Galaxy Note 4 : So when can we expect full reviews?

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
When will they be given to the big sites, including AC.

Will the US have to wait longer than factory unlocked international versions before they can be reviewed - as they are mostly carrier versions?

How many days to do an in depth review with performance results?

(I wasn't waiting for the Note 3 last year, I hadn't heard of it.)

All that stuff!

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: So when can we expect full reviews?

Not sure... Phil would have to answer this one for us :D.

Carrtman

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site

I would hope the more famous reviewers got some devices today so I would expect the first full reviews around ~ 12 of september. The more features a phone has the longer it takes them so I guess something along the lines of 4 - 6 days of testing should be a good period of time to get a feeling for the phone.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

Given the track history here at AC I wouldn't expect to see a solid full blown review from the editorial team until they have had it in their hands for at least a week. Phil has said on many occasions that he's not one to put out a review with only a 24 or 48 hour test drive of any device.

I'm sure history will repeat itself here and that's fine with me :)

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site

Given the track history here at AC I wouldn't expect to see a solid full blown review from the editorial team until they have had it in their hands for at least a week. Phil has said on many occasions that he's not one to put out a review with only a 24 or 48 hour test drive of any device.

I'm sure history will repeat itself here and that's fine with me :)

That's sensible. I wouldn't urge any to rush out a review just to get there first.
I can wait. It won't be on sale for a while later anyway. Just something to look forward to next. :)

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site

Which is why their reviews are credible compared to the fanboy crap that gets generated for the anointed apple writers and tech hacks.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
They should be added most days. Guessing full ones after a week

Of course it all depends on when they drop some review units to the various editorial teams. Sometimes there is unforeseen delays.

Posted via Android Central App

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Curious if they would have done a long full production run already. To supply the events and the media, and to stockpile enough for worldwide launch dates next month.
They would also ship a specific stock factory version to Verizon, for example, early enough for the carrier to work on for their own launch days.
I think that's how it works. So to answer myself - yes?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

Baby_Doc

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
The sooner the reviewers get their hands on this phone, the better.
I, like many others, was disappointed with the unveiling. Hopefully, there are more improvements than have been there mentioned. Perhaps it is waterproof. Perhaps the antenna and reception of calls, WiFi, and the GPS are better. Maybe the low light camera performance of the rear camera is improved like mentioned for the front camera.

The new IPhone will probably be in the stores before the Note 4. With its larger screen it may compete with the Note. If we are going to hold out for the Note 4, a fantastic review might help people decide to wait or not.

Posted via Android Central App