Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Rooting Questions

So I plan on getting a Note 4 perhaps. However, I live in an area where the best source of internet is Tether via 4G LTE (USCC) as the only other options are satellite internet, and Im a HUGE gamer who streams, so that wont do.

My question is this: When I root, will I lose a lot of the new awesome features? I plan to stay on their stock ROM and not install Cyanogenmod or any other rom out there. I know you cant really say for sure since it hasnt come out, and a root hasnt even been formed for it yet.

But does anyone know if the S5 looses features upon root? Like Fingerprint scanner, the awesome camera, ect? I really want to keep all the new features, but sadly have to root for my tether.

Default Re: Rooting Questions

Quote Originally Posted by demindar View Post
    So I plan on getting a Note 4 perhaps. However, I live in an area where the best source of internet is Tether via 4G LTE (USCC) as the only other options are satellite internet, and Im a HUGE gamer who streams, so that wont do.

My question is this: When I root, will I lose a lot of the new awesome features? I plan to stay on their stock ROM and not install Cyanogenmod or any other rom out there. I know you cant really say for sure since it hasnt come out, and a root hasnt even been formed for it yet.

But does anyone know if the S5 looses features upon root? Like Fingerprint scanner, the awesome camera, ect? I really want to keep all the new features, but sadly have to root for my tether.
    I think when you root and keep the stock rom, you don't lose any features.

Global Posts
    8,983 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Quote Originally Posted by lazerproof View Post
    I think when you root and keep the stock rom, you don't lose any features.
    That is correct. He'd only lose features if he installed a custom ROM or if he disabled anything.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.4
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Awesome! Thank you guys! I honestly dont want a stock ROM anymore. Thought I would love Cyanogenmod but it has come into a lot of issues, and i lost all my s4 features. Good to know ill be able to keep every feature from keeping stock! Thank you!