Note 4 Flashlight (Lockscreen)

ATM2626

Oct 5, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys,

I'm coming from an iphone and one feature I loved was the ability to access the flashlight from the lockscreen. Is this possible on the Note 4 without rooting?

Thanks in advance

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Yep. I use "Smart Tools" and that allows me to use a widget to toggle it. I'll screenshot it in a second.

ktopp

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
The only way I know is if you're using an S View case then you can access it from the lock screen through its little window

GrassyKnoll312

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
I don't think you can add apps or widgets to the lock screen. I thought I read that somewhere in a review. I could be wrong.

Posted via Android Central App

nj1266

May 17, 2011
Visit site
I like that option a lot on my iPhone 6. From the lock screen swipe up and one of the buttons allows you to light up the flash. Comes in handy in my dark room when I am searching my drawers for clothing.

B0omSLanG

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
I can't believe we aren't able to add lockscreen widgets. That's a huge drawback and something I've really gotten used to over time.

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Technically we just can't add widgets and apps to the Samsung lock screen. There are multiple lock screen apps that do this.

dustout

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
Flashlight on the lockscreen is why I'm getting the Sview case. I was playing around with stuff to try and get holding down or double clicking the home button to do it but ran into issues getting it to work on the lockscreen. Not sure if that's not possible without rooting or whatever or I'm too noob. :)

Redii Klutch

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys,

I'm coming from an iphone and one feature I loved was the ability to access the flashlight from the lockscreen. Is this possible on the Note 4 without rooting?

Thanks in advance

I'm going to hunt around a bit more just coming off a rooted s3 use to double tap hold for it on cyanogen. I don't see why it wouldn't be out there with all the music apps like power amp, Pandora etc having lock screen controls.

thi

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
Here's a screenshot. You can add other toggles and buttons but I chose to only have the flashlight.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-11-10-22-02-15.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-11-10-22-02-15.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 353