Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Note 4 Underwhelmed after the reveal

Any one else underwhelmed after the reveal? The Note 4 and Edge both had some bright spots but I myself can't justify an upgrade right now after that showing.

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)

Default Re: Underwhelmed after the reveal

Quote Originally Posted by Eclipse2K View Post
    Any one else underwhelmed after the reveal? The Note 4 and Edge both had some bright spots but I myself can't justify an upgrade right now after that showing.

I apologize, I haven't seen the reveal yet. Any highlights? Or everything we knew already?

I don't feel the need to rush out and get it either. But it could be worse, imagine the underwhelming feeling if you were an apple fan. Next week will tell all but doesn't look to impress either.

sent from my Samsung GALAXY Note® 3

It really let me down just like s5 but I need a new phone. I thought they had a 64 bit phone ready or something

Posted via Android Central App

Very underwhelmed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by gohangel View Post
    It really let me down just like s5 but I need a new phone. I thought they had a 64 bit phone ready or something

Posted via Android Central App
    And use a underpowered CPU? Qualcomm only offers the 410 i believe for 64bit CPU's and the errr 810 which i believe is the 64bit for top of the line phones will be coming out early 2015 so the 805 is the best available option for Samsung. Qualcomm stated a Early 2015 release for the 810 so the Galaxy S6 might have it.

Honestly I love this phone. Have to pay off $136 off my Note 3 with T-mobile and have Jump! so might wait the year to upgrade to see what the S6 offers but Probably pay off the $136 so i can Jump! to the Note 4

I love the OIS , 16 MP camera and Ultra power saver mode which is more useful on a phone then my Tab S 10.5 :P

Looks a great update to me
    Owner of- Galaxy Note 3- Galaxy Note Pro 12.2- Galaxy note 8.0- Galaxy Gear 2

coming from an S5 I can imagine this phone doesnt look at that interesting. On my side though, I would be coming from a Note 2. Everything looks amazing lol
    T-Mobile G1-->Motorola Backflip-->Samsung Captivate-->Motorola Atrix-->Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX-->LG Nexus 4-->Samsung Galaxy Note 2-->Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Quote Originally Posted by red.foxx15 View Post
    coming from an S5 I can imagine this phone doest look at that interesting. On my side though, I would be coming from a Note 2. Everything looks amazing lol
    I am coming from a note 3 and the OIS is good enough reason to upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by Closingracer View Post
    I am coming from a note 3 and the OIS is good enough reason to upgrade
    I generally dont use cell phone cameras but this one has me willing to give it a go
    T-Mobile G1-->Motorola Backflip-->Samsung Captivate-->Motorola Atrix-->Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX-->LG Nexus 4-->Samsung Galaxy Note 2-->Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Definitely not. I will be upgrading from my S5.

It's a no brainer for me.

Posted from my S5
    Posted from my iPad mini/Air.

If you have a Note 3 or S5 yes it will be underwhelming. But for those on a S4/S3/Note 2, they have something real nice to buy for themselves this fall/winter (unless someone buys it for them as a gift :-o). Me personally, it looks like the Note 3 refined. It looks pretty, has pretty specs, and has more of the same of the S5 (a very good phone) and then some with the added Note features. I swear to everyone here, if I wasn't anti-phablet I would buy one day one somehow.
    rajnet and anon8380037 like this.

The screen has me interested... And if the camera is better...
    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    GrooveRite likes this.

I have been waiting for a phone on T-Mobile I want to upgrade to and this looks like the one. Unless the moto x+1 or the iPhone 6 really wow me. Not so sure about that Gear S though and I think the Moto 360 is the watch for me

Happy shopping Gents.

Like the metal look
    A895 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by A895 View Post
    If you have a Note 3 or S5 yes it will be underwhelming. But for those on a S4/S3/Note 2, they have something real nice to buy for themselves this fall/winter (unless someone buys it for them as a gift :-o). Me personally, it looks like the Note 3 refined. It looks pretty, has pretty specs, and has more of the same of the S5 (a very good phone) and then some with the added Note features. I swear to everyone here, if I wasn't anti-phablet I would buy one day one somehow.
    I have the note 3 and don't think I am underwhelmed. I am probably going to pay off enough of my EIP to Jump! and get it on launch love the OIS, Screen and new S-pen features. Also Ultra power saver mode is amazing
    Thanked by:
    cboo 
    A895 likes this.

So... When in October for Verizon? Beginning or end of october?

Yeah, it's the S5 with an S-Pen, QHD and OIS. That's it.

Underwhelmed.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamHLG View Post
    So... When in October for Verizon? Beginning or end of october?
    Note 3 in USA was early October with Verizon being last on 10-10

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Thanked by 2:
    A895AdamHLG 

Quote Originally Posted by coolbreeze78 View Post

Underwhelmed.
    OIS is amazing .. Loved it on the Nexus 5 . Should be great with Samsung phones and isn't it a Sony lens as well?

Quote Originally Posted by coolbreeze78 View Post

Underwhelmed.
    It has far more features than the s5 and s pen features are improved. Hence the note

Global Posts
    177 Global Posts

I'm on nexus 5 so would happy with announcement lol will wait to hear from Motorola, Sony and hopefully some nexus news soon so can make a decision

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by nexus89 View Post
    I'm on nexus 5 so would happy with announcement lol will wait to hear from Motorola, Sony and hopefully some nexus news soon so can make a decision

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Google has until they release the note 4 to change my mind lol. I loved the nexus 5 but battery life was sub par Imo. If they show Me something I like might change my mind
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

I guess I'm disappointed Samsung didn't add Qi charging (or wasn't announced) or a much larger battery. Sitting idle while boasting efficiency on a 20mah larger battery isn't my kind of upgrade.

Global Posts
    261 Global Posts

SD 805, 3 Gig of Ram, OIS, QHD !, S Pen finally able to select text (working as a trackpad) and overall better S Pen features. Competitors are now once again having their handsful if they want to beat this beast.

Plus a more premium look - although I don't care because it will be in a case - so unless LG G 3 realeses more info about the Cat 6 or BB comes up with a top specced Bold 99 successor, I'll gladly upgrade what a beast.

Good job Samsung
    Thanked by:
    Ry 
    Ry, A895 and atrain311qes109 like this.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast