Note 4 Encryption - Unlock Methods After encryption?

bontjes

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
Hey Everyone!

Have a quick question for you. Has anyone tried to Encrypt the Note 4? If so, what unlock methods do you get? One would think that the Finger Scanner with the password back up would suffice, but I know that the GS5 wasn't that graceful.

Anyone? :-\

Thanks!

ChemMan

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Re: Note 4 Encryption - Unlock Methods

I can only hope it is similar to my Toshiba laptop finger scanner. Type a login and password 1 time and the finger scanner remembers it so every L/P is only a scan away. I had a Motorola with a finger scanner I used all the time for turning the phone on, I liked it. Can't wait to see how the Note 4 will work.

bontjes

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site

I wonder what lollipop will do for this, since it encryption comes standard. I'm sure Samsung will want us to use the scanner

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

gadgetpimpin

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site

"Google has added a SmartLock feature to Lollipop that it hopes will sway users who are too stubborn to choose a PIN or reluctant to have to enter it dozens of times a day. SmartLock, instead, can unlock a device in a variety of ways, including through the use of a Bluetooth pairing, Near Field Communication, or facial recognition." I got that from a google search which led me to a website called threatpost.com, which had a lot of info on the encryption of lollipop.

mike jones35

Dec 4, 2014
Visit site

Note 4 can also be encrypted using the finger print scanner. Only a strong password is needed when you restart your phone.

Posted via the Android Central App

PaulaO

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site

So if I were to try the fingerprint thing and it not work, I can just turn off the phone and bypass it using the passcode?

ronb

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site

So if I were to try the fingerprint thing and it not work, I can just turn off the phone and bypass it using the passcode?
If you are talking about the current version of software, yes but you don't need to turn off the phone. You can unlock with either the fingerprint scanner or password. Your choice.
Good Luck!
Ron

ilordvader

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

So After Encrypt my phone & then should do a Hard Reset
That is the safe & better way before selling my phone ?

is that the right way or is there another way ?

Please

Last edited:

gograham

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
anybody know if this is the same for the Sony Xperia Z5 ?
just got it and need to encrypt for work mail, but really like using fingerprint scanner for unlocking, don't mind a pin for power up tho.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress