How many will be upgrading from the Note 3 to the Note 4?

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Re: How many will be upgrading from the note 3 to the note 4?

I don't think so. When the signal strength is 4 bars, a rarity for me, I get and retain 4G. But the sensitivity of the Note 3 seems to be lacking often enough that in a weaker signal location, it can't receive well enough in order to maintain or get 4G. For me the proof that is a phone issue is when my wife's old HTC Rezound reports a stronger signal and can maintain 4G better than my Note 3 in the same location with the same carrier.

Posted via Android Central App

I've also found this to be true with the N3. The radio in my previous S3 seemed much stronger, and I was able to pick up good signal everywhere. I noticed on the first day I got my N3 that the signal was significantly weaker in the very same locations. I'm hoping the radio is stronger on the N4. Additionally, for whatever reason, Sprint just can't get their towers in Chicago straightened out, especially the two closest to my home. They seem to be having all kinds of problems getting their 4G LTE network right. My reception has been in and out, mostly out, for the past week and a half. I was told that they're working on the towers and there should be even better (than what?) reception in the next couple of days. Regardless, I'll be upgrading to the N4...the question is whether I remain with Sprint or switch to TMO.

rivencap

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
👐 Me!

I will be upgrading from the Note 3 to Note 4. At first, I was a little disappointed at the specs. Let's face it thou, there won't be huge jump for another year or two when there is a huge technology improvement on a chip or something else. Besides making the Note 4 waterproof and this 2.0 vs 3.0 charging and chip inside, Samsung did good. When I finally was able to read and watch a bunch of articles and videos, Samsung focused on the sPen & multi window. As a heavy user of these, I'm psyched to get my hands on the new beast. Then the camera is a big plus. This time around, it was a lot of little upgrades on the main benfits of the Note. To make it stronger & better...

Yk Chin

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
I personally have always used a USB 3.0 sd card reader that's plugs into computer USB slot for photos/video transfers....they can be purchased for minimal $. Yes, its a small pain to remove SD card from phone especially if you have an otterbox, but you'll still be able to download at 3.0 speeds.

Yeah, that's another option I'll follow but it's ain't small pain. Removing the outer case then remove the phone case then remove the memory card... Aah it's a major pain! :-(

Posted via the Android Central App

sandyb

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
YES...Just pre-ordered NOTE 4 on Verizon. Counting the days..2 week old note 3 for sale..Ha...

Posted via the Android Central App

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
I went from Note II to Note 3 last year. Note 3 was the first ever phone that I did not root.

I am jumping to Note 4 again, even thought I did contemplate going for a G3. Already pre-ordered it on Verizon. I am kinda bummed that the shipping date is 10/23/14 (according to the verizon website order status check)

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I went from Note II to Note 3 last year. Note 3 was the first ever phone that I did not root.

I am jumping to Note 4 again, even thought I did contemplate going for a G3. Already pre-ordered it on Verizon. I am kinda bummed that the shipping date is 10/23/14 (according to the verizon website order status check)

I didn't root my Note 3, either.
Don't stress about the 10/23 ship date. That could change at any time without notice.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I rooted my Note 3 and best thing I ever done. Hope it'll be easy to root the note 4

sent from my Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk

sqa4life

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Hi all
Please help me make the decision.

I've been using the note series 1-3 and love everything about it. My note 3 is still in like new condition.
However, I don't use the s-pen too often but I bring my phone to the gym almost daily.
I was thinking of waiting for the S6 because it will be waterproof that I can take it into the sauna.
At the moment, the $200 trade-in is too good to pass on the note 4. Am I too greedy? :)

What would you do if you were in my situation?

Thanks

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
Hi all
Please help me make the decision.

I've been using the note series 1-3 and love everything about it. My note 3 is still in like new condition.
However, I don't use the s-pen too often but I bring my phone to the gym almost daily.
I was thinking of waiting for the S6 because it will be waterproof that I can take it into the sauna.
At the moment, the $200 trade-in is too good to pass on the note 4. Am I too greedy? :)

What would you do if you were in my situation?

Thanks

I had made my mind up about the upgrade even before I heard about the trade-in. Now I am trying to decide whether I should trade in or try to sell it on ebay or craigslist. My Note 3 is in pristine condition as well.

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
I had made my mind up about the upgrade even before I heard about the trade-in. Now I am trying to decide whether I should trade in or try to sell it on ebay or craigslist. My Note 3 is in pristine condition as well.

I would sell that. I'm selling my HTC One and buying a cheap S2 to trade in...hehe

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
What's the best way to sell it. EBay?

Want to sell my Note 3 with all the cases I got for it.

livetoride4666

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

Ebay or Swappa. I actually would go on Swappa. The last few times I sold a few phone threw eBay all three fell through.

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site

That's what I do every time. Granted those seller fees a month later suck but I'd rather not have to meet someone. And eBay has a larger customer base IMO.

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
I sold all my old gadget on ebay. If your note 3 is in pristine condition, definitely sell for $300.

Remember ebay and paypal charge 12% together.

brucedbr

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
Never heard of Swappa, but I've sold on Ebay nearly every time and I've always had good luck. Start the auction at the absolute lowest you'd accept for it, like...maybe $150. I guarantee you it will go higher, but start somewhere that will get someone's attention.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol