Note 4 Question regarding Samsung

l3uddz

Sep 6, 2014
Visit site
Hi, never owned a Samsung phone and was wondering whether they have a replacement policy/service similar to AppleCare+? Or do they not have one and best route would be insurance for the note 4?

anon8126715

Banned
Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: Question regarding Samsung

Hi, never owned a Samsung phone and was wondering whether they have a replacement policy/service similar to AppleCare+? Or do they not have one and best route would be insurance for the note 4?

Your absolute best route is to just take care of your device. When you consider how much AppleCare and insurance costs, you may as well put away a few dollars more a month and if anything happens just get the phone fixed with the money you saved. I'd rather invest in a sturdy case and just take extra care of my device.

You can probably buy insurance from most carriers if you choose to do so, just make sure you read the fine print and have the salesman tell you where to find out what is and isn't covered and if there's a deductible involved and if you're to expect a refurbished product or a new product. Most plans give you a refurbished, which is why I'd rather just save my money. You can spend about $40-$50 and swap out cracked screens on many popular smartphones and I'm betting the Note 4 will be just as relatively inexpensive to fix.

l3uddz

Sep 6, 2014
Visit site

Thanks, from what I understand with AppleCare you just pay upfront cost of 80 gbp and it extends warranty to 2 years and covers 2 accidental damages, they replace or fix the phone for a fee of 55 gbp. But your right, prob makes sense to set a small amount aside each month to have a "fix" fund in case of accidental damage.

kurpaige

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site

Thanks, from what I understand with AppleCare you just pay upfront cost of 80 gbp and it extends warranty to 2 years and covers 2 accidental damages, they replace or fix the phone for a fee of 55 gbp. But your right, prob makes sense to set a small amount aside each month to have a "fix" fund in case of accidental damage.

Wow. A fix fund for your phone? Interesting. Apple backs their product better than any company out there. to answer your question no Samsung does not offer anything like AppleCare. One time payment for 2 years of care is dead simple. Your protected against things you can't control like power button volume buttons stop working. Charging port issues. Taking care of your phone don't fix these. I had s4 and note 2 both stop reading as cards and I was out of luck cause I dint do carrier insurance.