Observations: Got to try out a Galaxy Note 4 last night...

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Got a friend that works for Sammy...he had a GN4 last night...here's some impressions!

1. It's essentially the same size as the GN3. Maybe a hair thinner.
2. The screen is AMAZING. Just unreal. If i look really hard...i can barely see a pixel on my GN3...but on the GN4...not a chance.
3. The fake stitching is gone...and it's MUCH BETTER for it.
4. The metal frame makes it a pleasure to hold. The bummer is many will put a case over it. It also makes me wonder for those who don't use a case if the white color on the metal frame will stay on or scratch off easily.
5. It's still remarkably light.
6. Did I mention that screen?!
7. I ran a benchmark (Quadrant) and it scored just a hair shy of 25,000. Not a big jump from my GN3...but still good.
8. Touchwiz seems to have a flatter theme. Def a few changes to get adjusted to.
9. The backing is still fake leather...but it feels better to the touch.
10. The camera took some amazing shots...but then again...so does my GN3.

All that to say...the case for upgrading isn't as strong as it was from the GN2 to the GN3...in my opinion. Screen is amazing, seems a tad faster, a bump in camera specs, and the build is nicer.

My 2 cents!

droid747

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Got a friend that works for Sammy...he had a GN4 last night...here's some impressions!

2. The screen is AMAZING. Just unreal. If i look really hard...i can barely see a pixel on my GN3...but on the GN4...not a chance.
4. The metal frame makes it a pleasure to hold. The bummer is many will put a case over it. It also makes me wonder for those who don't use a case if the white color on the metal frame will stay on or scratch off easily.
7. I ran a benchmark (Quadrant) and it scored just a hair shy of 25,000. Not a big jump from my GN3...but still good.
8. Touchwiz seems to have a flatter theme. Def a few changes to get adjusted to.

All that to say...the case for upgrading isn't as strong as it was from the GN2 to the GN3...in my opinion. Screen is amazing, seems a tad faster, a bump in camera specs, and the build is nicer.

My 2 cents!

Have you ever used a note 2? If so how would you compare the overall size of the note 4 to the note 2

Posted via the Android Central App

brentj

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Have you ever used a note 2? If so how would you compare the overall size of the note 4 to the note 2

Here are the dimensions and weights in inches and grams:

Note 4: 6.04 x 3.09 x .33, 176 g.
Note 2: 5.95 x 3.17 x .37, 180 g.

I will give serious consideration to not using a case with the Note 4. I expect that the aluminum frame and soft back will provide a much better grip than my Note 2.

To OP: what do you mean by "white color on the metal frame"? Isn't it just bare (or lacquered or anodized) aluminum, natural color? This is the first mention I've seen of it being colored white.

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Here are the dimensions and weights in inches and grams:

Note 4: 6.04 x 3.09 x .33, 176 g.
Note 2: 5.95 x 3.17 x .37, 180 g.

I will give serious consideration to not using a case with the Note 4. I expect that the aluminum frame and soft back will provide a much better grip than my Note 2.

To OP: what do you mean by "white color on the metal frame"? Isn't it just bare (or lacquered or anodized) aluminum, natural color? This is the first mention I've seen of it being colored white.

The angled edges of the frame were silver aluminum...but the flat face on the aluminum was the color of the phone...and so in this case...it was white like the phone was white.
I'd post a pic but this forum won't let me cause my post count is 'too low'.

power5

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
The angled edges of the frame were silver aluminum...but the flat face on the aluminum was the color of the phone...and so in this case...it was white like the phone was white.
I'd post a pic but this forum won't let me cause my post count is 'too low'.
Use Tapatalk. I don't think post count matters then.

goin_nil

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site

Thanks for sharing your first impressions. I've been waiting for a real review and not just the ones from IFA. That's great that you think the screen is so amazing.

fredwardnelson

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site

My 2 cents!

4. - It seems that all of the Note 4s have the "paint" on the side. I looked at a few videos of the black model, it has them too. Either way I hope they don't come off easily.

slackerjack

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Or really easily! Either way! Look, I get Samsung had to do something to ensure the device didn't look too..."fruity," but its not going to hurt my feelings to ha e a pure silver metal band

:)

Posted via the Android Central App

brentj

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
4. - It seems that all of the Note 4s have the "paint" on the side. I looked at a few videos of the black model, it has them too. Either way I hope they don't come off easily.
The third photo down on this page doesn't look like it's painted on the black Note 4, but it's hard to tell from a photo exactly what the finish is. They refer to it as being a "textured" finish. Galaxy Note 4 hands-on and first impressions

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084