Note 4 Fast Charging

rcobourn

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
You need the combination of the adaptive charger and the fast charge circuitry in the phone.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Personally, I am a little disappointed. My Note 3 doesn't take 1:58:19 to charge from 13%. I was expecting a much larger differential in charging times.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

keyzlife

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Personally, I am a little disappointed. My Note 3 doesn't take 1:58:19 to charge from 13%. I was expecting a much larger differential in charging times.

I was thinking the same thing.

sent from my Samsung GALAXY Note® 3

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
He was charging it while the screen is on.

I think that is an assumption. If you look at every cut in the video, you can see that the Note 4 screen was just turned on. I would assume that the screen was only turned on at specific time intervals to see the status. Nevertheless, not impressed as I am expecting better times than that.

Yk Chin

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
There's another article that mentioned the Note 4 fast charging is only about 40 minutes faster than the Note 3 from below 10% to 100% full.

goin_nil

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
"Only" about 40 minutes faster? LOL

I agree. 40 minutes faster is a lot to reduce it by. It's all about perspective.

If it were 40 minutes SLOWER than the Note 3, we would be all up in arms saying:
-"that's terrible!"
-"it takes SO much longer to charge now!"
-"How could Samsung do this!?"

But, cut 40 minutes off of the Note 3 charging time and people say -
-"40 min faster? That's it? That's not much."
-" 40 min faster? I thought it was going to be much faster!"
-" 40 min faster? eh, just another Samsung gimmick. No big deal."
-"Fast charging? Only 40 min faster? Really Samsung?! - eh... Just marketing spin. "

onesojourner

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
2 hours to fully charge vs 3 hours to charge. Both are still a long time. I have never found myself in that situation. I have found that I have forgotten to plug my phone in the night before and I have to be out the door in 15 minutes. I don't think samsung's fast charge solution will make much of a difference in that situation.

worwig

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Personally, I use an old slow overnight charger for my devices. No reason to heat up and shorten the life of the battery every day.
And there is that awesome feature, swappable batteries, that a lot of devices can't even do.

roninksb

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Isn't the battery on the N4 bigger as well? Combined that with shaving 40 minutes of the charge time and we are talking pretty impressive.

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Isn't the battery on the N4 bigger as well? Combined that with shaving 40 minutes of the charge time and we are talking pretty impressive.

well, 3220 vs 3200, not that different.

45 minutes should not be relevant if you don't charge to 100%, which you should avoid doing to prolong battery longevity anyway.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Modern OEM chargers have circuitry to avoid overcharging, just as they do now for fast charging. You can try all the tricks you want to try and preserve the life of your battery, but the best way is to use the charger that comes with your phone. They tell you to use the supplied OEM charger for a reason.