Note 4 Protection plans? Advice?

coliee04

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
Getting my note 4 next week! But debating between getting best buys protection plan, att's, or samsungs!

Any suggestions as to which one is better would be great!

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Re: Protection plans? Advice?

BB is good, no deductible. But just know your replacement will be refurbished if you use the insurance.

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site

Best Buys plan terms have changed a lot, read the fine print. AT&T has a pretty high deductible. Square Trade is good, but I'm going with Samsung's. Price is fair, deductible is ok, best thing is a replacement within two days and I dont have to leave the house to get it or give up my phone until the new one comes - I'm all for that.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

BB is good, no deductible. But just know your replacement will be refurbished if you use the insurance.

Best Buy most definitely has a deductible and claim limit now

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus

coliee04

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site

What is the price for samsungs? I saw on the website $99 but I have seen people post a few other prices fr Samsung protection plans! Am I missing something? Or is it just the $99 for two years? Does samsungs require a fee also at the time of replacement?

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site

What is the price for samsungs? I saw on the website $99 but I have seen people post a few other prices fr Samsung protection plans! Am I missing something? Or is it just the $99 for two years? Does samsungs require a fee also at the time of replacement?

According to their website it is currently $129 for two years coverage. Replacement deductible is $95 and has a three incident limit on replacements. It covers accidental damage, broken screens and spills which some of the others do not.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

It is $129 for the note phones and $99 for the galaxy s5. You have to pay a 95 deductible.

Squaretade is pretty good but if you want it in store best buy is OK

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site

Like the reply to my post earlier said a lot of terms have changed. I had geek squad when the S3 first came out and I didn't have a deductible. I didn't know the terms changed because I don't use it anymore.

coliee04

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site

Yeah right now I have the best buy plan on my iphone 5 and as far as I believe there wasn't a deductible when I signed up for it. But I can easily see things changing since then!

rusty502

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site

According to their website it is currently $129 for two years coverage. Replacement deductible is $95 and has a three incident limit on replacements. It covers accidental damage, broken screens and spills which some of the others do not.
But it does not cover loss or theft, which some others do.

Yellow-06-GT

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site

I generally do not go for these things. But, this time I went with the AT&T option. I will probably cancel it after I get my case, which is not available yet.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk

coliee04

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site

The only reason I consider getting them is because I know if I don't have a plan, something will break. But if I do have the plan, odds are I'll be fine! :) that's what normally happens with my luck!

dj2big

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site

I have used best buy and it's the most Hassel free phone protection day one busted a note 3 next day walked into best buy and they gave me a gift card to cover buying a new one

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

I have T-Mobile jump which I like since it offers theft and lost protection which has a $175 deductible or so. A side effect is I can upgrade whenever I paid off 50%

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

desnabc44

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site

Oh wow didn't know that. Do they still give you refurbished devices?

That would probably depend on if they had any. With the N4 being so new, if you had to replace it for some reason, they would probably have to give you a new device.

OP, from what I was told at BB, their plans are changing again on the 26th. It's supposed to cover loss and theft too but there was no mention of what the "service fee" would be. If they leave the deductible at $150 I might go for their protection myself.

Posted via the Android Central App

scfoster

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site

Tried to sign up for the Samsung protection but the site wouldn't take my EMEI number. So opted for Square Trade $99 2 years.

BJM9282

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site

Was going to go with Squaretrade, but ended up choosing AT&T's coverage since it also covers loss and theft.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech