White Note 4's at Best Buy, has anyone seen a black one yet?

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I noticed that every unboxing so far, and all reports of Note 4s in the wild have been the white variety. They had 3 of them at my local Best Buy today and they were all white. I wonder if there will be a shortage of the other colors?

Anyhow, on the Note 3, the back of the white one didn't feel as nice as the one on the black one. The black one just feels more grippy and has this rubbery quality to it that makes it feel more like leather than the white back which just feels like textured plastic. Will it be the same for the Note 4? Has anyone gotten their paws on a black one, and if so, does it feel like the back on the Note 3?

livetoride4666

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
I was wondering the same thing. I just saw a white one. I had to really look for it too. The N4 was placed in the middle of a bunch of N3s and if I didn't know what I was looking for I wouldn't of known. I was very surprised there was not a huge display of sorts, but that could of just been the store I went to.

Posted via Android Central App

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
I was wondering the same thing. I just saw a white one. I had to really look for it too. The N4 was placed in the middle of a bunch of N3s and if I didn't know what I was looking for I wouldn't of known. I was very surprised there was not a huge display of sorts, but that could of just been the store I went to.

Nope it was like that at the store I went to also. Just in a line with all the other Samsung products. The price was the giveaway for me.

jamesrick80

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Only white ones will be on display until release of the phone. I like this because I am getting the black one and it will not ruin my unboxing of the beautiful device. Also I don't watch unboxing videos because it takes away from the experience.

goin_nil

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
My local Best Buy only had 3 white ones on display too. Odd that they are all white so far. I'd much prefer black over white - the phone is big enough without standing out even more.

apagan4182

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I live in MI and the Samsung rep at Best Buy said that they would have a black Note 4 in store for display on 9/30

Posted via the Android Central App

Shasie

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Only 3 white at mine too. I was shocked that the Apple display was so pitiful. Two phones not even displayed well. The Samsung area was huge with 3 4s, S5s, the watch, headphones in a prominent area.

Sent from my kindle using Android Central Forums

Beltelmel

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
Local BB had no blacks on display. But they did have a black Note Edge
along with two white Note 4's. Wasn't interested in the Edge so only used
it to compare colors. To me, and two other shoppers there, the white definitely had more
"wow" factor even to the one who had a white N3 with him. The white N4 looked like a work of art!

anon(469638)

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I had a white S4 and hated it a few months later. Ended up having to buy a black skin for it.

Black is just so sleek and understated to me.

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Yes, there is one of each at the BB here in Louisiana. The black feels just like my black Note 3. Very shiny. Took a pic with my cell, but I'm posting from my tab. Leeme try and post a pic..brb...

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
You're right, the white is very pretty. I've always had black phones though. And the back of the Note 3 is softer than the white for some reason. Now that I think about it, I didnt even compare the feeling of the 2 N4. I went straight for the black, and it feels just like the back of my black Note 3. Did u notice the subtle "design/pattern"? The black N4 has the same look as the white N3. The black N3 doesn't have it.

livetoride4666

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
I went to two stores today and found a couple in black. I'm definitely getting the black. The back is much better and has a good texture to it.

Jalopiejoe

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
I looked at a black Note 4 today at BB in Phoenix, AZ.
The back cover is soft like my black Note 3. Very nice display, no lag. Still I will keep my Note 3 until the Note 5 comes out!

sqa4life

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
I looked at a black Note 4 today at BB in Phoenix, AZ.
The back cover is soft like my black Note 3. Very nice display, no lag. Still I will keep my Note 3 until the Note 5 comes out!

I thought I was going to keep my black note 3 and wait for the S6. But after going back and forth to best buy and played with the note 4 a few times, I thought, heck! for 100 bucks, can't go wrong with it. So, i ended up preordered a black note 4 :)
The N4 is only slightly improved from N3. I have 3 upgrades to burn, otherwise i'd keep the n3.

TheAshWilliams

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
One of the best Buy here in Las Vegas has a black amd white one. Like the Note 3 the black one has a better feeling back. In my opinion though that white one is just dead sexy. I've NEVER had a white phone but that white on white gives me the chills!!

Posted via my Galaxy Note 3