Note 4 isn't water resistant. Disappointed?

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Many folks (including me) love the water resistant capabilities of the GS5 and were probably thinking to get the Note 4.

Will the rest of the upgrades to the new phone be enough for you to get it?

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Don't care that much. In 30+ years of using pagers, Palm Pilots, cell phones and smartphones, I've never damaged one with water. It would be a plus, but I won't choose a phone based on it. Especially given how often the usb socket cover on the S5 seems to break.

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Not in the least. Like another person said I've had several phones and only dropped one in water(one of those old Nokia's with white background lights lol) and it still worked. Idk what ppl are looking to do with these phones. Take shower selfies? Go swimming? You got me there...

Posted via Android Central App

shanghaichica

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
I can live without it. I'm more interested in removable batteries, SD card expansion and the fingerprint scanner. I have the S5 and whilst it's nice to know that it's water resistant I have insurance for that kind of thing so when I get the note 4 I wouldn't be screwed if it got wet.

Posted from my S5

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
I sorta agree with that, but still....water resistance is a nice safety feature. It's hard to see why the tech goes BACKWARDS and a valuable feature is eliminated.

It's not even about the money. Or not JUST about the money. If you're on vacation and it is water damaged, you're screwed until you get home. Plus, the time setting up a new one. Etc.

Probably won't affect my buying decision, but on a device with, say, a $750 sticker price, would be nice to have and hard to understand why it is not there.

YahyaRivero

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I believe it is. The recent post by Android Central sizing up the iPhone 6 with other Android has a chart that says so. Look at it if you like.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Maybe it has something to do with the metal band. The galaxy Alpha is not dust and waterproof either. Since its not technically unibody, maybe they cannot waterproof it. Just a thought.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm not. I've never damaged a phone due to water. I keep my phone away from the pool so I can't accidentally drop it in :).

jayspadaro

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
THE NOTE 4 IS WATERPROOF!!!!!!!!! I talked to a high up rep for Samsung yesterday in person and he said that the NOTE 4is waterproof!!! He said that he has seen it in person himself and it didn't phase the phone being underwater for several minutes. I think Samsung doesn't want to advertise that is so they are not responsible for any of the Note 4's that do leak.

21stNow

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
I'm glad that it isn't waterproof/resistant. It's unnecessary for my lifestyle.

Edited to add: I don't want the extra rubber seals and the charger door (especially!) on my phone because they get in my way, offer no added benefit and provide more things that can fail/break/come off over time..

Willn

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
As other have said, I too have dropped my older phones in water (long enough to react and grab it) and after carefully disassembling them and air drying them I have managed to get them all to work again. If a new one were to not work again in the future I would simply claim it on insurance and have a new one the next day for about $100 deductible.

I would however be more concerned about a waterproofed phone overheating on a regular basis due to lack of venting.:eek:

shawtylo1940

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Nope. I have gs4 active and no need for WR on my phone, it just sounds good. Never dropped a phone in water over the yrs anyway.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
THE NOTE 4 IS WATERPROOF!!!!!!!!! I talked to a high up rep for Samsung yesterday in person and he said that the NOTE 4is waterproof!!! He said that he has seen it in person himself and it didn't phase the phone being underwater for several minutes. I think Samsung doesn't want to advertise that is so they are not responsible for any of the Note 4's that do leak.
Lol? And I just won the lottery ;)

It isn't

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC