Note 4 Samsung's feel cheap & are bloated......

orlanka

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Did I get your attention?

I agree with the title that I gave but I am always intrigued by the Note series. As the 4 nears, I want to know how those with the 2 or 3 feel about their phones today. Do you feel like you like your phone was built to last another year? HTC seems to be lessening the impacts of their software, does TouchWiz feel old or in the way of what you expect to see from Android?

I've yet to see anything about HTC creating something like the One Maxx this year ( last year was a sorry attempt at trying to compete with the Note), so I'm leaning towards the big screen and the S Pen that the Note brings even with that big button up front.

Also, without turning this into a Sammy bashing, are there those who had the Note 2 or 3 and left it behind because it couldn't hold up to the ever changing landscape of Android phones?

Hoping for some honest and genuine responses so thanks in advance.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Re: Samsung's feel cheap & are bloated......

I want a Note 4 so badly right now. I got rid of my Note 3 for an S5 because I felt a smaller device would be better. In reality, I'm missing it so much and have never felt happier with a phone than I did with the Note 2 or 3.

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)

thegame161

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site

My note 3 is in great condition. And feels great in the hand. If it looks the same in the note 4 it won't stop me getting it.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using AC Forums mobile app

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Mine could easily last another year (Note 3). I will be looking at the Note 4 and the Moto X+1.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site

Your thread title got my attention, but I don't feel my prior Note 3 felt cheap, I do regret selling it for a smaller phone because now I miss the size. So I will be happily getting the Note 4. Aluminum is a great addition to the device and IMO, I feel the 5.5" iphone will not be an equally useful device compared to the note. It will just be a smaller ipad or a slightly bigger iphone but not a Note killer. iphone buyers buy what they want, and people who want real choice buy Android devices. We are not limited by the 1 a year product launch we can jump to the next great thing from any OEM at any time or wait a year for the next iteration of our favorite model or honestly be happy with the device we have since it will last for years.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
My note 2 felt solid as did my note 3. I see no reason why it won't last 2 years.

It will depend on price, if I can pick up a note 4 cheap on contract without a data plan (Verizon) then I would get it
If not.... I am not sure.. Might keep the note 3.

Sent from my LG G Pad 8.3

Last edited:

lazerproof

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site

I still have my GS3. It feels and looks cheap, however, it's been the most rugged phone I have ever owned. I dropped it a bunch of times before it developed one crack. Screen is perfect. No dead pixels or white lines going through the screen like can happen on other phones. All hardware still performs flawlessly. By the way, never had it in a case. I held out on buying the GS4 and GS5, The Note 2, and 3, but I think it's time now, for The Note 4. I want the larger screen and the S-Pen.

pinkpoppy

Aug 15, 2014
Visit site

ive had my Note ii since Nov 2012, my plan from the get go was to sign on contract with the Note ii for 2 years & upgrade to the Note 4 this year once released.

I love the Note series, started with the Note ii. I love so many things about it & cant see myself changing to a smaller phone.
I think my phone would last at least 1-2 years more easy. It has a couple dings/scrapes here & there from my accidental abuse but nothing too bad.
I am at the point where im frustrated with the UI & running of it though, but I do have to admit, Im a bit of an 'app fiend' & have A LOT of apps, which no doubt bog the phone down & add to the slowish running of it & things I find annoying - but thats my own doing for millions off apps ya know! Im sure it would run FAR better without them all, but i put up with it, cos I like my apps!
Oh, its completely stock also - no rooting here.

A friend of mine has the Note 3, ive not played with it at all, but holding it, I am glad they upgraded the frame/bezel to a more flat design, makes taking photos & holding it that much nicer, easier.

