So now...do I really want to upgrade from the Note 3 to the Note 4?

snsn

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Let me start off by saying I always have to have the "latest and the greatest"...And I did pre ordere the Note 4 at BB...
I've also owned Galaxy S's then Note 2 and 3...etc...
So now after seeing the Note 4 and playing with it, I'm kinda on the fence...
Yes, it feels a little better, quality wise, the screen looks very nice, the S Pen functions work a little better...
but do I really want to add $35 more / month on my AT&T Next upgrade... and sure I'll be able to sell the Note 3 for $400...
B-U-T for some reason I'm not excited about it...
Thoughts?

Jalopiejoe

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
I'm with you on this one! I looked at the Note 4 yesterday at BB. The screen was sharper and I could read print easier.
The S pen was more sensitive and did more. But the cost of the phone upgrade + glass screen saver + case + other accessories?
I don't think so! I'll wait for the Note 5. I'm still happy enough with my Note 3!

snsn

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
I DID buy it...on pre order...
I JUST don't know if I really want it...
I'm NOT excited at all...as I usually am...

thegame161

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
How long do you have to decide on if you like it or not? 7 days? I personally think the upgrade is certainly worth it but it depends on. Your main needs and if the added features are something you would use

gottria

Trusted Member
Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I didn't pre order and I had the note 3 for almost a year, a new record for me. Being a field tech and always having a brick on my side, I switched to the S5 and love the size. But I do miss the s-pen a lot for quick notes and such. Bought a used LG G3 and really liked it, because it was something different than the same old Sammy interface, I don't use TW use Nova but still. Made $100 flipping the G3 and no debating to go back to another G3 or pre order the N4. If I pre order the N4 I'll burn an upgrade on one of my lines and with the $200 rebate it will run my about $200 for the N4.

blitz118

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I like the Note 4 build quality and camera over the Note 3, but the Note Edge caught my attention and I could not put it down. It is unique to me, and I can see myself using the panel display to jump from one app to another quickly. I'm going back to Best Buy to mess with it some more and will probably get it over the Note 4. The Edge has all of the features of the Note 4 plus the panel display.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I tried the Alpha and I was amazed with what Samsung did, the aluminum make a huge difference too bad they waited this long.

Also, I read that the Note 4 will have Moto X's active listening feature.

These two alone IMO is worth upgrading.

I'm picking it up now for sure.

tapatalk LG pro D852

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
I'm with you on this one! I looked at the Note 4 yesterday at BB. The screen was sharper and I could read print easier.
The S pen was more sensitive and did more. But the cost of the phone upgrade + glass screen saver + case + other accessories?
I don't think so! I'll wait for the Note 5. I'm still happy enough with my Note 3!
Let me start off by saying I always have to have the "latest and the greatest"...And I did pre ordere the Note 4 at BB...
Yes, it feels a little better, quality wise, the screen looks very nice, the S Pen functions work a little better...
but do I really want to add $35 more / month on my AT&T Next upgrade... and sure I'll be able to sell the Note 3 for $400...
Thoughts?

We all are in the same boat on this. The Note 3 being a hellava phone, that's the reason for this doubt. If it was the Note 2, IMO, should not even be a thought on that! But, the Note 3 does dam near everything good and IMO, the Note 4 is only about 8 or 9% better!

IMO, a reasonable and smart Note 3 owner would wait for the Note 5..

However, I am NOT reasonable or smart by a long shot, plus I am too old to play the WAITING GAME. :D

I am looking to add about $500 to what I get off my new like Note 3. All this for IMO about a 9% increase in performance..

Also, I heard the speakers are louder too! I do have a hearing problem so that is a plus for me..

I already have my Note 4 case, just waiting on my Note 4 temp glass to arrive. Will be slapping a 128 gb sd card in it too. Most likely I will be selling my Note 3 around the 10th of October, and go phoneless for about a week. Should get between $300 to $400 on my Note 3..

We only passing this way one time, and I never saw a Brinks truck following a hearse!! (old wrinkled grin):D

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
It is hard to answer it for you ... Do you want the extra $35 or not? Can you financially handle it or does it bother you adding this?

All preference :).

snsn

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Certainly it doesn't "bother " me ....but actually I wasn't aware this would happen when I switched to the Mobile Share 4 lines/10Gb...it lowered my monthly, so I was happy...I was always the kind of guy as to "buy" the upgrade for the new device , knowing I could sell the old phone on Craigslist at a good price... and as I said I will be selling the Note 3 and probably get $400...so I shouldn't complain...truthfully, I'm just not that impressed with the 4, going from the 3 to the 4... maybe I should wait for the EDGE?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Certainly it doesn't "bother " me ....but actually I wasn't aware this would happen when I switched to the Mobile Share 4 lines/10Gb...it lowered my monthly, so I was happy...I was always the kind of guy as to "buy" the upgrade for the new device , knowing I could sell the old phone on Craigslist at a good price... and as I said I will be selling the Note 3 and probably get $400...so I shouldn't complain...truthfully, I'm just not that impressed with the 4, going from the 3 to the 4... maybe I should wait for the EDGE?

If you're not that impressed just wait then :).

Willn

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
If you weren't tempted enough I'll try to make a little more tempting.
You could Preorder the note 4 full price
Sell your note 3 for 400
Trade in an old cheap phone for 10
Claim 200 Samsung promo
And there you go a brand new note 4 for 100.

Posted via the Android Central App

clatus

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
this will be the quickest upgrade ive ever made coming from the note 3. But that is because I ruined my screen so It's either $200 for a new digitizer or $699+tax for a note 4.

lazerproof

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
Thoughts?

The Note 3 is a great device and I don't think it would be worth it to upgrade, however, if you are the type that has to have the latest and greatest then go ahead. My decision was easy. I am upgrading from a GS3.