Note 4 Anyone else underwhelmed?

Formerly Known As

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
Current rumours on the Note 4 are not getting me excited...
The higher resolution screen would be nice but nothing else is enough to separate me from my Note 3.

Posted via Android Central App

MrMLK

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: Anyone else underwhelmed?

I think maybe you have unrealistic expectations. Why were you hoping they would add. You are already way ahead of the power/storage curve, so short of some gimmicks like a curved display (which look like it would be terrible) what could they really do?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Jalopiejoe

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site

I think maybe you have unrealistic expectations. Why were you hoping they would add. You are already way ahead of the power/storage curve, so short of some gimmicks like a curved display (which look like it would be terrible) what could they really do?

Agreed!! 😉👌

Formerly Known As

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site

I understand what you're saying.
I certainly was not hoping for a curved screen.
Most of my problem is that my GN3 is so good that it would take something special to get me to upgrade.
I WAS hoping for significant internal improvments. I. E. Improved speakers, improved camera (not just more mp.)
All of the rumors so far don't address either of those things.
As the first responder noted, we will have to wait and see.

revansCAAD8

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site

I understand what you're saying.
I certainly was not hoping for a curved screen.
Most of my problem is that my GN3 is so good that it would take something special to get me to upgrade.
I WAS hoping for significant internal improvments. I. E. Improved speakers, improved camera (not just more mp.)
All of the rumors so far don't address either of those things.
As the first responder noted, we will have to wait and see.

Amen!

Posted via my Galaxy Note3 on the Android Central App

Bazza1

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site

Meh. Smartphones (regardless of manufacturer) are a commodity now - a daily use device. You can put all the sparkly bits on it you like (physically and internally), but they've pretty much hit a wall as far as their actual physical value - the 'insanely great, one more thing' factor is gone.

Google and others get desperate showing off glasses and watches that communicate to us (recalling for a certain group of us perhaps, X-Ray specs and D*ck Tracy) but they're all just treading tech water now. What we carry in our hands are more powerful than the computers that got man to the moon or the desktop computers from a decade ago - yet we yearn for something new and shiny to play 'Candy Crush' on.

dc52ltr

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site

Meh. Smartphones (regardless of manufacturer) are a commodity now - a daily use device. You can put all the sparkly bits on it you like (physically and internally), but they've pretty much hit a wall as far as their actual physical value - the 'insanely great, one more thing' factor is gone.

Google and others get desperate showing off glasses and watches that communicate to us (recalling for a certain group of us perhaps, X-Ray specs and D*ck Tracy) but they're all just treading tech water now. What we carry in our hands are more powerful than the computers that got man to the moon or the desktop computers from a decade ago - yet we yearn for something new and shiny to play 'Candy Crush' on.
Totally agree.

Formerly Known As

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site

Don't tell me that my GN3 is not already obsolete! I don't know if my old heart can take news like that...
ELIZABETH, I'M COMING!

Formerly Known As

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site

Are you saying that my GN3
IS NOT OBSOLETE!
after a year?
My old heart can't take it!
ELIZABETH I'M COMING!

jim_h#AC

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site

This is an interesting thread. I spent a while looking at various rumour sites about the N4 the other day and came away thinking I probably won't bother. Unless the N4 has a unique feature I can't live without (and can't imagine what that might be?), I doubt I'll buy one. There's not enough innovation out there to tempt me at the moment.

Things like better camera or improved speakers don't do it for me. The camera won't improve unless they increase the sensor size and add better optics - seems unlikely. Speakers are only used on mine for the phone functions anyway. I wouldn't want a curved or bigger screen than the N3 at the moment either.

So, yes I am quite underwhelmed as far as the current rumours go. That may change if Samsung pull something really special out of the bag :)

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site

I've never had any intention of getting a Note 4 - sticking with my Note 3 - but there is an interesting rumored featured for visually impaired people. According to Sammobile, they are developing an ultrasonic cover to assist blind or impaired people. I don't fall into that group so it wouldn't change my mind. Here is the article. I'd consider it a rumor at this point but they seem pretty confident about it: Exclusive: Samsung developing Ultrasonic Cover for the Galaxy Note 4 | SamMobile

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site

Most of the details aren't even out yet. The "leaks" are generally concerning the hardware. I would assume that the camera will be much improved. The Snapdragon 805 should allow slightly better energy efficiency, which also may be offset by the QHD screen. Graphics should be much improved for gaming. Pictures and video processing should be faster. Charging with quick charge 2.0 should charge from 0-full in about 40 minutes. These are just some things that can be gleaned from the leaks. Of course, these aren't even guaranteed.
I am sure once the official announcement is made, we will learn a lot more which will make this phone stand out and make us want it.

sunrat39

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site

As long as touchwhiz doesn't lag on this new note I'll get it. I gave my note 3 to my brother and bought the one plus one. One plus one runs so smooth while note 3 had occasional hiccups.

Fix the OS Samsung and improve the camera!

Yogi217

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site

Even though I just got a note 3 used, my contract is up and I may make the jump. Always like improvement in the camera and battery and smoothness. But, I'll admit, I'm a little underwhelmed now that I have a note 3.

tankdog03

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site

Yup and I bet there will be a couple releases like the s5 did and note 3 active.. a note 4 sport maybe. .. so I wouldn't jump right at the first release anyways.. maybe after a few months they will have all the versions out..

FBA

Banned
Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

If it has a faster acquiring and better GPS module, I'm in! That's really my only peeve with the Note vs the S5...

AlfBriggs

May 19, 2014
Visit site

I know the phone will be a beast however I'm not crazy about the look of it looks like a giant Galaxy S2.

Posted via the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 running KitKat