A Little Confused About Verizon Plan for Note 4

bspill

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm thinking of buying the N4 outright from Verizon, but, when I go to their website, it says that the monthly charge on the MORE plan is $40. Since I wouldn't be financing it, I would think the monthly charge would be less. I called Verizon and they appeared to be even more confused than me. Has anyone who paid unsubsidized price on a standard plan been charged the full $40 monthly charge?

Posted via Android Central App

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Re: A Little Confused About Verizon Plan

Is vzw your only viable choice in term of coverage?

Posted via the Android Central App

jweimn

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

I'm thinking of buying the N4 outright from Verizon, but, when I go to their website, it says that the monthly charge on the MORE plan is $40. Since I wouldn't be financing it, I would think the monthly charge would be less. I called Verizon and they appeared to be even more confused than me. Has anyone who paid unsubsidized price on a standard plan been charged the full $40 monthly charge?

Call them and process it over the phone, as far as the discount on the $40 charge yes it will be lower but the way it works is Verizon still charges you 40 but a bill credit is automatically applied bringing it down to the discounted price.

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site

That's why I left Verizon for AT&T. I get a $15 discount off the line fee for buying my Note 3 full price. If you bring your own device, you get that discount. I'm on the month to month mobile share plan unlimited talk, text, and 2gb data and pay $65 month plus taxes. I got tired of how much I was paying on Verizon, so when contract was up in August, I left and am not looking back.

Willn

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
The 40 bucks is to start another line, if your just looking to replace an old phone on an existing line you have to use the uprgrade option. It will ask if you want 2yr contract, edge, or full price. You chose full price and then it will ask you to pick an insurance option. After that it will review your old plan and ask if you would like to make any changes, then just check out. It wil keep your original plan and sell you a new phone at full price. I was confused a little aswell but eventually i figured it out and was able to preorder my note 4 without loosing my precious unlimited data. ;)

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site

The average price for a Verizon smartphone service is $103.00 a month.

Where did this come from? I have a family plan with 10 gig data and 5 phones (4 of them have insurance) and the monthly cost, including all taxes, is $315. That comes to an average of $63 per phone per month.

Mr. Toad

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site

You should be able to get the same discount as edge. $15 off for less then 10 GB of data. $25 for over that amount. I believe you have to be out of contract to get that discount.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...everything-savings-coming.html&token=3e_kpmMv

Last edited:

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site

Willn

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
^^ The average bill costs and the average single line costs are 2 different things. The majority of wireless customers only hold 1 single line, most of the carriers have been trying to change this with there sharable plans to make customers less likely to leave them. The more number of lines you sign on increases the overall bill, but the cost per line generally goes down. Ive personally been paying only $92 for a single line for 4+ yrs with verizon.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

The average price for a Verizon smartphone service is $103.00 a month.

surely your family plan is not representative of the whole vzw business picture.

here is more updated data

View attachment 137860

Average Monthly Bill Report: Verizon Most Expensive, T-Mobile Cheapest | Androidheadlines.com

I think different things are being said. Fell said that the average price for a Verizon smartphone service is $100 . this seems high. Now per account, mixing individual and family, I would believe the $148 number. And imo, paying less than 4% more to move from Sprint to Verizon is a no brainer.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site

I think different things are being said. Fell said that the average price for a Verizon smartphone service is $100 . this seems high. Now per account, mixing individual and family, I would believe the $148 number. And imo, paying less than 4% more to move from Sprint to Verizon is a no brainer.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

lol, we all know how sprint is doing..... which is dying. Should really compare to ATT and TMobile.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site

Where did this come from? I have a family plan with 10 gig data and 5 phones (4 of them have insurance) and the monthly cost, including all taxes, is $315. That comes to an average of $63 per phone per month.

Wow, that's really expensive. I have the same plan (data-wise, but only three phones) on AT&T and pay $142 after taxes and everything. I could add two more lines and still be $100 or more cheaper than your Verizon plan. Granted, I don't have insurance on any phone. But still, that seems REALLY high.

Willn

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site

At&t is definitely the better value for a new customer. But that $25 difference is the subsidy that verizon has been very stingy about. At&t has stopped charging subsidies for anyone not on 2yr contract, and verizon should do the same but just haven't. I personaly would drop verizon for at&t if i wasnt grandfathered into unlimited data. I would then be able to bundle my cable, home Internet and wireless all in to 1 bill. But the deals just haven't been enticing enough to come off unlimited.

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site

At&t is definitely the better value for a new customer. But that $25 difference is the subsidy that verizon has been very stingy about. At&t has stopped charging subsidies for anyone not on 2yr contract, and verizon should do the same but just haven't. I personaly would drop verizon for at&t if i wasnt grandfathered into unlimited data. I would then be able to bundle my cable, home Internet and wireless all in to 1 bill. But the deals just haven't been enticing enough to come off unlimited.

I heard all people will have to switch to newer data plans before long...

Willn

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site

Well they cant legally take it away as long as you dont sign a new contract. They have tried for a couple years now to make it less desirable, but for 20% of there customers who still have it they obviously will need to come up with a better sales approach.

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site

Why would you want to pay the full price for the Note? It will not be worth anything in about 6 months. If you do the Edge program, you will get a line discount which will offset the payment required on the Edge. The line discount will range from 10-25 per line.