Is the Note 4 coming out on Verizon tomorrow?

Emperor

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Re: Note 4 on Verizon.. Tomorrow???

True... the VZW stores do not have a demo, however ... if u r looking to play with one, BB has the Note 4 demo for Sprint and AT&T.

anon8126715

Banned
Oct 10, 2013
Visit site

I pre-ordered my VZW Note 4 at Best Buy and was told it would be available 10/17, I even saw the availability date of 10/17 on the screen when ordering. I just called the store to see if it was available. They spoke to the cellular supervisor who said it should be there today but they wont know for sure until the truck is unpacked which hasn't occurred yet. I verified that it was a VZW phone and they said yes it should be there and the email will be sent as the truck is unpacked.

I'm still not holding out hope that it will actually be available until the 23rd but it's worth trying if they keep saying it will be there. I don't believe that this is the only Best Buy in the country that has the VZW Note 4 available today so I'm just assuming that the people working there are idiots and that I won't have the phone until the 23rd until I see an email saying differently.

"The truck is unpacked" is their way of realizing that they screwed up on their release date and setting the table for them telling you that it was unpacked, but now it's just waiting for someone to break down the pallets of merchandise....

MrDioji

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site

I don't know... Most people aren't going to leave a carrier due to a phone releasing 3 days later... Just like I don't see many people staying with a phone (like iPhone or any phone) because it releases when the other carriers get it.

That's 6 days! After waiting 6 weeks since the announcement. Pretty brutal... but I'm holding up, somehow.

Posted via the Android Central App

Sentrix

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

I work for BBY part-time. There is 0 stock company-wide for the VZW Note 4.
Estimated date for us in both white and black is now 10/31. Not sure when it will hit VZW Corporate.

SBarksKY

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
I work for BBY part-time. There is 0 stock company-wide for the VZW Note 4.
Estimated date for us in both white and black is now 10/31. Not sure when it will hit VZW Corporate.

I hope it hits corporate by the 21st! This is worse than waiting for my wedding day. And I was engaged for THREE LONG YEARS! LOL

phillthedrill

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Verizon are a bunch of idiots. There is no damn good reason to make their customers wait another week or two (according to Sentrix who works for Best Buy) to get a new device when T-Mobile and AT&T already have theirs out as of today. I mean seriously, who knows the real reason they are always a week later than the rest? Does anyone know?

gafly

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Verizon are a bunch of idiots. There is no damn good reason to make their customers wait another week or two (according to Sentrix who works for Best Buy) to get a new device when T-Mobile and AT&T already have theirs out as of today. I mean seriously, who knows the real reason they are always a week later than the rest? Does anyone know?
I'm pretty sure they do considerably more network testing than the other carriers for each device. The iPhone has been responsible for several AT&T network crashes over the years. Verizon puts a lot of effort into making sure no phone will ever do the same to their network.

Then you ask, "well why is the iPhone released on time with the other carriers?" My guess is that Apple requires them to do so and they have probably been testing the iPhone with Verizon long before the release date.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm pretty sure they do considerably more network testing than the other carriers for each device. The iPhone has been responsible for several AT&T network crashes over the years. Verizon puts a lot of effort into making sure no phone will ever do the same to their network.

Then you ask, "well why is the iPhone released on time with the other carriers?" My guess is that Apple requires them to do so and they have probably been testing the iPhone with Verizon long before the release date.

I don't believe it has to do with network testing. The Note 4 is no where near as popular as the iPhone and it can release on time with no network worries...

Also the AT&T thing was back when mobile Internet wasn't a huge thing like it is today where everyone has it... So AT&T had to deal with that and they weren't prepared. Today... Carriers are very well aware of the demand on their networks since everyone (even my parents haha) have the Internet in their pocket.

Edit - and since most of the people getting something like the Note 4 had a smartphone before.. So upgrading the phone won't increase demand a ton on the network out of no where.

Willn

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site

They are keeping cost down for their customers. Hence the late arrivals and no ear buds. They make money with their service and are not interested in making money for Samsung. I wouldn't call Verizon idiots, just conservative. They are the big dog in wireless communications and have no reason to make hasty decisions.

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site

It's fine. I love getting new phones. No need to be mad though. It's coming. Only a week later. Life will go on.

Honey_184

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site

As much as it sucks waiting, we are saving a lot of money with the vzw note 4.

Very true! AT&T sells the N4 for $826 & Tmo sells it for $750.... I'd rather wait a week and get it for $700 with VZW and buy my own damn headphones lol ;)

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

As much as it sucks waiting, we are saving a lot of money with the vzw note 4.

True I guess.. It's only 50 though from mine. I mean I'd love 50 bucks but if you were saying like 200 then I'd be jealous haha.

worwig

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site

Got my spare battery. It is now fully charger.
Waiting....................:'(

:D

And while I wait, what is the best way to transfer messages and recent phone call lists.
I have a handle on everything else.
But when i switch phones I always lose my old messages and phone call history. Not a big deal, but if I can transfer them easily, it would be nice.

anon(3012187)

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site

I posted a chat with Verizon in a new thread. I was worried that I would be waiting an extra week for Frost White, however a rep confirmed since I pre-ordered earlier, my expected ship date was still 10/23. I'm a little sad that it was worded that way, as opposed to ship by 10/23. BUT that's still better than ship on 10/31.

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site

Got my spare battery. It is now fully charger.
Waiting....................:'(

:D

And while I wait, what is the best way to transfer messages and recent phone call lists.
I have a handle on everything else.
But when i switch phones I always lose my old messages and phone call history. Not a big deal, but if I can transfer them easily, it would be nice.

I used smart switch. It was a breeze but it can take a while. Im not sure it transferred my call history though, but I'm sure there's an app that will.

anon8126715

Banned
Oct 10, 2013
Visit site

So how long have you been working at Verizon? :p

I personally don't buy it, especially when you consider that other devices have similar configuration (it's called KitKat and it's been out for awhile). My guess is that it's most likely something more sinister than "network testing". I wouldn't be surprised if it was an attempt at Verizon trying to get into good graces with Apple. I remember one Verizon manager, when the Note 3 was being released stating that Verizon was trying to spread out the release dates to get most out of every release out there, which sounds more like it, typical gouging of its customer base.