How often do you use S Health, and how often do you think you would use the notes UV scanner

DinoMite001

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
I don't use S Health, and would never use the scanner
I use S Health, and would never use the scanner
I don't use S Health, and would use the scanner
I use S Health, and would use the scanner

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
You should make this a poll rather than an open entry with restricted options hehe
But in my case, I use S Health, don't know what I would use the UV scanner for hahaha Until I know WHAT IT DOES and HOW IT DOES IT I can't know if I'll use it.

lazerproof

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
Re: How often do you use S Health, and how often do you think you would use the notes UV scannerI

I don't use S Health, and would never use the scanner
I use S Health, and would never use the scanner
I don't use S Health, and would use the scanner
I use S Health, and would use the scanner

I spend a lot of time at the beach and I like to exercise, so I am sure I will use both if present.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: How often do you use S Health, and how often do you think you would use the notes UV scannerI

I spend a lot of time at the beach and I like to exercise, so I am sure I will use both if present.
Ooooh, so the UV scanner will be to let you know when you need SPF 5000? :)

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site

I use S Health everyday to record my exercise and also keep the walking mate on all day since I walk about 10 miles a day. I don't think I would use the UV scanner except to maybe do a couple tests with it to see if it matched up with the weather forecast UV values. I put sunscreen on everyday anyway and I check the hourly UV forecast each day before I leave home when I'm going to be outside for long periods.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site

The issue is Samsung is 6 months to never in releasing their accessories in the US so if you want to get something that ties into their apps forget about it. You can manually input the data but why wouldn't I want a fitness tracker that does it for me.

pinkpoppy

Aug 15, 2014
Visit site

I use S Health everyday to record my exercise and also keep the walking mate on all day since I walk about 10 miles a day. I don't think I would use the UV scanner except to maybe do a couple tests with it to see if it matched up with the weather forecast UV values. I put sunscreen on everyday anyway and I check the hourly UV forecast each day before I leave home when I'm going to be outside for long periods.

im on the Note 2 - dont have S Health, i tried a version of it found online but it was too glitchy on my phone so uninstalled. what other features of S-Health are good? did you use the other features.

im considering getting a Samsung Gear Fit later this year when I upgrade to the Note 4, thinking they will be a great pair for health & fitness.
I dont know anyone that uses S-Health, what features they use,if its good, and the readings are accurate???
I was using the Fitbit bit was far from accurate & sold it. Have tried pedometer apps, Noom was great but literally killed the battery life on my phone(even though it promised it wouldnt)

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site

im on the Note 2 - dont have S Health, i tried a version of it found online but it was too glitchy on my phone so uninstalled. what other features of S-Health are good? did you use the other features.

im considering getting a Samsung Gear Fit later this year when I upgrade to the Note 4, thinking they will be a great pair for health & fitness.
I dont know anyone that uses S-Health, what features they use,if its good, and the readings are accurate???
I was using the Fitbit bit was far from accurate & sold it. Have tried pedometer apps, Noom was great but literally killed the battery life on my phone(even though it promised it wouldnt)

I would expect the Note 4 to have at least the same features as the S5 S Health, which is already more advanced than what I have on my Note 3. One of the S5 features that I would use if I had it is a sleep tracker. I have downloaded a few sleep tracker apps and use one every night since I have massive sleep problems but I don't know how the S Health version compares since I don't have an S5. There are other improvements to the app in the S5 too but since I haven't used that version, I can't comment personally.

On the Note 3, the pedometer function uses very minimal battery. I leave it on 24 hours a day, walk typically 10 miles a day and 18 on weekends and it never even shows up on the phone battery stats. In GSAM battery monitor, which shows more detailed battery usage, it is under 1% when using pedometor only. I also can see my steps on my S-View cover. And there is a widget as well. None of these show any battery drain at all.

There are two ways to track walking - pedometor and workout. Since I walk so much and am usually only on battery power all day, I stick to pedometor. It shows steps and mileage and if you input your related profile data it will calculate calories used. It keeps a history of these and you can back it up with Kies or sync to your Samsung account. You can view a step graph by hour, day, month. The graph also shows a different color for how much you have walked up/down hills/steps. That part does not give a specific number but you can just use it to estimate how much of your walk was on hills. I walk a lot of hills so it's useful to me although I wish it gave exact numbers.

The walking workout, on the other hand uses GPS to track your movement. Anything that uses GPS to track constant movement will be a battery drain, so you'd only want to use this for shorter periods of time - not leave it on all day - or if you knew you would be able to plug in your phone or replace your battery when needed. This will show you a map of your walk, distance, speed, duration, calories burned, and heart rate if you have a heart rate monitor.

You can use an ANT+ heart rate monitor (like Garmin, Timex, and others) with the app or use Samsung's own bluetooth HRM. You can use this for walking, running, and cycling workouts. These workouts provide the same info I just noted above. They also allow you to customize your workout for various targets and goals and will provide an audio guide for your workout (this can be turned off if desired). And it allows you to play music through the Samsung Music app at the same time. I've used this for running myself.

I also use the exercise mate to keep track of my weight lifting workouts. There are several preset entries or you can make your own. It very basic. Activity, time, calories burned. There is a notes field where I keep track of reps, etc. And it keeps a history/log of this and you can view a graph here too by hour, day, month.

Things that is has that I don't use myself:
Food tracker - You can keep a log of your meals and calories consumed. Both athletes and dieters could find that useful.
Gear watch connectivity - I don't have one.
Weight scale connectivity - several are listed under the compatible accessory but I don't have one. I'm not sure if it will keep a log of your weight/body mass or it just uses it for the profile info for calorie calculations.
Comfort level - measures environmental temp and humidity but this will be off if you are holding it or it's been against your body, etc.
Xid Netpulse account - I don't have an Xid account but you can sync to it as well.

pinkpoppy

Aug 15, 2014
Visit site

wow, thanks JPR, heaps of info & things to consider.

I know the Gear Fit has an Accelerometer, Gyroscope & Heart Rate Sensor. So il get the benefit of fitness trackers & sleep trackers to go along with the S-Health app features. Think these 2 (Gear Fit + Note 4) will be a dynamite combo. Fingers crossed anyway!
Reviews on it are mixed, but even so, its possible the Note 4 may have better features to get more out of S-Health

shanghaichica

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
I use s health all the time. I use the pedometer and I've got it set up as a widget on my home screen. I also use it to record my heart rate and monitor my weight.

Posted from my S5

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87