Stopped in Verizon Store to Look at Note 4 and VR

pwscott

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I was in King of Prussia, PA by the mall today so I stopped in the Verizon store there (not a reseller, a Verizon Wireless Store). A very nice VZW salesperson opened the door and greeted me. I told her I came to check out the Note 4 to see if they had one in black.
She said that they didn't have any and that they're not displaying them- they're not out yet. But, you can pre-order.

I told her I already pre-ordered one. I took a look around the store and despite being a sizable and very busy store, they had only the Note 3...No Note 4, no signage except for Moto. Strange huh? I told her Best Buy has been displaying them since Friday of last week and she just told me they definitely do not have any.

clownin72

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Same results in Kansas. Nothing. I was disappointed. "Can I help you with anything?" uhhhh yea put the Note 4 on display already

Posted via Android Central App

g8orballboy

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
My local Verizon store in Williamsburg, VA had the white Note 4 on display. They had the Gear VR demo unit set up but it wasn't functioning. They said they were waiting on a Samsung rep to come set it up for them. Hopefully I'll be able to check it out tonight. The Note 4 looked gorgeous. I'm coming from an iphone 5 and this is my first Android device. Gear VR made me think of switching and playing with the Note 3 sold me. Now having played with the Note 4, I don't know if I'll ever be able to go back to iOS.

xxx420

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
My local Verizon store in Williamsburg, VA had the white Note 4 on display. They had the Gear VR demo unit set up but it wasn't functioning. They said they were waiting on a Samsung rep to come set it up for them. Hopefully I'll be able to check it out tonight. The Note 4 looked gorgeous. I'm coming from an iphone 5 and this is my first Android device. Gear VR made me think of switching and playing with the Note 3 sold me. Now having played with the Note 4, I don't know if I'll ever be able to go back to iOS.

Did you notice if the verizon one has the verizon logo or name any where on it? Like on the home button or on the back? I hate when carriers do that.

g8orballboy

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
I didn't notice it on the front of the phone (though I wasn't looking). It very well may have been on the back, but they had a big security device attached to the back so I didn't really look there either.

droid747

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I wish the verizon store near my work or near my home would get a note 4 on display. I want to see signal strength on the note 4 and compare it to my g3. In also would like run a speed test next to each other at the same time to compare.

Posted via the Android Central App

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Did you notice if the verizon one has the verizon logo or name any where on it? Like on the home button or on the back? I hate when carriers do that.

The back I'd expect it... The home button is a no go.

xxx420

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site

Alex Wetzel

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Same here. Switching from an iPhone 5. I like Google's ecosystem better. Also, I have a 2013 nexus 7 already

scipper77

May 6, 2014
Visit site
Verizon seems to only put there logo on the back of Samsung phones recently. This means you can buy a replacement back from Samsung and have no Verizon branding if that's important to you. My phone (S5) is always in a case that hides the Verizon logo so I don't really care about the whole logo issue but it's nice to know I have the option of removing it.

Statastic

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Is it REALLY that serious when it comes to the branding? I dont care where Verizon puts their logo, as long as the devices works like it should. I have Verizon so why would I care where their branding is at? Just asking.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Is it REALLY that serious when it comes to the branding? I dont care where Verizon puts their logo, as long as the devices works like it should. I have Verizon so why would I care where their branding is at? Just asking.

It's not that serious unless they do what they did with the Note 2 and LG G2. Would you mind if the dealership you bought your car from had a big logo painted on the hood or door when the other dealerships selling the same car doesn't? I sure would. It doesn't affect how it drives, but totally unnecessary.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
It's not that serious unless they do what they did with the Note 2 and LG G2. Would you mind if the dealership you bought your car from had a big logo painted on the hood or door when the other dealerships selling the same car doesn't? I sure would. It doesn't affect how it drives, but totally unnecessary.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Some dealers put small logos or stickers. Mine did. No big deal. I am sure if it was an issue that they would remove it for you.

As for on a phone, I had the Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II and wasn't a big deal either. Older phones had the Verizon logo on them too. Bottom line, I am with Verizon for the service. If I wanted a pure Google experience, non branded phones or whatever then I wouldn't get verizon.

Sent from my LG G Pad 8.3

troshs

Trusted Member
Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
It's not really for your enjoyment, but theirs. They think that if a person sees a phone of their brand in someone else's hands, then it will increase traffic to their store. Mostly every company does this. It's free advertising. I hate being a walking billboard. :(

Boom! From My S5

m3lover1

Trusted Member
May 4, 2010
Visit site
AT&T, Verizon didn't have any on display at the mall. T-Mobile had both edge and note 4, went to play with the note 4, screen is cracked and messed up because they put the security clasp on too tight -_-. Best buy nearby said they're the only one in the area not to have it on display because of shipping issues.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs