Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 68
Like Tree43Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Note 4 Anyone else underwhelmed?

    Current rumours on the Note 4 are not getting me excited...
    The higher resolution screen would be nice but nothing else is enough to separate me from my Note 3.

    Posted via Android Central App
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Anyone else underwhelmed?

    I feel the same way, but we will just have to wait till it is announced in September 😩
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Anyone else underwhelmed?

    I think maybe you have unrealistic expectations. Why were you hoping they would add. You are already way ahead of the power/storage curve, so short of some gimmicks like a curved display (which look like it would be terrible) what could they really do?



    Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    Thanked by 2:
    cresterzmann 
    crester, emad1995 and rvhs03 like this.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Anyone else underwhelmed?

    Quote Originally Posted by MrMLK View Post
    I think maybe you have unrealistic expectations. Why were you hoping they would add. You are already way ahead of the power/storage curve, so short of some gimmicks like a curved display (which look like it would be terrible) what could they really do?



    Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    Agreed!! 😉👌
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: Anyone else underwhelmed?

    I understand what you're saying.
    I certainly was not hoping for a curved screen.
    Most of my problem is that my GN3 is so good that it would take something special to get me to upgrade.
    I WAS hoping for significant internal improvments. I. E. Improved speakers, improved camera (not just more mp.)
    All of the rumors so far don't address either of those things.
    As the first responder noted, we will have to wait and see.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by 2:
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Anyone else underwhelmed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Formerly Known As View Post
    I understand what you're saying.
    I certainly was not hoping for a curved screen.
    Most of my problem is that my GN3 is so good that it would take something special to get me to upgrade.
    I WAS hoping for significant internal improvments. I. E. Improved speakers, improved camera (not just more mp.)
    All of the rumors so far don't address either of those things.
    As the first responder noted, we will have to wait and see.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Amen!

    Posted via my Galaxy Note3 on the Android Central App
  7. #7  
    Bazza1's Avatar

    Posts
    149 Posts
    Global Posts
    791 Global Posts

    Default Re: Anyone else underwhelmed?

    Meh. Smartphones (regardless of manufacturer) are a commodity now - a daily use device. You can put all the sparkly bits on it you like (physically and internally), but they've pretty much hit a wall as far as their actual physical value - the 'insanely great, one more thing' factor is gone.

    Google and others get desperate showing off glasses and watches that communicate to us (recalling for a certain group of us perhaps, X-Ray specs and D*ck Tracy) but they're all just treading tech water now. What we carry in our hands are more powerful than the computers that got man to the moon or the desktop computers from a decade ago - yet we yearn for something new and shiny to play 'Candy Crush' on.
    Thanked by:
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Anyone else underwhelmed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bazza1 View Post
    Meh. Smartphones (regardless of manufacturer) are a commodity now - a daily use device. You can put all the sparkly bits on it you like (physically and internally), but they've pretty much hit a wall as far as their actual physical value - the 'insanely great, one more thing' factor is gone.

    Google and others get desperate showing off glasses and watches that communicate to us (recalling for a certain group of us perhaps, X-Ray specs and D*ck Tracy) but they're all just treading tech water now. What we carry in our hands are more powerful than the computers that got man to the moon or the desktop computers from a decade ago - yet we yearn for something new and shiny to play 'Candy Crush' on.
    Totally agree.
    Thanked by:
    Bazza1 
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

    Default Re: Anyone else underwhelmed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bazza1 View Post
    Meh. Smartphones (regardless of manufacturer) are a commodity now - a daily use device. You can put all the sparkly bits on it you like (physically and internally), but they've pretty much hit a wall as far as their actual physical value - the 'insanely great, one more thing' factor is gone.

    Google and others get desperate showing off glasses and watches that communicate to us (recalling for a certain group of us perhaps, X-Ray specs and D*ck Tracy) but they're all just treading tech water now. What we carry in our hands are more powerful than the computers that got man to the moon or the desktop computers from a decade ago - yet we yearn for something new and shiny to play 'Candy Crush' on.
    Don't tell me that my GN3 is not already obsolete! I don't know if my old heart can take news like that...
    ELIZABETH, I'M COMING!

    Posted via Android Central App
    shaleem likes this.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

    Default Re: Anyone else underwhelmed?

    Are you saying that my GN3
    IS NOT OBSOLETE!
    after a year?
    My old heart can't take it!
    ELIZABETH I'M COMING!

    Posted via Android Central App
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Anyone else underwhelmed?

    This is an interesting thread. I spent a while looking at various rumour sites about the N4 the other day and came away thinking I probably won't bother. Unless the N4 has a unique feature I can't live without (and can't imagine what that might be?), I doubt I'll buy one. There's not enough innovation out there to tempt me at the moment.

    Things like better camera or improved speakers don't do it for me. The camera won't improve unless they increase the sensor size and add better optics - seems unlikely. Speakers are only used on mine for the phone functions anyway. I wouldn't want a curved or bigger screen than the N3 at the moment either.

    So, yes I am quite underwhelmed as far as the current rumours go. That may change if Samsung pull something really special out of the bag
    Thanked by 2:
    shaleem and Madd54 like this.
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Anyone else underwhelmed?

    I've never had any intention of getting a Note 4 - sticking with my Note 3 - but there is an interesting rumored featured for visually impaired people. According to Sammobile, they are developing an ultrasonic cover to assist blind or impaired people. I don't fall into that group so it wouldn't change my mind. Here is the article. I'd consider it a rumor at this point but they seem pretty confident about it: Exclusive: Samsung developing Ultrasonic Cover for the Galaxy Note 4 | SamMobile
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Anyone else underwhelmed?

