Note 4 Benchmarked!

peter1hauns

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
well i think the iphone was benched on AnandTech. Their tests are time based vs score based, but looking at the ratio of how they competed with lets say the s5 and how the note 4 does i would say it looks promising. Anyone have any details on this ?

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
You can't do a direct comparison between the iPhone 6 and Note 4 without taking into consideration the resolution that both phones have to render. The note 4 has more work to do, so the only tests that would be directly compare are the off screen tests where there is more of an equal playing field. The cpu scores can also be directly compared.

Posted via Android Central App

Yoink676

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
You can't do a direct comparison between the iPhone 6 and Note 4 without taking into consideration the resolution that both phones have to render. The note 4 has more work to do, so the only tests that would be directly compare are the off screen tests where there is more of an equal playing field. The cpu scores can also be directly compared.

Posted via Android Central App

I think its the other way.
Comparing 2 devices would mean taking their soc and their resolution in consideration.
But comparing 2 socs(Graphic performance) would mean taking their offscreen performance in consideration only.

anon(469638)

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Benchmarks mean nothing.

Real world performance is all that matters.

You could score a million points on a test and it wouldn't amount to anything if the actual usage was sluggish.

salmanahmad

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
Besides, Samsung is notorious for cheating on benchmark tests so they can't be trusted.

Even if you think that the Samsung cheats, companies like Motorola that have never been known to cheat have already beaten the iPhone 6 in benchmarks despite using a SOC weaker than the Note 4.

The Note 4 will definitely win in benchmarks with or without cheating.

Fr0gburp3r

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Its not what I think. It's a known fact they cheat. Benchmarks mean nothing to the everyday users except for spec whores. Apple and Motorola have already proven that great software and hardware optimization trumps high end specs. I'd rather have great user experience than touting benchmark scores and specs.

Yoink676

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Or until they get caught again. It's hard to trust them anymore.
You can always wait for anandtech's review(or even arstechnica) ,which would pretty much clear your doubts.

Like I said since s5(including s5) they have stopped it.

Also if you can't trust samsung ,then I don't think you should trust many other oem(s) too...
http://www.anandtech.com/show/7384/state-of-cheating-in-android-benchmarks

In Gfx benchmark all other devices perform same as Note 4 (with same soc)
So unless all of them are doing are 'cheating',I dont see what's wrong with note 4

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante