Convincing the wife to get a Note 4

fragologist

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
My wife has had a iphone 4s for the last 3 years but she's willing to make the jump to the note 4. But she's concerned that the note 4 will be overwhelming after I showed her all the features of the note 4. She had a DROID eris before the iphone so she's still skeptical about the Android os. Just curious if anyone here has had a similar situation with a friend or a loved one. Should I just let her get the iphone 6 plus.

itsnotmeitsyou

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
Bring her to best buy and have her play with the Note 4 and iPhone 6 Plus. They have Samsung reps there to show off the Note's features.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

anon(469638)

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
If she isn't a techy, just give her the new iPhone. That way youre not constantly explaining to her how to do certain things.

teslas

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
Does she not know the plus is only 4 grams lighter, and much taller? But hey, it's her phone. Unless u have a no iPhone rule in your house, let her make up her own mind and get what she wants. After all she has to live with it for 2 years. Not you.

Posted via the Android Central App

pantlesspenguin

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
My best friend used the original Evo for a couple years and then got an iPhone 5 when upgrade time came around. Now that it's time to upgrade again he's keeping an eye on recent Android devices, but I have a feeling he's going to go with the iPhone 6 just because he's used to iOS now. He plays around with my M8 and asks me how certain tasks work whenever we're together, though, so we'll see.

goin_nil

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Does she not know the plus is only 4 grams lighter, and much taller? But hey, it's her phone. Unless u have a no iPhone rule in your house, let her make up her own mind and get what she wants. After all she has to live with it for 2 years. Not you.

Posted via the Android Central App

I have to agree with this too. My wife started with android for 2 years. She then switched to iPhone 2 years ago and couldn't be happier.

She likes how simple and non-customizable (compared to Android) it is. She has an iMac and everything just works together.

Some people don't care that you can add widgets, live wallpapers, change fonts, and all the other customizations you can with android. They just want simple.

Let your wife choose.

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I say let your wife decide what phone is best for her. I see lots and lots and lots of women with iPhone's. Besides if she's happy with her iPhone, why would she want to switch.

fulleraj

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Take her to the cell store so she can try them out...then let her choose. Whatever you do don't force a phone or else you won't stop hearing about it for the next 24 grueling months.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I agree with others that if iphone is what makes her happy, she should go with it! I also agree that people like iphone for the fact that they can't change anything and it just works for them.

I am actually the tech lover between me and my husband and he just goes with what I pick, because I am the one that learns the phone and sets everything up, and shows him how to use the features! LOL! I was originally worried that the Note 2 (we both currently use and still LOVE) would be to big for him, but he has handled it very well! He doesn't utilize half the features like I do, but it does make my life much easier that he uses the same phone! I will be upgrading to the N4 when it comes out!! Good luck to you and your wife whatever she decides.

lterry913

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Just remember if she chooses to leave Iphone they have to get rid of her imessage acount etc...or unlink it from her number...this has caused many problems with people who have switched acoounts not receiving text messages. I know my post may be a little vague but I'm sure you could research it and find clearer instructions. I just know a lot of people had trouble making the switch. Make sure you ask and get a rep who knows how to do this if she switches.
Otherwise you will get the dreaded...I told you I wouldn't like this phone...my old phone was so much easier.
Also don't you have 30 days to decide after getting a phone if you like it or trade it back in? or is it less time now?

Jim_in_VA

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I'm a Android guy with a S5, wife is iPhone gal. She does not care about the tech part, just wants it to work and be simple to use. I upgraded her to a IPhone 6 from a 4 ...perfect harmony in the house :)

brentj

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
The iPhone 4S was my wife's first smart phone. She had it for about two years, then started having problems after the ios7 upgrade. I convinced her to try an S4, and now she likes it better. She is far from a techie. Although I generally agree with everyone who says let her have what she wants, I hated trying to do anything with my wife's iPhone through iTunes or connecting to the computer, so I admit that I did try to sell her on Android. It's working out well for both of us. She ignores a lot of technical stuff on the phone, but is able to do what she wants just fine. So let your wife pick what she wants, but I'd say she need not be afraid of switching to Android.

madmurd

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site
If she's anything like our dragon she's better sticking with the ease of the iPhone. The wife can't even work this right some days and it's **** easy. Other than that buy her a new iron and a calculator

zeuswsu

Feb 6, 2010
Visit site
I tried to get my wife into android a few years back and it was a pain being her 24 hour tech support. I rooted her phone and made the icons pink and all that, but see is much happier with the iPhone she uses now. It's the perfect phone for tech deficient minds

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Last year, my wife wanted a larger screen and the only way for her to get a larger screen was the Note 3. So, she asked me about it and I originally was going to push it but then backed off. Knowing how impatient she is, I knew it was not a good idea. She had gotten stung by the earlier versions of Android. She wound up with a 5s.

Now the 6 plus has come out and she is all excited about it and very excited about the Iwatch. She does not like any of the Android watches. At any rate, I have tried on a few occasions to convince her about the Note 4 but, she is not interested. At any rate, I am letting her get the 6 plus. I really do not want her to get stuck with something that she doesn't want or wishes she did not have and then that would make me feel bad in the end. Inside I know which device is superior and I also know that eventually she will come around.

fragologist

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
The sad part is my wife knows that the note 4 is the better device but there are a few apple only apps that she feels she absolutely needs.