Samsung Galaxy Note 4 I'm giving Android another chance...

dj2big

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
I have been on and off android since iPhone 4S currently I have the iPhone 5S I was going to upgrade to the iPhone 6 Plus but when I saw it the day it was released to me it looked cheap I don't like it as far as looks... Functionality it probably works just as great it better than my iPhone 5S.

Yesterday I ordered the Samsung Galaxy Note 4. I did have the Note 3 for a couple months along side the iPhone 5S but finally sold it about 6 months ago. I miss it. The big screen mainly it ran smooth for the most part but I did have a few glitches and certain specific apps I really use and like on the iPhone are not on android. I'm giving it another chance but this time I'm going to stick to it for a year or at least try to... However it will be alongside an iPad for the apps I use for my work.

I'm excited and at the same time concerned. For years I wanted an iPhone and now it seems like in trapped because of a few apps.

Traktor DJ
DJ player
DJay 2

I guess you figured it out I'm a dj of over 25 years and these apps are phenomenal and work flawlessly. I won't be giving up my iPad anytime soon because I use those apps for work. I think it's time I separate my phone from work I know it will be hard because on my free time I organize my music library on iTunes for whatever event I have coming up.

Any suggestions?
DJing is not a hobby it's a profession for me and I need real usable apps not toys. Sometimes I perform in front of 3k people and the last thing I need is problems.

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Re: I'm giving Android another chance...

I'd just keep both so you can have the best of both worlds. I have an iPad mini and will soon have a Note 4 (currently an M8). I use face time to talk to ppl and some apps I like better on iOS. HOWEVER, I would not want to deal with it all day every day. So I keep both OS's around. But I'm not an Apple Hugger :)

Posted via Android Central App

dj2big

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site

Apple hugger I'm not
But smooth apps that I need is a big big plus for me
I just don't like the new iPhones for some reason
I never use iMessage or FaceTime on my iPad because I strictly run my music on and basic web surfing
I'm excited about the note 4 it came in handy big time at my regular job as a car salesman

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site

As much as I do not like Apple, I like some of the features on their devices. I have not had an Apple device for years but if you are a professional DJ, I think you would be better off sticking to iPhone. However, for personal use, I would never go for any Apple product at this time.

dj2big

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site

As much as I do not like Apple, I like some of the features on their devices. I have not had an Apple device for years but if you are a professional DJ, I think you would be better off sticking to iPhone. However, for personal use, I would never go for any Apple product at this time.

In hoping I can take care of all my DJing needs on the iPad and keep the note strictly personal and cars ales job

Philipp Yeo

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site

Like what prakash99 said, I also think you should keep the iPad for work and the Note 4 for personal use.

But also, try to test the note 4 if it's good for DJing. You might not know, maybe it even performs better than your iPad. XD

salmanahmad

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site

I don't have much to contribute right now, but you seem like an extremely cool guy from your profile photo. Haha.

Anyways I've heard that the 64 bit architecture in the iPhone 5S allowed for some pretty serious music editing applications, if that stuff is true then you might not be in luck because Android is currently(on most phones) still limited to 32 bit.

However a bit of searching around may reveal some nice apps for sound on Android, I'm sure of it. :)

dj2big

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site

I don't have much to contribute right now, but you seem like an extremely cool guy from your profile photo. Haha.

Anyways I've heard that the 64 bit architecture in the iPhone 5S allowed for some pretty serious music editing applications, if that stuff is true then you might not be in luck because Android is currently(on most phones) still limited to 32 bit.

However a bit of searching around may reveal some nice apps for sound on Android, I'm sure of it. :)
I purchased the Cross DJ app it's made by a pretty reputable DJ software and control maker. I used an app called iSyncR to tranfer my iTunes library but for some reason Cross DJ can't see or read the files not even the mp3 files transferred from iTunes.
I have a big gig coming up on November 8 I'm the official DJ for the Marine Ball in Chicago and it would be cool to try an android based tablet to see how it performs side to side with my iPad.
If I am able to I'll video record a gig log and post it up. The only thing that concerns me is that anytime I play audio from my Samsung Note 4 to my car stereo I hear glitches and lags in the music I don't know if that's because it's being streamed through Bluetooth or the file got corrupt by the iSyncR tranfer over WiFi from my PC to the Note 4.
Mac has been the powerhouse behind most music since the 90s I don't see many pro musicians and DJS with Microsoft based computers and the ones you do see with them end up with on Apple sooner or later. I hate being stuck to Apple but since 1995 it has ran my studio. Yes my old iPhone 5S garage band could be easily compared to my 1995 Protools which I used on my Apple Power Mac 7200 89/AV crazy but my 4 Gig bareacuda harddrive that I bought to use with that system cost me $2000 alone in 1995... wow!
833ef710caee7fc80637aa2e8eab53fd.jpg

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
My Note 3, HTC One and Note 4 all have stuttered while playing via Bluetooth in my car so I wouldn't call it abnormal.

thi

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
I read on xda that most android devices have inferior DACs compared to iPhone and I pods. Unfortunately the note 4 is the same. It's due to Qualcomm hardware. I think the z3 has the best audio processing for android. I was on the fence bt the z3 and n4 for a while. Z3 front speakers, waterproof mag charger, smaller, active noise cancelling headphones. All that and the S Pen and multi task won.

dj2big

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
I read on xda that most android devices have inferior DACs compared to iPhone and I pods. Unfortunately the note 4 is the same. It's due to Qualcomm hardware. I think the z3 has the best audio processing for android. I was on the fence bt the z3 and n4 for a while. Z3 front speakers, waterproof mag charger, smaller, active noise cancelling headphones. All that and the S Pen and multi task won.
I might have to take a look at the Z3

skippyg

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I can say one bug i have is audio stutter when playing back music (suprisingly not from youtube). From rdio, local music and streaming from rdio. I think its a big that should be patched with the next update. Didnt experience it on my note 3 so i think its just some glitch that will get smoothed out.

Posted via the Android Central App

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I can say one bug i have is audio stutter when playing back music (suprisingly not from youtube). From rdio, local music and streaming from rdio. I think its a big that should be patched with the next update. Didnt experience it on my note 3 so i think its just some glitch that will get smoothed out.

My N4 stutters once...just once...playing local music through BT in my truck using my Pioneer head unit. Usually within 2 minutes of playback, it will kind of "skip" once then it's fine and doesn't so it again. Weird.

douger

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site

With my S4, the "stuttering" was pretty bad when using BT. I've have seen the N4 stutter, but it's very rare. I think the audio quality is quite nice over BT to my Pioneer AVIC-Z150 but I probably am not an audiophile. I wish that metadata would be displayed on my head unit like the S4 did.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tony2