Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 65
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Is the Snapdragon in the Note 4 64-bit?

    Is the snapdragon 805 in Note 4 64 bit processor or is it just the exynos version

    Posted via the Android Central App
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Is the snapdragon note 4 64 bit

    I would love to know as well. There is no reason not to get the exynos since the 64bit will be supported by andriod L.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Note 3 SM-N9005
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Is the snapdragon note 4 64 bit

    The Snapdragon 805 is 32 bit. It is the last 32 bit CPU manufactured by Qualcomm. The Snapdragon 808 & 810 are 64 bit and will arrive at some point next year Q2.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Is the snapdragon note 4 64 bit

    Based on what the responses are, the exynos 5433 is 64 bit? Not only that, even though the exynos has lower clock speeds the benchmarks show that the exynos is in the lead over the snapdragon in a bunch of tests.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Is the snapdragon note 4 64 bit

    Quote Originally Posted by Zergslayer69 View Post
    Based on what the responses are, the exynos 5433 is 64 bit? Not only that, even though the exynos has lower clock speeds the benchmarks show that the exynos is in the lead over the snapdragon in a bunch of tests.
    Antutu showed better numbers on the Octo-Core Vs the Quad-Core not by much though.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default Re: Is the snapdragon note 4 64 bit

    Snapdragon 805 has more features built in doesn't it, saw a video Showcasing the features

    Posted via the Android Central App
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Is the snapdragon note 4 64 bit

    Quote Originally Posted by Zergslayer69 View Post
    Based on what the responses are, the exynos 5433 is 64 bit? Not only that, even though the exynos has lower clock speeds the benchmarks show that the exynos is in the lead over the snapdragon in a bunch of tests.
    Exynos 5433-powered Samsung Galaxy Note 4 benchmarked - GSMArena.com news
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Is the snapdragon note 4 64 bit

    Agreed it's dumb to give 2 versions when one is obviously quite a bit better and to have a 32 bit processor when the next update within the next couple months will be 64 bit.
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Is the snapdragon note 4 64 bit

    Talk about getting no updates they will say it can't handle the updates since it's not 64 bit.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Is the snapdragon note 4 64 bit

    Qualcomm is announcing a new 64bit processor soon but until the Android OS supports 64bit what does it matter.
    Just ordered a Nexus 6 64GB Midnight Blue + Moto360 Silver/Silver today.

    In 2 days (Nexus 6 arrives Friday from China) my iPhone 6 Plus will be up for sale with (3) Cases + Extra Tempered Glass Screen Protector.
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Is the snapdragon note 4 64-bit?

    Virtually all of the Android phones released this year are not 64 bit, therefore they will be supported in the future. Google isn't going to abandon all of the phones released thus far this year.

    Posted from my S5
    Live Long and Prosper!
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Is the snapdragon note 4 64-bit?

    You say it's dumb and it may be. However is it fair to say that maybe there are production (supply/demand) limitations or licensing limitations for specific markets or existing contracts in play in certain markets that may be driving these decisions?
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Is the snapdragon note 4 64-bit?

    Android Os will support 64 bit within the next month or 2. And it won't be Google who doesn't support the updates it will be the phone manufacturer. And I'm guessing the big discount Qualcomm gave Samsung played the biggest part.
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Is the snapdragon note 4 64-bit?

    I'm very disappointed the USA (Snapdragon) version isn't 64 bit with Android L just around the corner. I'm guessing the long lead time vs. the introduction timing is the reason but that doesn't explain the HTC midline model just introduced that does support 64 bit. Very disappointing for Samsung's top of the line phone to not be available with 64 bit in the US.
    Ntchwaidumela likes this.
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Is the snapdragon note 4 64-bit?

    Damn I shouldn't have watched the SD 810 videos, specs I'm still impressed with the Note 4 but boy oh boy Qualcomm is going to release an absolute beast soon.

    4k screen, 4gb + ram, 20mm that's some serious power in a phone. Hopefully Samsung releases the 64 bit CPU one here.
  16. #16  

    Default Re: Is the snapdragon note 4 64-bit?

    I think the problem with the 64 bit Exynos chip used in the non US version is it is not compatible with 4G/LTE which is why we're getting the Snapdragon version. I'm guessing Samsung will not upgrade the US version Note 4 to the 64 bit Snapdragon chip but instead wait for the Note 5 to release it.
    Thanked by:
  17. #17  

    Default Re: Is the snapdragon note 4 64-bit?

