Home button feels loose

bullz7210

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
Anyone else's home button feel loose? I'm loving the phone, but sometimes when I press down on the home button(I guess thats what its called) it almost feels like it sticks a little, and like its moving. Although not much. My Note 2 does not do this, so I'm not sure if its just the smaller button, or if maybe the fingerprint reader has made things feel a little different.

itsnotmeitsyou

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
I can move my home button around a little bit, but nothing worrisome. However, my volume rocker and earpiece are extremely loose. Shaking the phone lightly causes them both to rattle.

Sent from my Samsung GALAXY Note® 4

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Mine doesn't move (just tried to) -- As for the sticking I haven't experienced this. It does a firm snap (or click?) noise when pressing. Mine is the T-Mobile version (black).

bullz7210

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
I can move my home button around a little bit, but nothing worrisome. However, my volume rocker and earpiece are extremely loose. Shaking the phone lightly causes them both to rattle.

Ok, mine is just a little too. Must be a common thing and nothing to worry about. The Note 2 was more recessed in the device, while this one is raised more. Could be the issue.

bullz7210

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
Mine doesn't move (just tried to) -- As for the sticking I haven't experienced this. It does a firm snap (or click?) noise when pressing. Mine is the T-Mobile version (black).

Mine does the firm snap sometimes, thats what I was talking about with the sticking. It doesnt always do it. I have the T-Mobile version too, black. So it sounds like these are normal issues and not much to worry about, I hope.

itsnotmeitsyou

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
Ok, mine is just a little too. Must be a common thing and nothing to worry about. The Note 2 was more recessed in the device, while this one is raised more. Could be the issue.

The note 3 home button drove me nuts. It was so loose that it would always be sitting at an angle. The button on the Note 4 feels great compared to that. It needs a little room to move, you just shouldn't really notice it. If the glass were tight enough around it to hold it in place, the button would always be getting stuck.

davidank

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
There's a tiny bit of play in the home button nothing out of what I'd expect but it's pretty snug though. My volume and power buttons have a little play too but after my wobbly nexus 5 buttons they're definitely ok. Can't wait for my case and screen protectors to get here tomorrow.

Posted via the Android Central App

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Mine doesn't move at all! But I do have gap gate issue. Not bad though...

girls love tech too

Really? That sucks :(. The guys (forum team) teased me in hangouts about it when I got my Note 4 ... But I took pictures of me trying to shove things in the corners and they just don't go in.

honey_bee_33

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Really? That sucks :(. The guys (forum team) teased me in hangouts about it when I got my Note 4 ... But I took pictures of me trying to shove things in the corners and they just don't go in.
The left, right and bottom sides ok, my gap is on top. I tried sticking paper in the gap and yes I was able to get a thin piece of paper into the gap with a little elbow grease. Credit card, business cards is way to thick.

girls love tech too