Note 4 No Notifications

Ryan Messer

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
Hiya,
Wasn't sure if it's right section but as I have a N4 thought I'd post it here.

I've literally stopped getting notifications from apps like Facebook and Cloud Magic. Anyone know why?
I will try uninstalling and reinstalling but would like to know the actual cause and if there is an actual fix.

Thanks

Ryan

Posted via the Android Central App

sillehrabbitz

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Re: No Notifications

For me notifications work for Textra/Phone calls notification wise...but Facebook and Google Hangouts no...@.@ It is frustrating...I went through every menu and my mind is blown trying to figure out what I need to change...lol

Ryan Messer

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site

Yeah, same here. Texts work, but Gmail APP or Club Magic, Facebook worked earlier today. It possibly might be Cleaner as that's what I downloaded last before it stopped working. Other than that no idea...

fragologist

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site

Not trying to be a troll but did you accidentally toggle off sync in the notification menu?

Ryan Messer

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site

Notification menu where? The app has notifications enabled on the Application Manager & In the overflow menu on Data Usage the Auto Sync is on. And obviously in the apps settings notifications is on. Am I missing something?

tbocfo

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site

I had no notifications and it turned out I had blocking mode on always. The time was grayed out but I thought it was served so I unchecked always and it works.

Ryan Messer

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site

Not that it's no on, and in settings it's off (everything is blanked out) thinking it's possibly something from the latest update perhaps

Ryan Messer

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site

No sorry I'm a brit haha, I ended up clearing the data for the Apps and I'm now getting notifications again. I did also Uninstall cleaner I'm gonna reinstall and see if I stop getting notifications again..

Midge Borer

Oct 26, 2016
Visit site
Hiya,
Wasn't sure if it's right section but as I have a N4 thought I'd post it here.

I've literally stopped getting notifications from apps like Facebook and Cloud Magic. Anyone know why?
I will try uninstalling and reinstalling but would like to know the actual cause and if there is an actual fix.

Thanks

Ryan

Midge Borer

Oct 26, 2016
Visit site
I've had the same problem up until the marshmallow update. I always got notifications from my news apps and sports apps and now I'm not getting any at all.

AXEL314

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
I've had the same problem up until the marshmallow update. I always got notifications from my news apps and sports apps and now I'm not getting any at all.

Have you tried going into your Settings>Quick Settings>Sounds and Notifications>(scroll to bottom)Application Notifications