Note 4 Questions from a newbie

AlusionL

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
I got it to Work every where but using chrome ThanKs again

That's because Chrome has the menu built in on top. S Pen is Samsung's, Chrome is Google's, as you obviously know. And as we all know, Google always does its own thing.

And no problem.

Posted via the Android Central App

AlusionL

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
what type of format should it be ? exFat. Fat32 or NTFS ? (64gb samsung evo microsd)

Use the phone's built in option to format your SD card for it to work best. Settings, System (green icons) Storage, scroll down, format SD. (Obviously backup anything on it if you have anything saved).

denise9090

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
Hello...I'm new to these type of forums but I need help..I just bought the Note 4, yay, I noticed that the camera doesn't have a setting icon. I thought it was like that but I went on YouTube for the phone demo and apparently it has it, but not on mine...also it won't allow me to zoom in neither with the volume button or thru the screen..please help!!!

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Hello...I'm new to these type of forums but I need help..I just bought the Note 4, yay, I noticed that the camera doesn't have a setting icon. I thought it was like that but I went on YouTube for the phone demo and apparently it has it, but not on mine...also it won't allow me to zoom in neither with the volume button or thru the screen..please help!!!

If you're not seeing a settings icon then your phone is probably running in Easy Mode. Go into the phone settings, tap on Easy Mode and select Standard Mode. Then you will have all the camera features.

Sam_Lee

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
The settings icon should be there in the the first place.. Try doing a hard reset. If problem still occurs you can have your phone replaced. You're probably still in a customer's remorse.

GrassyKnoll312

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
My first simple new user question is how do you change the keyboard color to a dark theme? I dont seem to have that as an option in the keyboard settings.

Brandwin

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
Software updates - I know how to check for them, but wasn't there supposed to be a update to improve battery life? I don't see that update available. When I tap update it says I am up to date. Has it not been released yet? I am use to iOS updates, but I read with Android phones it varies by carrier when we get those updates.

Thanks!

toonzizhere

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Software updates - I know how to check for them, but wasn't there supposed to be a update to improve battery life? I don't see that update available. When I tap update it says I am up to date. Has it not been released yet? I am use to iOS updates, but I read with Android phones it varies by carrier when we get those updates.

Thanks!

It's possible the guy at the counter installed the update for you. I had an update waiting for me when I set it up the first time(TMobile).

Brandwin

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
Yeah works fine except in app. It's weird links would open in the app until a few days ago. Now I can't get any link to open in app.

greatg67

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
I have a question about the Notification Readout. It has check boxes to readout: favourite contacts; msgs from priority senders; emails from priority senders; S planner events and Alarm info.

I've checked all the boxes but I'm not getting any readouts? How is this supposed to work? How do I set my favourites and priority?

TaterMay

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
Re: Questions from a newbie

My phone doesn't respond to "Okay Google" anymore and I am pretty sure I have it on.

Also I do not get badges for some apps like Hangouts (they were called badges on iOS, not sure on Android)

Same here. Anyone got a solution?