Note 4 Suggestions needed for a Parental Control App?

Honey_184

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
I plan on buying my daughter the Galaxy S5 as soon as my N4 comes in but I need some suggestions on a good parental control app I can install on her phone before I even put it in her hands, can anyone help? I need something that's going to prevent her from searching for, or stumbling upon anything adult related as well as prevent her from going on chat sites

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Re: Suggestions needed for a Parental Control App?

Well there is Kid's Mode on the S5. I don't have kids and I don't know how old your daughter is so I don't know if that will be sufficient for you. You can probably get better info in the S5 forum about how kid's mode works on that phone.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Well there is Kid's Mode on the S5. I don't have kids and I don't know how old your daughter is so I don't know if that will be sufficient for you. You can probably get better info in the S5 forum about how kid's mode works on that phone.

She means a way to block her daughter from visiting certain content -- Kids mode is more for young kids (so they can play games without accessing any phone functions).

@Honey -- Sorry I am not sure when it comes to parental control apps since I am not a parent. If I find anything searching around I will let you know. :).

Honey_184

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site

She means a way to block her daughter from visiting certain content -- Kids mode is more for young kids (so they can play games without accessing any phone functions).

@Honey -- Sorry I am not sure when it comes to parental control apps since I am not a parent. If I find anything searching around I will let you know. :).

Yes, exactly :) Thanks Almeuit

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I plan on buying my daughter the Galaxy S5 as soon as my N4 comes in but I need some suggestions on a good parental control app I can install on her phone before I even put it in her hands, can anyone help? I need something that's going to prevent her from searching for, or stumbling upon anything adult related as well as prevent her from going on chat sites

It won't block sites -- I'm not sure there is an Android app that can do that -- but I would nevertheless highly recommend Screen Time Parental Control. It will let you impose daily time limits, bedtime hours, school hours, and you can block whatever app you want during school, bedtime, or whenever. It also gives you a detailed real time summary of what your child is and has been doing on her device -- what app she is using, what website she is viewing, and every search term used. It is wildly authoritarian in the control one can impose, but I find it absolutely necessary for my two tweens, one of whom has both a phone and a tablet (the other one just a tablet). You can also use it with a separate remote control app on your own device to monitor, control, and authorize usage of the device, apps, etc. (as opposed to going to the website or child's device to do it), but it's $3 a month for a subscription (there's a 7 day free trial). I've found it's worth it.

Honey_184

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
It won't block sites -- I'm not sure there is an Android app that can do that -- but I would nevertheless highly recommend Screen Time Parental Control. It will let you impose daily time limits, bedtime hours, school hours, and you can block whatever app you want during school, bedtime, or whenever. It also gives you a detailed real time summary of what your child is and has been doing on her device -- what app she is using, what website she is viewing, and every search term used. It is wildly authoritarian in the control one can impose, but I find it absolutely necessary for my two tweens, one of whom has both a phone and a tablet (the other one just a tablet). You can also use it with a separate remote control app on your own device to monitor, control, and authorize usage of the device, apps, etc. (as opposed to going to the website or child's device to do it), but it's $3 a month for a subscription (there's a 7 day free trial). I've found it's worth it.

Thank you! If I find something that can limit the sites she can visit, I'll install both lol. If all else fails at least she'll know I can see EVERYTHING she does lol, She's 12, and even though I installed a parental control app on her iPhone, she found a way to get around it and still go on YouTube! Little devious girl she is!

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Thank you! If I find something that can limit the sites she can visit, I'll install both lol. If all else fails at least she'll know I can see EVERYTHING she does lol, She's 12, and even though I installed a parental control app on her iPhone, she found a way to get around it and still go on YouTube! Little devious girl she is!

I know exactly where you're coming from, lol. Keep your password to yourself and she'll never be able to get around it. What's also good about the app (if you use it with the remote control, that is), is you can immediately stop usage of the device if you see she's doing something she shouldn't be. Or, of course, if she's supposed to be doing something else and won't stop using her device. She'll hate you at first just as my daughter did but she'll get used to it. ;)

Honey_184

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
I know exactly where you're coming from, lol. Keep your password to yourself and she'll never be able to get around it. What's also good about the app (if you use it with the remote control, that is), is you can immediately stop usage of the device if you see she's doing something she shouldn't be. Or, of course, if she's supposed to be doing something else and won't stop using her device. She'll hate you at first just as my daughter did but she'll get used to it. ;)

That sounds perfect! She doesn't know any of my passwords but the lil' sneak figured out that if she goes through one of her apps, she can use the search function built into it and it allows her to bypass the parental control app completely smh

nischintsocial

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
You should check Nischint , an parental control and monitoring app for android and iOS phones. It is available on google play store and itunes with free and paid both versions..

Nischint gives alerts of your child's device activities at same time it happen.. Location, phone calls, internet search, messages, pictures taken etc..

Honey_184

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
I found MobileMinder to be great. You can block websites and apps, as well you can see who's calling and texting your child. I have a promo code for any one interested in it which will give you 30% off after your free trial.

The code is MMPROMO.

Thanks for the suggestion and the code. I'll check it out :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair