Note 4 Anybody use ultra power saving mode?

thegame161

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Decided to give it a try as doubt I will normally use it given that I will normally carry a spare around. Since I left my new removable battery kit at home.

Left my girlfriend house at 8.20 this morning with 8% left and went to the gym and did some light usage with texts and a small bit of Facebook and it died about 10.30

Signal is bad at the gym so I guess this played a factor. Still least it lasted Alot longer than it would of done.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: Anybody use ultra power saving mode?

I haven't tried it yet. One day I will when I am in a power crunch :).

jerseygirl

May 18, 2010
Visit site

I charged to 100% and put in ultra power saving mode. It remained at 100% for about 3hrs. Even after taking a short phone call and receiving a txt. My old phone would drain horribly by at least 10% when removed from charger. So I like it so far.

Dewsta

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site

Decided to give it a try as doubt I will normally use it given that I will normally carry a spare around. Since I left my new removable battery kit at home.

Left my girlfriend house at 8.20 this morning with 8% left and went to the gym and did some light usage with texts and a small bit of Facebook and it died about 10.30

Signal is bad at the gym so I guess this played a factor. Still least it lasted Alot longer than it would of done.
Are you sure you were using "Ultra power saving mode", and not the less intense "power saving mode"?

From what ive read, ultra power saving turns the screen black and white and shuts off everything except calls and texts. Meaning you couldnt have used facebook. Its supposed to last like a day on 10% battery... not only a couple hours.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Are you sure you were using "Ultra power saving mode", and not the less intense "power saving mode"?

From what ive read, ultra power saving turns the screen black and white and shuts off everything except calls and texts. Meaning you couldnt have used facebook. Its supposed to last like a day on 10% battery... not only a couple hours.

On a side note the day is only an estimate. If you have UPSM on but are in a bad signal area or something like that it could still drain the battery pretty bad.

thegame161

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site

Yes it was ultra power saving mode You can switch off everything but have 6 apps

Which does include Internet and Facebook

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site

Glad to say I haven't had a reason to use it yet. I do want to try this feature out though.

honey_bee_33

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

I used it yesterday because I was out since 5:am and by the time 9pm hit I was pretty low on battery so I kicked on Ultra power saving and that left me at 15% battery life until I was able to get home. And while I was in UPS I was still able to text, facebook, call, seach Web and the battery stayed at 15%. The gray look is not bad at all. I will use UPS as often as I need in the future.

girls love tech too

honey_bee_33

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Yes I was able to use Facebook while in UPS mode. It give you six apps to choose while in UPS mode. And I picked facebook as one along with call, messages.

girls love tech too

honey_bee_33

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Also last night I changed my phone completely to 100%. Unplug the phone then put it into UPSM and when I woke up this morning my phone was still 100% charge. I really was impressed with my phone remaining at 100% when I woke up. So now instead of leaving my phone charging all night, I can now fully charge it, unplug and put into UPSM then out the door I go with no worries.

girls love tech too

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site

Also last night I changed my phone completely to 100%. Unplug the phone then put it into UPSM and when I woke up this morning my phone was still 100% charge. I really was impressed with my phone remaining at 100% when I woke up. So now instead of leaving my phone charging all night, I can now fully charge it, unplug and put into UPSM then out the door I go with no worries.

girls love tech too

Quick question how do you put your signature on your posts? I can't find it.

tartrate

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site

girls love tech too

This is pretty cool. Looks like zero drain or very close to it on UPSM on standby.

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site

Yea I'd done that already but I can't seem to get it in the AC forums app. Oh well.

From my smokin' hot N4

goin_nil

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site

girls love tech too

That's a great idea, made even better by the quick charge ability of the Note 4. Thanks for the tip!

alik4041

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site

Although that works, I wouldn't use the fast charging all the time. Lithium ions last longer if charged and discharged slowly. I believe that fast charging is a nice feature if you were in such a situation and needed to charge your phone. With that being said, I wouldn't do it everyday...simply speaking from an engineering perspective.

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site

Although that works, I wouldn't use the fast charging all the time. Lithium ions last longer if charged and discharged slowly. I believe that fast charging is a nice feature if you were in such a situation and needed to charge your phone. With that being said, I wouldn't do it everyday...simply speaking from an engineering perspective.
I agree with this. That's one reason I like that I have a spare battery charger. I have had to get a replacement phone for a loose charging port and want to avoid that (although I don't think it'll be a problem on this beast). Fast charging constantly probably creates serious battery strain. Is this the first phone to have this feature?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2