Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default JUST IN: Images of Samsung Galaxy Note 4 LEAKED

Found this while looking for news.

Global Posts
    21,595 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: JUST IN: Images of Samsung Galaxy Note 4 LEAKED

Will be interesting if it turns out that way. The backing looks nice.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

One important thing to note is that there is no cover over the USB port like there is on the s5. Does that mean the note 4 won't be waterproof like the s5?

Posted via Android Central App

Looks boring, same design every year, same stupid home button. I'm disappointed ๐Ÿ˜ž
    pinkpoppy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Soundtrack to Chaos View Post
    Looks boring, same design every year, same stupid home button. I'm disappointed ๐Ÿ˜ž
    Agreed. Looks very boring. I was almost positive about getting this device, but now it seems like Samsung is in a holding pattern and is not going to introduce anything revolutionary.

Quote Originally Posted by livetoride4666 View Post
    Agreed. Looks very boring. I was almost positive about getting this device, but now it seems like Samsung is in a holding pattern and is not going to introduce anything revolutionary.

Weren't we promised a new design a few months ago? I figured they were referring to a new look, not just some different textured back.

I was going to consider this phone because I wanted something new and a different experience from my GS3,but to be honest, at this point I know my next phone won't be Android based. I need something fresh.

Thin that's for sure.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using AC Forums mobile app
    Owner of- Galaxy Note 4- Galaxy Note Pro 12.2- Galaxy note 8.0- Galaxy Gear 2
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by xxx420 View Post
    One important thing to note is that there is no cover over the USB port like there is on the s5. Does that mean the note 4 won't be waterproof like the s5?

No, A USB port can be waterproofed without the flap. Take a look at the Samsung Galaxy S5 mini. No flap over USB but still IP67 certification.
    Last edited by lazerproof; 08-11-2014 at 10:43 PM. Reason: correction
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Weren't we promised a new design a few months ago? I figured they were referring to a new look, not just some different textured back.

I was going to consider this phone because I wanted something new and a different experience from my GS3,but to be honest, at this point I know my next phone won't be Android based. I need something fresh.

I don't think it looks the same at all to any previous samsung phone if you take a close look, however, looks are not as important as specs to me. There will be no phone in 2014 that can compete specs wise.

Quote Originally Posted by lazerproof View Post
    I don't think it looks the same at all to any previous samsung phone if you take a close look, however, looks are not as important as specs to me. There will be no phone in 2014 that can compete specs wise.
    Looks are pretty important to me, and if you look at all the other notes, it looks basically the same, minus the different back cover.

Software is still important to me, but I don't expect to be blown away by Samsung offering.

I'm disappointed with the design too. The G3 and One M8 look way better. I'd really love better speakers too. Too bad HTC camera doesn't compete.
    brick58 likes this.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Looks are pretty important to me, and if you look at all the other notes, it looks basically the same, minus the different back cover.

Software is still important to me, but I don't expect to be blown away by Samsung offering.

I am not that concerned about the looks because mine will be covered and protected in a case. Also keep in mind, that there will be many custom backs available for purchase. The hardware specs, i believe, will be the best for 2014.
    Last edited by lazerproof; 08-12-2014 at 12:34 PM.

I don't really care what it looks like on the outside. I don't care about a stylish looking device. What matters to me is what's inside and does it work. I've begun having some problems with my N3, and it's causing me to think about going with something else. I realize that not every device is perfect, and there could be any number of problems with any device. But it has become very irritating. I love my N3 and would hate to give it up. But, if something else performs better (and makes my life easier), I'm not married to the damned thing.
    Not every device nor provider is for everyone. So choose carefully before you put your money down. Then live with your decision.

T-Mobile Note 4
    Nexus 7 (2013)
    Asus Transformer Pad TF300T
    Chromecast
    Gear 2 Neo
    Gear S
    shaleem likes this.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Something is a miss.

JUST IN: Images of Samsung Galaxy Note 4 LEAKED-note-4-2.jpg
    JUST IN: Images of Samsung Galaxy Note 4 LEAKED-samsung-galaxy-note-4-retail-package.jpg

Look at the home button on both of these images. They appear to be different.
    Thanked by:

If I weren't teased by rumors throughout the summer of a new look, I probably wouldn't be disappointed right now. I'm not sure there's enough to make me upgrade. Ah, who am I kidding? I'm on the edge program, so I'll upgrade, but I won't be happy about it. Haha.

I am not that concerned about the looks because mine will be covered and protected in a case. Also keep in mind, that there will be many custom backs available for purchase. The hardware specs, i believe, will be the best for 2014.
    It's not even the back that has me disappointed, it's the whole design

Global Posts
    7,170 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

There were a lot of underground leaks saying that it didn't have a derp button on the front and referencing icons native to Google Android. Staying with the current mistakes is compounding those mistakes. I'm unclear on why they'd have backed off from the improvements, or maybe they never were going to do it and just teased the lily.

I really like the look of this!
    Banned

Global Posts
    270 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xxx420 View Post
    The S5 isn't waterproof. It's splash water resistant at best.
    brick58 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Indoler View Post
    The S5 isn't waterproof. It's splash water resistant at best.
    Splash resistant at best?? I have the s5 active and I have taken multiple pictures of my kids underwater. If I'm taking underwater pictures with a device then I'm going to go out on a limb and say it's more than splash resistant at best. If my phone was splash resistant then I wouldn't even think of taking it near a pool with kids.

Banned

Global Posts
    270 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by livetoride4666 View Post
    Splash resistant at best?? I have the s5 active and I have taken multiple pictures of my kids underwater. If I'm taking underwater pictures with a device then I'm going to go out on a limb and say it's more than splash resistant at best. If my phone was splash resistant then I wouldn't even think of taking it near a pool with kids.
    You're barking up the wrong tree, livetoride: the S5 is NOT the S5 Active. They are 2 entirely different animals.
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

Quote Originally Posted by Indoler View Post
    You're barking up the wrong tree, livetoride: the S5 is NOT the S5 Active. They are 2 entirely different animals.
    The Samsung Galaxy S5 is waterproof and can stay a meter under water for 30 minutes. Take a look at the link below, and click on the video.

Is the Galaxy S5 really waterproof? | BGR
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  

It's not even the back that has me disappointed, it's the whole design
    Maybe The Samsung Galaxy Alpha will fit the bill.

Maybe The Samsung Galaxy Alpha will fit the bill.
    Nah, it's just going to look the same with a different back material. Besides, it's small at 4.7.

Im done with Samsung, just gonna wait for the 5.5 inch iPhone. Never had one before and need something new.

Think I'll take a break from Android and come back in a few years to see how the manufactures and OS change things up.

The Samsung Galaxy S5 is waterproof and can stay a meter under water for 30 minutes. Take a look at the link below, and click on the video.

Is the Galaxy S5 really waterproof? | BGR
    It may work under water but Samsung doesn't market the S5 as water proof... Only water resistant. (see below screenshot)

As I tell everyone.. If you want to risk the water with your phone... And it breaks.. Don't say they didn't warn you .

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails JUST IN: Images of Samsung Galaxy Note 4 LEAKED-1407943232441.jpg  
    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 4 using AC Forums.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast