I CAN wait for the Note 4. What about you?

Baby_Doc

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
I have been amazed by people who can't seem to wait for the Note 4, that they will pre-order now without waiting to either handle one first, or see what reviewers and other first purchasers say.

I, for one, don't have to be the first kid on the block to own one. I'd rather let others first report the inevitable early bugs or production issues that surface with all of these hyped new products. I'd rather have an actual new phone in my hand, along side my Note 3, before I decide to upgrade.

I CAN wait. Can you?

Posted via Android Central App

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
TOTALLY. Especially since I wasn't mind-blown by the device's reveal. But I'm usually one to buy something until I've actually tested it.

Of course, if you're in the US, you get the advantage of return periods for a full refund. That way, you can preorder, own it for 15 to 30 days (depending on where you buy) and then decide if it's the right thing for you.

But I would definitely NOT lose hours of my life standing in line for a device. My time is also money, and that also counts against the price you end up paying (can't believe some people will actually neglect their jobs to stand in line for an iPhone... how are you gonna pay for the darn, overpriced thing then, dummy??!!).

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
I personally don't have to test any Samsung phone before owning. I have had the S2, S3, Note 1, 3 and now 4. I decided to change and get the HTC One. While I like it I am ready to go back to my tried and true. I had this phone rooted and have had many problems. I'm not worried too much about bugs. Nothing can be worse than the AT&T debacle I just dealt with (couldn't make our receive calls or texts or get on internet anywhere in town except the south side). I have preordered to avoid stupid salesmen and to achieve elite status on Best Buy :) oh and patience is a virtue...that I do not possess.

Last edited:

hbrocks

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Can't wait.....
trading up from a note 2.
Hope I do a better job carrying over all my old apps and data than last time.
Here's to Oct 17.....14th?
When the hell is this thing suppose to get here?

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
If you already have a Samsung phone, it's not a giant leap to assume that the Note 4 will be an upgrade. It's like people who have a car they love and trade it in for a new model when it comes out. I think the bigger jump was for all of those people who bought the iPhone 6 plus sight unseen. To me, that is almost a different phone.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Baby_Doc

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
If you already have a Samsung phone, it's not a giant leap to assume that the Note 4 will be an upgrade. It's like people who have a car they love and trade it in for a new model when it comes out. I think the bigger jump was for all of those people who bought the iPhone 6 plus sight unseen. To me, that is almost a different phone.

Yes, some people trade in their car every year. However, since car models frequently have 4 year cycles where minimal improvements are made on the years between the major model changeovers, more people will probably wait for the major model change, rather than trade in every year. Because I don't think this year's Note 4 is a major model change for the Note series, I am certainly inclined to wait.

(On the contrary with Apple
some would argue that for the IPhone, the IPhone 6 plus was a major change since heretofore, Apple never embraced a big screen phone. While it would arguably be an entirety different phone, it could be for some a major reason to make a change.)

Last edited:

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I pre-ordered the Note 4 to replace my Note 3 as a main smartphone. I find that the Note 4 is has a large amount of innovation that makes it a much better tool for work and play. True there isn't a lot of the "new Fins" stuff but the improvements to the screen, the multi-tasking windows, the launcher, the camera, the finger print lock feature, the faster charging, etc. make it a must have for me. And I know from owning over a dozen Samsung electronic products that it will work well. So for me, pre-ordering was the way to go.

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site

The iphone 6 plus isn't sight unseen --- it is a rebranded original Galaxy Note :D

pantlesspenguin

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
I have to wait until January because that's the next time I can use my JUMP upgrade on T-Mo. I should have timed my upgrades better to hit Black Friday deals. Oh well, I'm still very happy with my M8, and in the meantime I can watch reviews.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
The iphone 6 plus isn't sight unseen --- it is a rebranded original Galaxy Note :D
I actually overheard some coworkers discussing just this... And they actually said just that: The new iPhone looks just like the Samsung Galaxy.
And these are RedDelicious-loving people we're talking about here... :)

And yesterday I got a friend to really say "Well, now I'm jelous!" when he was showing me his shinny new iPhone 6 and I showed him Themer in return. Boom!

Willn

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
Can I wait? Yes, Have I waited? Yes, Do I like waiting? No. I've actually been holding out on buying a phone for about 4 months now. I've had the S3 since it came out, and was very happy with it the whole time. But about 4 months ago I started looking and considered buying the note 3 only to see that the note 4 was going to have a few extra specs that I liked, so... I decided to wait... and wait... and September 3rd came, I was hoping it would come out like a week later only to find out I had to wait some more... so then I though OK, it will probably be early October, nope wait some more... Anyways moral of my story is I probably just should have bought the note 3 way back in the beginning of summer and just been happy with that. It's all good though at least my preorder is set in place and I'll have it when its available...but I'm still waiting lol.

fulleraj

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
I have been patiently waiting since June to upgrade, but finally gave in and ordered the N4. First contemplated the S5, then the Note 3, then the one plus one, then the G2 series, but none really got fit the entire bill. Was tempted to wait for the new nexus line, but didn't like the rumors about Shamu and there was nothing earth-shattering on the android L news front. Anyways, I'm happy with the N4 preorder....wife wanted a note 4 as well, so had to strike while the skillet was hot.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Carrtman

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site

I'm coming from a S3/BB Curve combo so I expect it to be a big upgrade (at least I hope so).

But I would never stand in line waiting for a phone, game, device I'm also not an early adopter...so while I'm excited I'll wait a few weeks and then test it out if it's as great as advertised I'll buy it :)

ps: lets go wings :)

brentj

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Since I own a Note 2, I have a pretty good idea of what the experience is like. I've decided the Note 4 is a worthwhile upgrade for me, so I plan to pre-order the Sprint version this Friday, which is apparently when the Sprint pre-orders will start. I have a lot of confidence that it will work as expected, and the trade-in deals available if you pre-order make it attractive to go that route.

I can easily wait til mid-October when the phone actually becomes available, but I don't feel any need to wait beyond that for others to get it and report on it. If there are any bugs, I'm sure they'll be fixed pretty quickly.

shanghaichica

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
I personally don't have to test any Samsung phone before owning. I have had the S2, S3, Note 1, 3 and now 4. I decided to change and get the HTC One. While I like it I am ready to go back to my tried and true. I had this phone rooted and have had many problems. I'm not worried too much about bugs. Nothing can be worse than the AT&T debacle I just dealt with (couldn't make our receive calls or texts or get on internet anywhere in town except the south side). I have preordered to avoid stupid salesmen and to achieve elite status on Best Buy :) oh and patience is a virtue...that I do not possess.

I'm the same. I've owned the note 1, S4, Note 3 and I'm currently using the S5. I know exactly what to expect and as soon as it goes up for Pre-order in my country I will be ordering one.

Posted from my S5

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
I'm the same. I've owned the note 1, S4, Note 3 and I'm currently using the S5. I know exactly what to expect and as soon as it goes up for Pre-order in my country I will be ordering one.

Posted from my S5

This. Once I find something that works I tend to stick with it. Samsung has proven themselves to me so much so that I don't need to test because I can already bank on a great user experience. The S pen was indispensable to me bc I could easily write notes to remember and it would be right there in my face on my home screen to remind me.

Baby_Doc

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Since I own a Note 2, I have a pretty good idea of what the experience is like. I've decided the Note 4 is a worthwhile upgrade for me, so I plan to pre-order the Sprint version this Friday, which is apparently when the Sprint pre-orders will start. I have a lot of confidence that it will work as expected, and the trade-in deals available if you pre-order make it attractive to go that route.

I can easily wait til mid-October when the phone actually becomes available, but I don't feel any need to wait beyond that for others to get it and report on it. If there are any bugs, I'm sure they'll be fixed pretty quickly.
While I have reason to hope any early Note 4 problems can be fixed, that's only true if they are software related. The Note 3, IMO, has hardware problems that were reported early and have never been fixed. Reception complaints, GPS sensitivity, low light camera noise and slow focusing are the main reasons I would consider upgrading my Note 3. While it is reasonable to expect those issues fixed in the Note 4, I want to hear that from actual purchasers. Newer doesn't always equate with better. Many Note 2 owners, for example, stated their phone's antenna and camera were better than the Note 3's. I will wait to be sure everything performs as promised with the Note 4.

Last edited: