Note 4 I wanne be prepared

JaneGI

May 14, 2013
Visit site
So.. I cant wait to get my Note 4.. hopefully in 2 weeks time.. decided to go for the white... such a beauty.. I'm a bit of a wallpaper freak and change my home screen and lock screen often.. do u guys know of any sites or apps that will give me the correct size wallpapers for the note 4 ... I hate cropping a pic and then having to choose the bit I want instead of using the whole pic .. I know about zedge and all the other wallpaper apps.. they all need cropping.. I want to use the whole pic ... please help if you guys stumble upon such a website or app... thanx a stack

Harlemknight

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Re: I wanne be prepared

So.. I cant wait to get my Note 4.. hopefully in 2 weeks time.. decided to go for the white... such a beauty.. I'm a bit of a wallpaper freak and change my home screen and lock screen often.. do u guys know of any sites or apps that will give me the correct size wallpapers for the note 4 ... I hate cropping a pic and then having to choose the bit I want instead of using the whole pic .. I know about zedge and all the other wallpaper apps.. they all need cropping.. I want to use the whole pic ... please help if you guys stumble upon such a website or app... thanx a stack
Zedge

JaneGI

May 14, 2013
Visit site

Thanks... but like I said.. I know about Zedge.
.. love the app... but u have to crop the pics... when u select set as home screen u can only select a portion of the pic ... was looking for something you dont have to do that

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site

Thanks... but like I said.. I know about Zedge.
.. love the app... but u have to crop the pics... when u select set as home screen u can only select a portion of the pic ... was looking for something you dont have to do that

Until they update the wallpapers to the N4's native resolution, you're out of luck unless you make them yourself or download them from Google. Just Google 2560x1440 wallpapers. I had the G3 for a while and zedge had a few native rez pics but not too many.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site

Most pictures you find for a specific size are just cropped pictures anyways. Find a picture on Google for a certain size, then search for all sizes of that picture. Someone is just taking a high res picture and doing the cropping for you.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site

Until they update the wallpapers to the N4's native resolution, you're out of luck unless you make them yourself or download them from Google. Just Google 2560x1440 wallpapers. I had the G3 for a while and zedge had a few native rez pics but not too many.

I believe the resolution for the Note 4 wallpapers is 2560 x 2560.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site

I thought the resolution you have to search for is 1440 x 2560 ?

Only if you don't want your wallpaper to scroll. All wallpaper sizes are like this. The Note 3 is 1920 x 1920.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site

Only if you don't want your wallpaper to scroll. All wallpaper sizes are like this. The Note 3 is 1920 x 1920.

The OP's original post says she doesn't want to have to crop the picture. The only way for it not to crop is to use a native rez wallpaper. She can use 2560x2560 size wallpaper but it will scroll....and she said nothing of being able to scroll....just that she didn't want it to crop.

What's weird is that on the G3, with stock wallpaper, it's 2560x2560 and you have a choice either to have it scroll or make it static. If you choose scroll it uses the whole picture.....but if you choose static, it crops the pic. Not sure if it's like this on the N4 but on my N3 it wasn't.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site

No one chooses a cropped picture for their wallpapers. You only want to download the correct size for your display. Then, you determine if you want it to scroll or not. You will only making things difficult if you try and find narrow wallpapers,,,which will be pre-cropped. No one takes a picture with those dimensions.

TechNut79

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site

I hate how Samsung does the cropping of wallpapers. The 2 overlapped boxes criss crossing and it always makes it look like crap. Unless I'm doing something wrong.

Note 2 via Android Central App

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site

Wallhaven.cc

JaneGI

May 14, 2013
Visit site

With my Samsung S5 I found about 2 or 3 websites where you could download the wallpaper and when you set it as home or lock screen, that little blue line or box would go all around the pic... perfect fit... loved absolutly loved it. ... so here is hoping they do the same for the Note 4 ... so if you guys one day stumble across a website or app like that... give me a shout :)
Fanks

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma