JUST IN: Images of Samsung Galaxy Note 4 LEAKED

xxx420

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
One important thing to note is that there is no cover over the USB port like there is on the s5. Does that mean the note 4 won't be waterproof like the s5?

Posted via Android Central App

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Agreed. Looks very boring. I was almost positive about getting this device, but now it seems like Samsung is in a holding pattern and is not going to introduce anything revolutionary.

Weren't we promised a new design a few months ago? I figured they were referring to a new look, not just some different textured back.

I was going to consider this phone because I wanted something new and a different experience from my GS3,but to be honest, at this point I know my next phone won't be Android based. I need something fresh.

lazerproof

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
One important thing to note is that there is no cover over the USB port like there is on the s5. Does that mean the note 4 won't be waterproof like the s5?

No, A USB port can be waterproofed without the flap. Take a look at the Samsung Galaxy S5 mini. No flap over USB but still IP67 certification.

Last edited:

lazerproof

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
Weren't we promised a new design a few months ago? I figured they were referring to a new look, not just some different textured back.

I was going to consider this phone because I wanted something new and a different experience from my GS3,but to be honest, at this point I know my next phone won't be Android based. I need something fresh.

I don't think it looks the same at all to any previous samsung phone if you take a close look, however, looks are not as important as specs to me. There will be no phone in 2014 that can compete specs wise.

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
I don't think it looks the same at all to any previous samsung phone if you take a close look, however, looks are not as important as specs to me. There will be no phone in 2014 that can compete specs wise.

Looks are pretty important to me, and if you look at all the other notes, it looks basically the same, minus the different back cover.

Software is still important to me, but I don't expect to be blown away by Samsung offering.

moc cock 8

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm disappointed with the design too. The G3 and One M8 look way better. I'd really love better speakers too. Too bad HTC camera doesn't compete.

lazerproof

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
Looks are pretty important to me, and if you look at all the other notes, it looks basically the same, minus the different back cover.

Software is still important to me, but I don't expect to be blown away by Samsung offering.

I am not that concerned about the looks because mine will be covered and protected in a case. Also keep in mind, that there will be many custom backs available for purchase. The hardware specs, i believe, will be the best for 2014.

Last edited:

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I don't really care what it looks like on the outside. I don't care about a stylish looking device. What matters to me is what's inside and does it work. I've begun having some problems with my N3, and it's causing me to think about going with something else. I realize that not every device is perfect, and there could be any number of problems with any device. But it has become very irritating. I love my N3 and would hate to give it up. But, if something else performs better (and makes my life easier), I'm not married to the damned thing.

atrain311qes109

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
If I weren't teased by rumors throughout the summer of a new look, I probably wouldn't be disappointed right now. I'm not sure there's enough to make me upgrade. Ah, who am I kidding? I'm on the edge program, so I'll upgrade, but I won't be happy about it. Haha.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
There were a lot of underground leaks saying that it didn't have a derp button on the front and referencing icons native to Google Android. Staying with the current mistakes is compounding those mistakes. I'm unclear on why they'd have backed off from the improvements, or maybe they never were going to do it and just teased the lily.

livetoride4666

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
The S5 isn't waterproof. It's splash water resistant at best.

Splash resistant at best?? I have the s5 active and I have taken multiple pictures of my kids underwater. If I'm taking underwater pictures with a device then I'm going to go out on a limb and say it's more than splash resistant at best. If my phone was splash resistant then I wouldn't even think of taking it near a pool with kids.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2