I will say, before I turned Samsung Fan, I was all about HTC, I had the HTC Desire HD, was a great phone! I felt the design, materials &finish of that phone seemed more upscale compared to the then Samsung Galaxy S3 I think it was, my mum bought the S3 & I helped her set it up & my opinion then was that it was a cheap plastic fantastic phone, and I definately didnt want one!
ohhh hows times changed!
Then when the first note was released, that grabbed my attention, the stylus & productivity features had me written all over it! But I wasnt ready to upgrade &figured the Note ii would be a better option to wait for, be more refined etc after the first model. Glad I eventually made the change.
While I dont hold the same opinion as back then of Samsung, I think Samsung are offering some of the best products out there & pushing innovation.
I do feel they should be changing from the plastic phones a bit, at least in there high end range phones, which they are finally starting to do, Samsung Galaxy Alpha is a good example & I think they will keep offering even better devices.

while samsungs plastic body isnt the best in regards to 'quality' or should I say superior product, the overall package they put forward wins out in the end - thats how I was pulled into the Note ii - style & features, even though I didnt think that much of the plastic body etc. But im over it now, i now better is on the way!

Im manically chomping at the bit to get my grubby little tech fiend hands on a Note 4 - its driving me nuts having to wait. Im a WANT IT RIGHT NOW kinda person, lol!
only 6 or 7 days to go till its announced! hope its everything I want & more!

Zergslayer69

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site

My note 2 and 3 feel solid but yea it is bloated with a bunch of stuff I can't delete without rooting.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site

Bloat is a carrier thing, sure Samsung adds their own apps but apple loads bloat too, weather,compass, stocks, and a few others that are useless, can't be hidden or disabled.

red.foxx15

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site

Only problem i had with my note II was where the app tray button was. I changed to the Google Now launcher and everything is right in the world again. I Dont have any problems with bloatware but I do envy some of the air pen features the Note 3 has. Im looking forward to the Note 4 and hopefully will be able to pick one up ASAP

keyzlife

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Did I get your attention?

I agree with the title that I gave but I am always intrigued by the Note series. As the 4 nears, I want to know how those with the 2 or 3 feel about their phones today. Do you feel like you like your phone was built to last another year? HTC seems to be lessening the impacts of their software, does TouchWiz feel old or in the way of what you expect to see from Android?

I've yet to see anything about HTC creating something like the One Maxx this year ( last year was a sorry attempt at trying to compete with the Note), so I'm leaning towards the big screen and the S Pen that the Note brings even with that big button up front.

Also, without turning this into a Sammy bashing, are there those who had the Note 2 or 3 and left it behind because it couldn't hold up to the ever changing landscape of Android phones?

Hoping for some honest and genuine responses so thanks in advance.
Little background. This is my seventh android phone and my 4th Samsung. Of all the phones I've had, I have to say one of my favorites was my HTC Evo 3D. Considering it is in the ranks of the worst Android phones off all time, I was surprisingly happy with it. My Note® 3 is my 4th Samsung and my favorite thus far. I've had the S3, S4, Note® 3 now and wife has an S5. I don't at all feel like the phones lack premium feel. I have spent a lot of time with the past three iPhones, and I see why people like them, but iOS is just not for me. They do have a premium feel to the hardware but not superior to my note. Just different. I wouldn't want an all glass and metal phone that is almost 6 inches. It would be too heavy. I put my note in my pocket when I workout and I like that it's not too heavy.

I have definitely fallen victim to being a flashaholic. For a while there my phone was loading new roms more than it was on. I have since completed recovery, no pun intended. The Note® 3 is the first phone I've actually used without rooting or flashing anything. It's completely stock! I have about 150 apps installed, and it is just as fast and problem free as the day I bought it. I know there are stories of people with problems with their phones but that comes with all of the manufacturers. Touchwiz isn't the snappiest UI, but its plenty fast enough for me and its a helluva lot faster than iOS 8. I actually like the way it looks and integrates everything. If you want really fast just put a different launcher on and there ya go. I keep nova launcher on just to show people when they want to see how fast the phone can be. I would absolutely buy my phone again and I am looking forward to the Note® 4.

sent from my Samsung GALAXY Note® 3

NoNexus

May 10, 2013
Visit site

Funny. I went into the note 3 looking at nothing but the past and looking forward to flashing. I had to stop about 4 months ago and go back to stock. I did put apex on it, but stock is/would be just fine.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy