- 4 Posts
I have used Straight Talk's BYOP program for a few years now. I just bought a Note on Ebay for AT&T, but I have no service. I thought that since the sim card was compatible with AT&T I would at least have service. Does the phone still need to be unlocked somehow even though the sim card is for AT&T's network? When I put the card in I don't get any errors or network code prompts or anything else I have seen mentioned for locked phones.
- 09-02-2014, 09:03 AM #2
- 2,627 Posts
Re: No Service
Yes you have to get the phone carrier unlocked to use it on any other carrier than AT&T even if that other carrier uses the same signal it is still another carrier. This is primarily to block those that still owe money to the original carrier from having service on the device before resolving the debt.
- 09-02-2014, 11:48 AM #3
- By Ansovald in forum Other Canadian CarriersReplies: 1Last Post: 09-29-2014, 11:19 AM
- By pippydog36 in forum Google Nexus 4Replies: 6Last Post: 09-03-2014, 10:22 PM
- By pippydog36 in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 09-02-2014, 07:44 AM
- By jtc111 in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 1Last Post: 09-01-2014, 02:00 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 0Last Post: 09-01-2014, 12:54 PM