Did anyone notice that the Note 4 from TMO comes with a screen protector already installed?

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
When I received the phone yesterday, I checked everything out and discovered there was a pre-installed screen protector already on it. Nice touch. :D

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
not trying to be a bad person but the only reason that could happen is that you got a used note 4

Nope, brand new. I have no idea why it's on there, but I'm not complaining. When I went to the TMO store to trade my N3, I showed it to them and they confirmed it.

jcastag

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Yeah definitely sounds like a used device. They definitely do not put screen protectors on the phones. I think LG used to do that a few years back, but never Samsung to my knowledge.

Posted via the Android Central App

nugj

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Well used might be a little much. I would love to know the history of it though. Might have been part of some sort of short term beta test inside Sammy and just never got caught....But out and out used....how does that make sense?

TheDouggernaut

Oct 18, 2014
Visit site
Vzw employee here.
We get most people to buy screen protectors when they get their phone and if they end up returning it, it stays on.
Did you watch them put the battery in? And take the battery out of a sealed bag?
Were the charger and cable still sealed too?

Posted via Android Central App

nugj

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Maybe so but it can't come back into Verizon and be sold at that point as a new phone. Its B stock the minute it walks out the door the first time at best.

I was thinking about a return myself but it would be much more likely that a phone in a sealed box found its way into that box that way at Samny as they would have kept their B stock far enough away from new phones to prevent the new inventory from being contaminated with B stock. But a phone that had been used for some sort of beta test inside of Sammy, I could believe they would get into a bin and eventually into a sealed box. If Vzw is selling B stock as new, that is a real issue.

I did not even check to see what carrier the guy with the phone had but I think it was T-mob. Same situation though. If they were selling B stock as new that would be a shocker.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463