Note 4 Bluetooth APT-X

Dave Higgs

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
I've noticed the Korean version has it. I just wondered if anyone knows if the snapdragon version will have this. I want to buy some Bluetooth headphones so it would be nice to know that my Galaxy note 4 will have this.

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
Re: Bluetooth APT-X

I have not seen it mentioned anywhere. I have only seen a2dp

EDIT: Samsung USA website has Bluetooth 4.1 BLE, ANT+ on their specs.

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site

Does that mean it has it then?

I can't say either way ... It should be specified right?

I also went to the official korean samsung site but it is not mentioned under the specs there either. So maybe it does have it.

Let's hope so :)

Dave Higgs

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site

I can't say either way ... It should be specified right?

I also went to the official korean samsung site but it is not mentioned under the specs there either. So maybe it does have it.
Fingers crossed,I've seen its logo on some of the Unboxing videos . Just hope the snapdragon has it too.
Let's hope so :)

TigerDave99

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site

Yes!

Just got my Note 4 yesterday and paired it with my Sony MDR-10RBT Bluetooth Headphones moments ago. When I am playing or streaming music, the LED on the headphones quickly flashes 3 times in a row every few seconds indicating High Quality AAC or aptX mode -- just like with my Galaxy S3.

hifialan

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site

I am not convinced the Note 4 has aptx. My S3 did and I used it all the time on my aptx-compatible Bluetooth receivers in my cars. With the Note 4, however, the sound is definitely inferior to the S3 now. And, if I plug the Note 4 into my car stereo directly through the aux input, the sound is noticeably superior. So, for those of you who care about aptx, I would be careful until you can know for sure.

TigerDave99

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site

I am not convinced the Note 4 has aptx. My S3 did and I used it all the time on my aptx-compatible Bluetooth receivers in my cars. With the Note 4, however, the sound is definitely inferior to the S3 now. And, if I plug the Note 4 into my car stereo directly through the aux input, the sound is noticeably superior. So, for those of you who care about aptx, I would be careful until you can know for sure.

I contacted CSR (the company behind AptX) directly at info@aptx.com and received an email confirmation from "Sarah.McMurray@csr.com" stating that YES, the Note 4 does indeed support AptX.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool