Note 4 What's everyone's experience with receiving a pre ordered phone on launch day?

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I have never pre ordered a phone directly from the carrier, in this case Sprint, but did so today. Landed up having to pay the full upgrade price which came out to be just a tad over 370 bucks after taxes. I used to get my phones from Best Buy and they usually had the phone on launch day. Since I have a business account I can no longer get it from Best Buy.

So, do the 3rd party retail stores usually get the phones on launch day too? The guy at the store just said "We will call you when it gets here" which didn't sound very reassuring.

How'd things go for you guys when you got your Note 3, or other flagship phone, when you pre ordered it?

Mooch10

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Re: What's everyone's experience with receiving a pre ordered phone on launch day?

The experence I had with Best Buy when I preordered my S3 was the worst. The phone was out, no call from BB I happened to be in the Verizon store ask asked for the heck of it if they had any in stock and they did. So I got it right then nd there. 5 weeks later BB called. Your phone is ready for pick up. I said, to late, keep it.

anon8126715

Banned
Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: What's everyone's experience with receiving a pre ordered phone on launch day?

I have never pre ordered a phone directly from the carrier, in this case Sprint, but did so today. Landed up having to pay the full upgrade price which came out to be just a tad over 370 bucks after taxes. I used to get my phones from Best Buy and they usually had the phone on launch day. Since I have a business account I can no longer get it from Best Buy.

So, do the 3rd party retail stores usually get the phones on launch day too? The guy at the store just said "We will call you when it gets here" which didn't sound very reassuring.

How'd things go for you guys when you got your Note 3, or other flagship phone, when you pre ordered it?

I'm a little confused, you said you ordered it directly from the carrier but then mentioned a 3rd party store. To me those are 2 different things. If you ordered the phone at a Sprint store then they should have your phone on launch day. You were probably told that they'll call you because they expect to be busy on launch day. I say you can probably show up on the day of the launch and pick it up right then and there (although the earlier the better). Since you pre-ordered it, they should know that one of the devices has been set aside for you.

As far as pre-ordering one that's delivered to you, my experience has been that it's delivered on the day it's released, but has to be signed for. They won't just leave the phone at your door.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site

Yeah by directly the carrier I meant a Sprint store, not Radio Shack, Best Buy and Wal Mart. Of the two stores in our town, only one would do the business pre order. when I walked in and asked if they can do business I was pleasantly surprised that they would since the other Sprint store right away told me that they can't, however, when I said I want to pre order the Note 4 he said that they can't take pre orders for it yet, that's when my confidence in them dropped a bit. Either way, it seemed like it was the first time he did this since he was literally fist pumping when it went through....

Sorry for mixing up my terminology and thanks for the replies.

mcgeorge36

Dec 8, 2009
Visit site
I've never pre-ordered a phone before. I've also never had too many issues of going right into my carrier's store (Verizon) and picking up a phone on launch date. Bit I've also never tried to get an iPhone or an S-4/5.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I will never walk into a store to buy a phone again unless it's an absolute necessity. I was buying my son a phone for Christmas a couple of years ago. I was second or third inline with 2 Verizon reps at the registers. It took an hour to get helped, not to mention sweating my **** off.
I ordered the Note 3 online, delivered it to my wife's work. She came home at lunch and plugged it in. Turned it on, had a slight issue activating sim, but it was resolved in about 5 minutes over the phone. Much less painful than the store route.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

husker619

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I pre-ordered my GS3 from Verizon's web page over 2 years ago. I got it about 1.5 weeks before everybody else started getting theirs. I went into best buy the day I got it and had them put on a Zagg screen protector on it. The geeks could not believe I had it so early. Still using that phone today, till the Pre-ordered Note 4 shows up!
I remember my expected ship date from Verizon never did change after placing the GS3 order, but the moment Verizon ran my credit card early, I knew they had to be shipping it earlier than expected. My current expected ship date for the Note 4 on Verizon's page is telling me 10/23/14. I check it every day. But the moment I get an email stating Verizon charged my credit card, I will be expecting the Note 4 two days later!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance