Note 4 a good two year phone?

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
Of course, the Nexus X that's floating around everywhere also has a 32-bit processor in it. As does every other phone worth considering between now and Christmas.

Jerry - are you 100% sure about this? see below -

Google Nexus 6 (Nexus X) rumours, release date and everything you need to know
By Luke Edwards Follow on Twitter
8 September 2014

Performance

Both the AnTuTu leak and the India shipping document show the phone packing the latest Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 processor. This is expected to be a 64-bit version of the processor which will work with the latest Android L OS that's also expected to be the first generation of 64-bit enabled software from Android.

The AnTuTu leak shows the Nexus X with 3GB of RAM but there have also been murmurs of 4GB. If Google wants to make this latest Nexus one of the best phones on the market, which that screen appears to be aiming at, then it may need that extra RAM.

Google Nexus 6 (Nexus X) rumours, release date and everything you need to know - Pocket-lint

Yogi217

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
What about 64 bit enhancing multiwindow and spen functionality? Or taking TouchWiz to new heights in another year?

Would they be such big leaps over those running 32bit like note 4?

Since it's hard to predict what the future holds, have we seen this type of progression before? Something to compare what this jump will be like?

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
What about 64 bit enhancing multiwindow and spen functionality? Or taking TouchWiz to new heights in another year?

Would they be such big leaps over those running 32bit like note 4?

Since it's hard to predict what the future holds, have we seen this type of progression before? Something to compare what this jump will be like?

Highly doubt it, 64 bit is not a magic wand. For comparison, check 64 bit pc. Android will benefit even less, as no android app is ever as demanding as some major pc softwares.

Posted via the Android Central App

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Jerry - are you 100% sure about this? see below -

Google Nexus 6 (Nexus X) rumours, release date and everything you need to know
By Luke Edwards Follow on Twitter
8 September 2014

Performance

Both the AnTuTu leak and the India shipping document show the phone packing the latest Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 processor. This is expected to be a 64-bit version of the processor which will work with the latest Android L OS that's also expected to be the first generation of 64-bit enabled software from Android.

The AnTuTu leak shows the Nexus X with 3GB of RAM but there have also been murmurs of 4GB. If Google wants to make this latest Nexus one of the best phones on the market, which that screen appears to be aiming at, then it may need that extra RAM.

Google Nexus 6 (Nexus X) rumours, release date and everything you need to know - Pocket-lint

Yes. The Snapdragon 805 is ARMv7 and 32-bit. That doesn't mean it's bad, but it's not future proof.

https://www.qualcomm.com/media/documents/files/snapdragon-805-processor-product-brief.pdf

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site

Yogi217

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, what gives
cc4596f0dc371802a1af07615ae586f9.jpg

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
ahh, contract is so foreign to me since my migration to TMo. oh well.

Tmobile offers the device payment plan, which is a contract (though not a traditional service contract). As with any carrier, you can forgo contracts by byod.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Guys, next year or two is not that much a future, and the fake importance of 64 bit cpu on amobile phone needs to stop.

Toms has preliminary bench of iPhone 6, the cpu doesn't do that much better than previous gen, 5 to 15 percentage improvement, far less than 50 percent claimed.

@T-Mobile GN3

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Guys, next year or two is not that much a future, and the fake importance of 64 bit cpu on amobile phone needs to stop.

Toms has preliminary bench of iPhone 6, the cpu doesn't do that much better than previous gen, 5 to 15 percentage improvement, far less than 50 percent claimed.

@T-Mobile GN3

I would like for someone to really explain how the 64 bit CPU is going to benefit users. Again, I have the iPhone 5S that has a 64 bit processor and I really don't see a big performance boost over the iPhone 5.

Sent from my iPad Air. Best tablet on the planet.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Also the 805 is 28nm. The 810 and other new chips will be 20nm.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
A good run down of the 32-bit vs 64-bit benefits and the reason why the Note 4 does not have 64-bit.
http://www.trustedreviews.com/opinions/why-being-non-64-bit-kills-the-galaxy-note-4-s-futureproofing

From the article -
" It won’t just be the Galaxy S6 that’ll be looking down at the Note 4. It’ll be pretty much every new phone.

So why doesn’t the Galaxy Note 4 have a 64-bit CPU? It’s a case of timing. "
The author of this article does not seem to have a grasp of the content.

Apple lover?

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
The 810 is a big jump up. The S6 could be the first mass device with it. I have had my S4 32gb since launch and is fine. That is unless in a weak signal area and then the radio drains the battery at ludicrous speed.

fredwardnelson

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site

@T-Mobile GN3

I agree. Everyone knows people on here upgrade their phones all the time, they act like they aren't going to get a new phone in the next year or two anyway.