Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default So the note 4 edge will have less screen estate?

I was reading over the write up on the note 4 edge on engadget and I don't know if it's a typo or not but they mentioned the screen is 5.6 inches, maybe it's because of the curve that the measurement is smaller?

Anyways the main point of this thread is that, if you're still using the original 5.7 screen and sectioning a portion off for the curved area, aren't you technically losing screen estate? So in games and movies you have a "perma status bar" up there. So I'm assuming. But even if it goes away in full screen apps, I imagine playing games and watching movies with the top/bottom portion bent off would be kind of weird. Wouldn't mind if they made this phone wider to compensate for the curved edge though.

Edit: Looks like it's just bad coverage on engadget's part. Read over the androidcentral version of the edge coverage and sounds like the main flat screen portion is indeed 5.6 inches but still retains the same res as the regular note 4, but with an additional 160 pixels on top of the 1440. Which means the edge would be wider than the regular note 4, which should also mean it probably won't fit the VR headset? Looking at videos that VR slot for the phone seems really snug.