive watch when I was travelling in Japan last year.
It's the Seiko "Emperor Tuna" rated to 1000 meters(about 3,000 feet). I've wanted
that watch for many years but was never able to convince myself to spend almost
USD$3000 for a watch. I just couldn't help myself when I saw the watch at a shop
in Osaka.

Guess what? I've had the watch for a little over a year now. Yes, it's rated to 3,000
feet, but I haven't even gotten it wet when I wash my hands. :) When I go to the pool
or the beach, it stays inside my car's glovebox. :(

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTAyNFg3ODg=/z/4PAAAOxyJX1S~GPB/$_57.JPG

Then why buy a diving watch?

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Why not. Some people like the look, design features or the fact that they can have it. Why buy a Rolex, its just a watch right.

pinkpoppy

Aug 15, 2014
Visit site
personally, I hope those leaked images are false - they are boring as hell & too similar to previous models.

if samsung is spouting that its going to be a new design, i can only hope they will do something like have screen edge to edge with minimal bezel or go with the YOUM screen & perhaps 1 or both screen edges curved - i know that still a new technology for them & some reports say its too new to introduce into the smartphone world yet due to costs,but ive got my fingers crossed!

check the link below, old info & some new but a bunch of leaked & render images too - the first render image of a curved display phone - that ROCKS my world right there! YES PLEASE!

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 | release date, price & specs - PC Advisor

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781