    4000 mah. Youm screen. 64gb onboard storage and I'm sold
    pinkpoppy likes this.
  14. #14  
    Nakrohtap's Avatar

    Posts
    887 Posts
    ROM
    CM10.1 Fitsnugly AOKP

    Default Re: Anyone else underwhelmed?

    Most of the details aren't even out yet. The "leaks" are generally concerning the hardware. I would assume that the camera will be much improved. The Snapdragon 805 should allow slightly better energy efficiency, which also may be offset by the QHD screen. Graphics should be much improved for gaming. Pictures and video processing should be faster. Charging with quick charge 2.0 should charge from 0-full in about 40 minutes. These are just some things that can be gleaned from the leaks. Of course, these aren't even guaranteed.
    I am sure once the official announcement is made, we will learn a lot more which will make this phone stand out and make us want it.

    Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    dc52ltr likes this.
  15. #15  
    sunrat39's Avatar

    Posts
    39 Posts
    Global Posts
    190 Global Posts

    Default Re: Anyone else underwhelmed?

    As long as touchwhiz doesn't lag on this new note I'll get it. I gave my note 3 to my brother and bought the one plus one. One plus one runs so smooth while note 3 had occasional hiccups.

    Fix the OS Samsung and improve the camera!
    Yogi217 and joe watson1 like this.
  16. #16  

    Default Re: Anyone else underwhelmed?

    Even though I just got a note 3 used, my contract is up and I may make the jump. Always like improvement in the camera and battery and smoothness. But, I'll admit, I'm a little underwhelmed now that I have a note 3.
  17. #17  

    Default Re: Anyone else underwhelmed?

    Yup and I bet there will be a couple releases like the s5 did and note 3 active.. a note 4 sport maybe. .. so I wouldn't jump right at the first release anyways.. maybe after a few months they will have all the versions out..
  18. #18  
    FBA
    FBA is online now
    FBA's Avatar

    Posts
    804 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,444 Global Posts

    Default Re: Anyone else underwhelmed?

    If it has a faster acquiring and better GPS module, I'm in! That's really my only peeve with the Note vs the S5...
    Converted lifetime BlackBerry user, now on Samsung Note 3...
    Bye bye Blackberry, forever.
  19. #19  

    Default Re: Anyone else underwhelmed?

    I know the phone will be a beast however I'm not crazy about the look of it looks like a giant Galaxy S2.

    Posted via the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 running KitKat
  20. #20  

    Default Re: Anyone else underwhelmed?

    waterproofing would have been cool
  21. #21  

    Default Re: Anyone else underwhelmed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Oates View Post
    waterproofing would have been cool
    And pretty much guaranteed.

    Posted via the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 running KitKat
    pinkpoppy likes this.
  22. #22  

    Default Re: Anyone else underwhelmed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Formerly Known As View Post
    Current rumours on the Note 4 are not getting me excited...
    The higher resolution screen would be nice but nothing else is enough to separate me from my Note 3.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Well, I think it depends on the current phone that you have and whether or not you are eligible for an upgrade

    For me, it's a no brainer. I have a GS3 and am eligible to upgrade, so it will be a big jump for me. If I had a Note 3, and was not eligible for an upgrade, it would be a BIG NO!
  23. #23  

    Default Re: Anyone else underwhelmed?

    I'm waiting for the release to see exactly what the differences are between the Note 3 & 4 vs. the price. Amazon has the Note 3 for $99 on an AT&T 2 yr. upgrade so if the Note 4 is $300-400 (which is what I'm expecting on a 2 yr. upgrade) unless the Note 4 has substantial improvements over the 3 I'll likely get the 3. The one thing the 4 supposedly will have is fingerprint recognition which I'm thinking would be a very useful feature in the car for those of us that use a lockscreen. The other possible feature I like is the water resistant dustproof capability but since I use a maximum protection case I don't know if that makes much difference. Bottom line is I won't pay 3-4 times more for the 4 than the 3 costs.
  24. #24  

    Default Re: Anyone else underwhelmed?

    Quote Originally Posted by lazerproof View Post
    Well, I think it depends on the current phone that you have and whether or not you are eligible for an upgrade

    For me, it's a no brainer. I have a GS3 and am eligible to upgrade, so it will be a big jump for me. If I had a Note 3, and was not eligible for an upgrade, it would be a BIG NO!
    I'm in a weird predicament. I needed a new phone so I picked up a used note 3 a week ago. But, I'm eligible for an upgrade as well.

    I'm not sure if I'll upgrade now or wait another year for the next version. Sounds like most people here would wait another cycle.... But, if I had an old S3, I'd definitely get a Note 4.
  25. #25  
    Raptor007's Avatar

    Posts
    3,387 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,220 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

    Default Re: Anyone else underwhelmed?

    If you are going to say you are underwhelmed they tell us what you expected or wanted to be there. What else is there to add to a Note. Screen, Processor GPU and CPU, metal frame, bigger battery, better batter life, better cameras. What else is there to add. Fingerprint sensor, HRM, UV Sensor (don't care either way on this one). I sold my Note 3 wished I had kept it and the only reason I didn't get another one is the Note 4 was coming. It fits the bill so far.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Galaxy Note 4 News On Twitter: @Note4News
    By Dankees in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-13-2014, 11:47 AM
  2. Doing the subscription continuation trick with the Note 4.
    By prizeferret in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 10-04-2014, 12:17 AM
  3. How Much Will the Note 4 Cost On Black Friday With Upgrade Credit?
    By Dankees in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-10-2014, 02:16 PM
  4. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-07-2014, 03:50 PM
  5. Help with note 2 root update?
    By cons013 in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-05-2014, 12:18 PM

Posting Permissions