    Quote Originally Posted by mty msi View Post
    I think the problem with the 64 bit Exynos chip used in the non US version is it is not compatible with 4G/LTE which is why we're getting the Snapdragon version. I'm guessing Samsung will not upgrade the US version Note 4 to the 64 bit Snapdragon chip but instead wait for the Note 5 to release it.
    Or Maybe they will release Note 4 Prime with 64bit SD810 after couple months. Have you seen S5 and S5 prime ?!
  18. #18  

    Default Re: Is the snapdragon note 4 64-bit?

    Quote Originally Posted by Yathani View Post
    Or Maybe they will release Note 4 Prime with 64bit SD810 after couple months. Have you seen S5 and S5 prime ?!
    Well sadly these prime devices aren't available outside of korea for whatever reason. I mean LG has the G 3 cat.6 (/beast), same goes for Samsung and their Prime modell (it has QHD, SD 805, 3 gig ..) I pretty sure we are going to see a SD 810 Note 4 in Korea soon.
  19. #19  

    Default Re: Is the snapdragon note 4 64 bit

    Quote Originally Posted by ace0187420@yahoo.com View Post
    Talk about getting no updates they will say it can't handle the updates since it's not 64 bit.
    Android L runs just fine on 32 bit processors. It's ALREADY running on 32 bit processors in the Nexus 5 and 7.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

    LG G3 on Sprint. [Stumped and Bumped, Debloated, Startup apps managed, Trickster, Nova Prime, Swiftkey, G3 Tweakbox]--> Runs smooth as silk, now.
  20. #20  

    Default Re: Is the snapdragon note 4 64-bit?

    Quote Originally Posted by mty msi View Post
    I'm very disappointed the USA (Snapdragon) version isn't 64 bit with Android L just around the corner. I'm guessing the long lead time vs. the introduction timing is the reason but that doesn't explain the HTC midline model just introduced that does support 64 bit. Very disappointing for Samsung's top of the line phone to not be available with 64 bit in the US.
    That's because the mid-line chip is already available. The 808 and 810 aren't actually shipping yet. It would be hard for Samsung to sell a phone with a chip that doesn't exist.

    Quote Originally Posted by ace0187420@yahoo.com View Post
    Android Os will support 64 bit within the next month or 2. And it won't be Google who doesn't support the updates it will be the phone manufacturer. And I'm guessing the big discount Qualcomm gave Samsung played the biggest part.
    See above.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

    LG G3 on Sprint. [Stumped and Bumped, Debloated, Startup apps managed, Trickster, Nova Prime, Swiftkey, G3 Tweakbox]--> Runs smooth as silk, now.
  21. #21  

    Default Re: Is the snapdragon note 4 64-bit?

    Does anyone know whether in the UK we will be getting the Exynos or the Snapdragon?

    I read a post at trustedreviews and they seem to believe the UK will be getting the Snapdragon, although I have been unable to find ANY evidence to support this.
  22. #22  

    Default Re: Is the snapdragon note 4 64-bit?

    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    Android L runs just fine on 32 bit processors. It's ALREADY running on 32 bit processors in the Nexus 5 and 7.
    The Android L*Developer Preview*will provide developers with 32-bit system images to flash on the Nexus devices, with an additional emulator for 64-bit system images.
  23. #23  

    Default Re: Is the snapdragon note 4 64-bit?

    Quote Originally Posted by l3uddz View Post
    Does anyone know whether in the UK we will be getting the Exynos or the Snapdragon?

    I read a post at trustedreviews and they seem to believe the UK will be getting the Snapdragon, although I have been unable to find ANY evidence to support this.
    We always get the Snapdragon version. So I'd imagine it will be the same this time

    Posted from my S5
    Live Long and Prosper!
  24. #24  

    Default

    I thought that the European version was using the exynos chip?

    http://www.pcpro.co.uk/reviews/smart...-galaxy-note-4

    Also on many other sources. They have managed to get a cat6 lte antenna on it.

    Posted via Android Central App
  25. #25  

    Default Re: Is the snapdragon note 4 64-bit?

    Quote Originally Posted by Manky Boy View Post
    I thought that the European version was using the exynos chip?

    http://www.pcpro.co.uk/reviews/smart...-galaxy-note-4

    Also on many other sources. They have managed to get a cat6 lte antenna on it.

    Posted via Android Central App
    That's interesting. For all the previous samsung flagships we've always had the Snapdragon version.

    Posted from my S5
    Live Long and Prosper!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. What is the best way to back up your smartphone?
    By Oluwadare Oyadiji in forum Android Apps
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 09-19-2014, 03:27 PM
  2. Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Impressions! (Specs & features)
    By TechTube14 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-05-2014, 12:54 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-04-2014, 05:16 PM
  4. Note 4 wallpaper HERE!
    By Yathani in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-04-2014, 03:56 PM
  5. The red light stopped coming on when charging my Galaxy s3
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-04-2014, 02:29 PM

Posting Permissions