Why is the battery life on my Note 4 low?

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
Battery life on Note 4

I am having battery life issues as well. I have data turned off and have only been using wifi. My screen brightness is auto and I have fully charged my phone up to 100% twice. During charge, I keep my phone sleeping. At 2:20 today, my phone was at 20% so I began to charge it. It is now 9:39 and I am at 80%!! Wifi has been off since charging, and i have only texted a few times..power saving mode is on as well but It doesnt seem to be doing anything. Someone please help me! What am I doing wrong?!:'(

BTW fast charge is checked off! It is just grayed out (I cannot uncheck it)

Last edited:

TechNut79

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Re: Battery life on Note 4

Turn on fast charging in the settings. That's one thing. I'll let others who actually have a Note 4 chime in.

Note 2 via Android Central App

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site

edameva2.jpg
still rocking 25 percent

GALAXY NOTE 4, GO BIG OR GO HOME

double923

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site

I am a little concerned about the battery on mine. I got the Note for on Fri morning and been using regularly, no game, just my normal usage. I can literally see the battery percentage dropped before my eyes. I think the overall screen times that is really killing the battery.

Lambertoid

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site

It takes a while for me phones battery's to start holding a good charge

Posted via the Android Central App

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site

I am not having issues with my battery. Everything seems to be going well and I have my phone turned up to full brightness all the time.

Written from the mighty pen of my Samsung Galaxy Note 4!

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site

I looked in the manual and it says there should be a pop-up saying something about turning screen off...never got that seriously someone help. I am worried my phone or charger is screwed.. I don't care if my phone doesn't charge the supposed "50% in 30 mins" I just think taking SEVEN HOURS for 60% charge is NOT NORMAL.

TechNut79

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site

I am not having issues with my battery. Everything seems to be going well and I have my phone turned up to full brightness all the time.

Written from the mighty pen of my Samsung Galaxy Note 4!

Be careful with full brightness. My Note 2 developed burn-in at the top of the screen for a years worth of full brightness.

Note 2 via Android Central App

JRUNCK

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site

I charged mine 100% before going to sleep & woke up to the phone being at 80%. There was a small update that was supposed to fix battery life that came out a day or two before the release but no update is available on my At&t version. The battery drains fast on mine.

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site

I looked in the manual and it says there should be a pop-up saying something about turning screen off...never got that seriously someone help. I am worried my phone or charger is screwed.. I don't care if my phone doesn't charge the supposed "50% in 30 mins" I just think taking SEVEN HOURS for 60% charge is NOT NORMAL.

I have sprint BTW

Rmbrown1964

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site

Mine is good so far!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-10-18-21-27-55.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-10-18-21-27-55.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 1,116

seacow1500

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site

I'm on Sprint too and am having battery issues. Drains fast and my screen is using 33% even with it turned down. This is only an hour after I was fully charged.
I have checked for the update but it is not available yet.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-10-18-22-43-27.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-10-18-22-43-27.jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 507
Oct 19, 2014
Visit site

I'm on Sprint too and am having battery issues. Drains fast and my screen is using 33% even with it turned down. This is only an hour after I was fully charged.
I have checked for the update but it is not available yet.

Wondering if it is a sprint issue then? did you just lose 4% in one hour?

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site

I'm on sprint and have 17 percent left now after 16 hours of heavy use.

GALAXY NOTE 4, GO BIG OR GO HOME

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site

Your screenshot shows it charging over USB. Is that the way you have been charging your phone? You do know that charging over USB will only give you a fraction of the charge rate you would get through AC charging and would take a long time to fully charge your phone. If it's taking seven hours to get a 60% charge with an AC charger then yes you have an issue, with USB charging that length of time would be expected if the phone is powered on.

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site

Your screenshot shows it charging over USB. Is that the way you have been charging your phone? You do know that charging over USB will only give you a fraction of the charge rate you would get through AC charging and would take a long time to fully charge your phone. If it's taking seven hours to get a 60% charge with an AC charger then yes you have an issue, with USB charging that length of time would be expected if the phone is powered on.

Not sure what that means? I am charging with the charger it came with, plugged into the wall.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LesleyWang