Samsung Extended Insurance for the Note 4

alxarambula

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Yeah Asurion is the best in my opinion, I'm on a grandfathered unlimited data plan and have to pay full retail on phones. You have to protect your investment.

Posted via the Android Central App

Dankees

Trusted Member
Mar 26, 2011
Visit site

alxarambula

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Verizon uses Asurion which is 5.18x24=$129.50 + 100 deductible for Android devices and as far as I know Asurion is the only one that covers loss and theft + accidental damage. I belive it's a $150 deductible for ios device's.

Posted via Android Central App

stanleybb50

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Did I choose the wrong coverage on Verizon? I'm paying $8/month for Total Equipment Coverage for what says Verizon/Asurion coverage. They purposely make their site a pain in the *ss to figure anything out too. I'm too lazy to go rooting around looking/comparing..

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Did I choose the wrong coverage on Verizon? I'm paying $8/month for Total Equipment Coverage for what says Verizon/Asurion coverage. They purposely make their site a pain in the *ss to figure anything out too. I'm too lazy to go rooting around looking/comparing..

TEC includes extended warranty. You can buy asurion without the extended warranty for $5.18 for android

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Use your homeowners policy it doesn't cost anymore than you now pay and there's no deductible for damage or theft.

That's the worse idea you could do. You risk higher rates, even cancellation of homeowners insurance by claiming a phone. Insurance companies keep track of claims filed, or even if you inquire if something is covered and to many claims you could find yourself without insurance or higher rates/deductibles, and $600 claims filed against your house insurance is small claims and why have them count against you. And this came from several insurance agents.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
According to my home owners insurance company a smartphone is in the same category as a laptop for example. As far as the rates increasing as a result of a claim we had approx. $3,000 water damage claim and that didn't raise our rates so I highly doubt that a smartphone claim would. Multiple smartphone claims maybe but a single claim I don't think so. So instead of paying the in comparison ridiculously high rates Asurion and others charge with equally ridiculously high deductibles my smartphone is covered under my homeowners policy with zero deductible. I highly disagree that it's the worst idea. The way you portray it any claim against a homeowners policy is going to raise your rates and that is simply not true.

Other thing is even if your homeowners insurance rates did raise after a couple of smartphone claims it would still cost a lot less than smartphone insurance monthly rates and deductibles.

Last edited:

scfoster

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Tried the Samsung site but it was giving me an error when attempting to enter/verify the EMEI number. Finally gave up and purchased a $99 warranty from SquareTrade.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
According to my home owners insurance company a smartphone is in the same category as a laptop for example. As far as the rates increasing as a result of a claim we had approx. $3,000 water damage claim and that didn't raise our rates so I highly doubt that a smartphone claim would. Multiple smartphone claims maybe but a single claim I don't think so. So instead of paying the in comparison ridiculously high rates Asurion and others charge with equally ridiculously high deductibles my smartphone is covered under my homeowners policy with zero deductible. I highly disagree that it's the worst idea. The way you portray it any claim against a homeowners policy is going to raise your rates and that is simply not true.

Other thing is even if your homeowners insurance rates did raise after a couple of smartphone claims it would still cost a lot less than smartphone insurance monthly rates and deductibles.

One claim usually doesn't raise your rates, but maybe 3 will, all claims count against you and it is for the life you have that policy.

To each their own, but my homeowners insurance is for major expenses, a phone doesn't count as that to me, but that's me.

Just putting what several agents told me.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Keltian

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
I got it. It was either Samsung or SquareTrade. T-Mobile uses Assurant and they were going to charge me $8 a month if I wanted premium handset protection without JUMP! and the deductible was $175. I thought it would be better if I had my phone protected by the manufacturer directly.

Last edited:

Dankees

Trusted Member
Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Well, I don't want my homeowner's policy to be effected if it doesn't have to be.

So, with SquareTrade and Asurion, how does it work with claims other than just having the phone replaced? So, if my phone is having issues and I need it to be looked at, etc., which is the best plan for that, which won't charge me a deductible for overheating issues, etc.?

Asurion is like $125 for two years with a $100 deductible, how much is SquareTrade? $100 for two years? How much is the deductible?

Is there something else out there? Can I pay for the two years up front to save on the overall cost of the coverage?

theoretically

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Honestly your best bet is to just look at each website and compare costs/deductibles yourself

As for asurion though, I did it have on my note 3. I ended up filing one claim when I dropped it and cracked the screen. Logged into asurion.com, filed my claim and paid the deductible within 10 minutes. Two days later I had a replacement phone at my door. They sent a phone on the box complete with the accessories and charger, etc. It was nice because when I went to send back the old device they wanted only the device back. Ended up having a spare battery, s pen and battery door cover.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci