Note 4 Speaker placement on back

cellomj

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
Bummer that Samsung moved the speaker to the back of the phone on the Note 4. I actually loved the Note 3 speaker at the bottom of the phone so you could hear it well when placed screen up on a flat surface. It just needed to be a little louder. I'm sure it had to do with space etc. but it seems like a step backward in terms of functionality.

Of course front facing would be nice, but absent that is anyone else disappointed with the new speaker placement?

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Re: Speaker placement on back

Yes. Now that you pointed it out. I have only had a few minutes to see the photos and specs on AC.
Add a 2nd one on the other top end with improvements and I would have been happier. I use my Note 3 50% of the time on a table or desk.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site

I think a lot of case makers are screaming bloody blue murder about now.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro

xxx420

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site

This, along with no water proofing and an October release date are the biggest disappointments for me. I've only had one phone with the speaker in the back and I hated it.

Posted via Android Central App

Jalopiejoe

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site

I hate the speaker on the back! No water resistance!
I haven't seen anything about a finger print sensor?
I don't see any reason not to keep my Note 3.
The speaker placement really kills it for me!

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

I hate the speaker on the back! No water resistance!
I haven't seen anything about a finger print sensor?
I don't see any reason not to keep my Note 3.
The speaker placement really kills it for me!

It has a fingerprint scanner... They just didn't brag about it :).

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site

I was bummed, the leaks showed a nice speaker on the bottom, but they must have had to scrap it due to cost or design issues. Think how much work HTC has to do to get their FFS in place its neither cheap nor easy.

Formerly Known As

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site

I suspect that the metal band so many people wanted forced the speaker from the bottom edge to the back....
Or not.

Posted via Android Central App

little09

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site

Front facing speakers alike first htc one debuted. Can samsung galaxy note 4 change the speakers placement?

Posted via LG G3 Sprint

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site

The metal framing is nice, but was that also the reason behind ditching USB 3.0 so quickly. Seriously now we need a "special" USB 2.0 cable for rapid charging that they will "charge" you $29.99 for like another company well known for overcharging on their cables. The only difference is good luck actually finding it on Samsung USA's site since they never seemed to have anything in a timely fashion including the phones.

kinglunatic87

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
For the people who say the note 3 speakers arnt loud enough..

There's a way to really make the note louder if your rooted. Really any android device louder... The phone comes at 81/100, there's a way to enable 100/100 volume loudness. Mines is at 94/100 and man... I love it. Let me know if u want the info. Very very easy steps. Far as the placement of the speakers... I don't like the bottom mounted speakers.. I cover them with my hands to much. I want from facing speakers... Makes the most sense

Posted via the Android Central App

shanghaichica

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site

I'm sure the speakers are amazing on the HTC one but I don't want speakers taking up the whole of my screen. I have a Bluetooth speaker and various pairs of headphones. So it really doesn't matter to me how loud the speakers are.

Posted from my S5

Deke218

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site

The Note 2 had the speaker on the back and it was pretty loud. Once I rooted and added Viper4Android, it was even better. Non issue for me.

Yathani

May 21, 2013
Visit site

The Note 2 had the speaker on the back and it was pretty loud. Once I rooted and added Viper4Android, it was even better. Non issue for me.

I agree. When i got my note 3 I compared it to my s4 while looking at the screen, the S4 still louder and better. If you uncover the note 3, you will see a small piece that cover the read speaker and divert the sound to the side.