It's there an aftermarket charger that supports fast charging of the Note 4?

larry0071

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I have a Verizon Note 4 pre-order and I keep a charger at home as well as at work. The phone will arrive with the one factory charger, and I searched a bit on Amazon looking for a "Note 4 9V charger" after reading a comment that you need a 9V charger instead of the typical 5V charger to make use of the fast charge feature.

Has anyone located a fast charge compatible charger on Amazon, and if so, could you throw out a link by chance?

I appreciate any help

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

larry0071

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
The link goes to a dead page now, Samsung must have pulled the page down for some reason since you put the link up last night.

ronb

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
I have a Verizon Note 4 pre-order and I keep a charger at home as well as at work. The phone will arrive with the one factory charger, and I searched a bit on Amazon looking for a "Note 4 9V charger" after reading a comment that you need a 9V charger instead of the typical 5V charger to make use of the fast charge feature.
I doubt it is 9v. It is probably 2A 5v. Typical Android chargers are 1A and the pre lightning iPhone chargers are 2.1A.
There are many chargers that do both on Amazon. One charger can do 1A and 2.1A depending on which port you use.
Good Luck!

boufa

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
It is a 9v 1.67 amp charger... Just looked at mine. It is a physics thing.. Can't charge faster than the current is flowing. Sorry about you icrap not having the biggest, fastest best charger.

Oh and I use 2 amp chargers all the time on my Android devices and it takes advantage of it quite nicely.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 2014-10-17 10.44.28.jpg
    2014-10-17 10.44.28.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 324

worwig

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site

Most chargers are fairly stupid. You can typically get a no brand 5 volt charger. They have 5 volt output, and the phone adjusts the power going to the battery. But they are reaching the limits of what you can get at 5 volts. So Samsung appears to have put some smarts in the charger. The Samsung charger can set the output voltage up to around 9 volts. That gives the phone more to work with to get what sounds like around 3 amps into the battery (50% in 30 minutes, about a 1C rate). Then the CHARGER voltage falls back to the normal 5 volts.

IMHO, if you must have the 9 volt and fast charger rate, only ever use the original Samsung charger. I will be using my many cheap 5 volt chargers for a slower charge myself.

ronb

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
I was wrong. I just picked mine up and it does go to 9v to fast charge.
Sorry about the misinformation.

iGalione

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
https://www.qualcomm.com/products/snapdragon/quick-charge Qualcomm has a list of certified quick charge accessories.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

guess I'll be returning the samsung car charger that I have and the S-view case/back...

but on another Note (see what I did there?) the protective cover that they sell is actually pretty good and snug, a little more snug than the one that was available for the note 2. Gotta love it!

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Woah! Is this as fast as the Samsung charger that the phone comes with?

According to Qualcomm's website from the link posted above this Incipio car charger is Qi 2.0 certified which is what the fast charge is on the N4. Whether it's as fast as the included Samsung wall charger I don't know. The N4 doesn't come with a 12v car charger. I'm ordering one.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams