Note 4 App drawer and front pages

shb

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I have organized my app drawer into folders as well as the front pages on my note 2... is there a way to transfer the way i organized my apps to the new phone ? I spent a lot of time organizing my apps...

shb

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I have organized my app drawer into folders as well as the front pages on my note 2... is there a way to transfer the way i organized my apps to the new note 4 without using any launcher ? I spent a lot of time organizing my apps...

MrMLK

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: App drawer and front pages

If you install Nova Launcher, you can import your work into Nova. Then you can save a backup of you Nova settings and transfer that to your new phone.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: App drawer and front pages

I don't think you can do that with TouchWiz. Some 3rd party launchers allow you to save the homescreen/app drawer setup, like Nova Launcher.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
As far as I know, you can only import other Nova Launcher setups into Nova Launcher. You can't import your current TouchWiz setup.

MrMLK

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
As far as I know, you can only import other Nova Launcher setups into Nova Launcher. You can't import your current TouchWiz setup.

Well, I have never done it myself, but this screenshot of the default screen after nova launcher is installed:

get-metro-inspired-app-icons-your-samsung-galaxy-s4-for-sleek-looking-home-screen.w654.jpg

makes me think its possible to import from another launcher.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Ah, interesting! Have you tried it yourself? I wonder if it can do so from any launcher, or perhaps from a select group of 3rd party launchers?

EDIT: Yeah, I totally spoke too soon. This is from the app page: "Import Layout - No need to rebuild your desktop from scratch, Nova Launcher can import from most popular launchers. Including the one that came with your phone." But the don't specify exactly which launchers.

MrMLK

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
The message here is that even after 23,000 posts, there are still things you can learn. :)

I've never tried it myself, because I installed Nova the first day I had my first android phone, and I have moved Nova settings from phone to phone with each upgrade since then. I just remembered seeing that screen.

TonyStarks260

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
You can import from touchwiz to Nova, but i think the issue you're going to run into is getting your setup from Nova back to touchwiz, I can't think of a way to do that. OP are you using touchwiz? Also you have to recreate any widgets you're using, those do not import. You only get a placeholder of the grid size the widget was occupying

You could probably fly through the setup pretty fast if you just keep your old phone as reference, im pretty sure touchwiz lets you bulk select apps to put into folders. As far as app drawer goes, i think you just have to go in there and spend some time re-doing that :/

MrMLK

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
You can import from touchwiz to Nova, but i think the issue you're going to run into is getting your setup from Nova back to touchwiz, I can't think of a way to do that.

I don't think you can, but once he has his setup in Nova, he could just keep using Nova. It's very nice.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol